NYS Federation Championship

• 15 replies

Marillac

NYS Federation Championship
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »
Lance and Lincoln got EMBARASSED by Rice 77-50 in the AA semis.  And then in the AA championship, Rice came back from 23 down to beat Newburgh from Section 9 by two.  Another heartbreaker for Newburgh Free Academy. 

Lots of potential STJ recruits in the tourney.  Anyone in Glens Falls for this? 

How good can Lance be if he loses by 27 to a high school team in NY that was down by 23 to a Section 9 team the next game?  No offense to anyone on this board, but the PSAL sucks. 

Re: NYS Federation Championship
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »
i don't understand why when a player decides to go to a school other than st john's he automatically sucks.

the great eight was filled with these crappy players...as is the final four.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »
i was there.  rice played amazing and lincoln quit in the 3rd quarter.   

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:20:23 PM »
i don't understand why when a player decides to go to a school other than st john's he automatically sucks.

Please don't lump me in with those guys that hate on players that don't choose STJ.  I'm just saying that Lance isn't this basketball god.  If he can't even KEEP IT RESPECTABLE against another high school team in NY, how is he supposed to single-handedly put us over the top against Big East teams like Syracuse or Nova next year?  Not happening.

A team with just a 6'9 James Padgett and a four year varsity player like Buddha should be able to stay with in ten without a Lance Stephenson. 

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »

Please don't lump me in with those guys that hate on players that don't choose STJ.  I'm just saying that Lance isn't this basketball god.  If he can't even KEEP IT RESPECTABLE against another high school team in NY, how is he supposed to single-handedly put us over the top against Big East teams like Syracuse or Nova next year?  Not happening.

A team with just a 6'9 James Padgett and a four year varsity player like Buddha should be able to stay with in ten without a Lance Stephenson.

rice is a great team.  buddha has not played well this year at all.  on sat he was 2-10.  padgett was OK with 12 pts/10 rebounds.  but dont make it seem like those are two big time HS players.  rice got scott, sanders (who will be a star, guaranteed...), jack (great defensive prescanse) and stukes (commited to robert morris will play in southkent.  he had 22 pts.)

lance got into foul trouble early.  i think in the 3rd q or 2nd he already had 3 fouls. 

i've said it time and time again and dave has always been stupid about it.  lance is not goin to be an automatic 1 and done and lead us to the NCAA tourney/make us a legit program.  he'll help but he won't be the savior of the program like some think.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »

rice is a great team.  buddha has not played well this year at all.  on sat he was 2-10.  padgett was OK with 12 pts/10 rebounds.  but dont make it seem like those are two big time HS players.  rice got scott, sanders (who will be a star, guaranteed...), jack (great defensive prescanse) and stukes (commited to robert morris will play in southkent.  he had 22 pts.)

lance got into foul trouble early.  i think in the 3rd q or 2nd he already had 3 fouls. 

i've said it time and time again and dave has always been stupid about it.  lance is not goin to be an automatic 1 and done and lead us to the NCAA tourney/make us a legit program.  he'll help but he won't be the savior of the program like some think.

I know Rice is good, but my high school has played several AA CHSAA teams over the last 20-25 years (including Rice) and never played a game that was not at least respectable.   That is with five white boys that all play guard and if they are lucky enough one kid over 6'6 to play the post.  Never had more than two D-1 kids on the team at once and never were ranked above #5 in the state.  We are far from a "powerhouse."

We've never had a 6'9 kid like James Padgett.  No reason Lincoln shouldn't have been in this game. I agree with you that Stephenson is F-A-R from a one-and-done. 

boo3

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »
  1 and done to Europe or the NBDL  perhaps. ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 11:00:52 PM »

are you still sticking by your source that hes going to maryland? also, i knew rice would win this game by 30.  lincoln has been awful this year and crumbles under any kind of adversity.  the chemistry simply hasn't been there.

rice isn't just a group of great players.  they are a really, REALLY great basketball team. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »
no i'm almost positive it's kansas now.

you could be mo hicks himself and he'd be shocked if they won be 30.  let's be serious now...

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:02 PM »

you could be mo hicks himself and he'd be shocked if they won be 30.  let's be serious now...

Seriously. How GREAT are they if they were down to Newburgh by 23 the next game?  Newburgh returns all five starters next year. 

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 11:41:16 PM »

Seriously. How GREAT are they if they were down to Newburgh by 23 the next game?  Newburgh returns all five starters next year.

they were never down by 23.  they were up like 21-5 but then newburgh took like 2/3 pt leads in the 4th q.

but still.  rice is not that good offensively and just had an amazing game.  lincoln played the toughest schedule in america and dominated the PSAL playoffs.  no one could have told me with a staright face, rather it be a rice player, a rice coach, or the biggest rice fan in teh world, that they would EVER be up 30 if lance was playing.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 02:25:08 AM »

Really? You really need to stop trying to call me out because I will only continue to make you look foolish time and time again.

Here is something you wrote which sounds like you were sitting on santa's lap reading.

http://myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-open-letter-to-lincoln-high-schools.html

In case you decide to delete that out of embarrassment I'll post it in my next post.

Here are some more tidbits you've added in the past about Mr. Lance Stephenson...

there's most defintely a chance!  if he comes and our players develop we can make it to march madness.

there's not that much risk.  the guy will be a first round pick no matter where he goes.

if he doesn't qualify he will defintely go to europe imo.  i do think he will qualify.  just a feeling.

i'm honestly not THAT shocked.  i've said forever we are the perfect place for him to play and since he's so close to his family, he'll want to stay close. 

i hope lance commits before anyone else, if he wants to come here we take him. period.

how can self not be there?!1?!1 he blew it!1! 

we are getting lance!1111!11!!!!1111111

although i've said stj would be a good fit.  i'm really starting to think kansas would be perfect for him.

lance to maryland..

the show is over folks.

As you can see your opinion changes more than the weather in Florida. How can anyone take you seriously? Sure you can change your opinion but don't make it sound like you were right all along when you weren't. Let alone you try and put words in my mouth and bad mouth me by calling me stupid. I know I didn't say that but I went through 30 pages of Lance Stephenson material and came up empty. I did find a few things I had to say about Lance which I still believe and always have believed. He's not as good as he is hyped but he is a whole lot better than what we have and we could definitely use him without a doubt. I think Lance has been a man amongst boys for a long time and it might catch up to him a bit in college as he'll be going up against guys his size, speed, talent, etc. We'll see how hard he works to keep improving.

434 posts on Lance?

Some y'all thinkin he the savin grace.

Think again.

I think he'd be a great fit for many reasons. I don't think he is a saving grace and I don't think anyone out there is but he would definitely be a huge help.

I don't think there is anyone happy about the current state of the program and we can all agree we want better. Do you think landing Lance helps improve the program? I'm not making him out to be the messiah of the program but simply are we better program with Lance than without?

I've told you time and time again if you want to act like a little punk you're going to get treated like a little punk. No one buys into your credibility when you act like this and if you want to be a positive contributor here, act like an adult, and stop trying to antagonize then you will garner more respect.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 02:25:55 AM »
Hey Lance,
I’ve heard that you visited St. John’s campus and spoke to head coach Norm Roberts. Upon hearing this, many Red Storm fans and I have a glimmer of hope that you will attend St. John’s in the fall of 2009. Now I’m not a buffoon and I know you are considering schools with more recent basketball prestige like UCLA, Kansas, Memphis, Texas, Indiana, and Louisvlle, but after watching you play numerous games last year and watching your documentary, I really believe St. John’s is the school you should select.

One reason is that you will continue your legacy in New York City. Unlike those other schools mentioned, St. John’s has not made a NCAA Tournament since the 2001-2002 season. After the Mike Jarvis debacle, St. John’s has been down and out. Currently we have Norm Roberts attempting to rebuild the roster, but one thing missing from his recruiting is the star player. That star player can be you. You can be the guy who leads St. John’s, with the 9th most wins in NCAA history, back to the NCAA Tournament. You can be the guy, who unlike Felipe Lopez, lives up to the hype and makes Madison Square Garden alive again.

The second reason is the exposure. If you are indeed the guy who will lead us back to the tournament, you will be featured all over the media world. There is no other place to be than New York City when you’re winning. St. John’s used to sell out games as late as 1999, with Ron Artest and Erick Barkley. Just imagine, a packed Garden chanting your name, beating some of the Big East big boys like UCONN, Georgetown, or Syracuse. And trust me: this is not similar to O.J. Mayo going to USC. You cannot compare New York City to Los Angeles or the Big East to the Pac 10 when it comes to basketball.

The third main reason for attending St. John’s is that you will be able to do all of your magic in front of your family and friends. Your dad, mom, and little brother can all be in the stands for all your home games watching as you carry the Red Storm. It will be very easy to keep in contact with Lincoln head coach Tiny Morton and to keep tabs on the PSAL. College will be a much smoother adjustment for you – possibly even an easier one.

Now trust me, I know this is a tough decision, but with the above reasons in mind, I think St. John’s can really be the greatest school for you to choose. The team right now is not that bad; we are simply missing the centerpiece. Justin Burrell, who will be a sophomore next year, is our best player. With you on the court, he will be a very good #2 option. Malik Boothe (another sophomore – from Christ the King) is a lockdown defender; Rob Thomas (who I believe is our best player when fully healthy) should be 100% by the time you arrive, and D.J. Kennedy (who has proven to be capable of doing a little bit of everything) will compliment your game. When you arrive in two years, these players will be developed juniors who will be very solid role players. You can fill the void, a perfect place for you to step in. Also keep in mind, that other members of the 2009 class will see you commit and immediately want to go to St. John’s as well. This can grow into something big.

And just remember, the college you go to does not matter when it comes to the NBA draft. As long as you prove your worth as a teammate and player, you will be drafted in the lottery. The success of the program does not have much to do with the draft. Just look at Anthony Randolph from LSU, DeAndre Jordan from Texas A & M, JaVale McGee from Nevada, or even O.J. Mayo from USC. You are the key to your success, not the team you are with.

I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Sincerely,
Dylan
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »

Really? You really need to stop trying to call me out because I will only continue to make you look foolish time and time again.

Here is something you wrote which sounds like you were sitting on santa's lap reading.

http://myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-open-letter-to-lincoln-high-schools.html

In case you decide to delete that out of embarrassment I'll post it in my next post.

Here are some more tidbits you've added in the past about Mr. Lance Stephenson...

there's most defintely a chance!  if he comes and our players develop we can make it to march madness.

there's not that much risk.  the guy will be a first round pick no matter where he goes.

if he doesn't qualify he will defintely go to europe imo.  i do think he will qualify.  just a feeling.

i'm honestly not THAT shocked.  i've said forever we are the perfect place for him to play and since he's so close to his family, he'll want to stay close. 

i hope lance commits before anyone else, if he wants to come here we take him. period.

how can self not be there?!1?!1 he blew it!1! 

we are getting lance!1111!11!!!!1111111

although i've said stj would be a good fit.  i'm really starting to think kansas would be perfect for him.

lance to maryland..

the show is over folks.

As you can see your opinion changes more than the weather in Florida. How can anyone take you seriously? Sure you can change your opinion but don't make it sound like you were right all along when you weren't. Let alone you try and put words in my mouth and bad mouth me by calling me stupid. I know I didn't say that but I went through 30 pages of Lance Stephenson material and came up empty. I did find a few things I had to say about Lance which I still believe and always have believed. He's not as good as he is hyped but he is a whole lot better than what we have and we could definitely use him without a doubt. I think Lance has been a man amongst boys for a long time and it might catch up to him a bit in college as he'll be going up against guys his size, speed, talent, etc. We'll see how hard he works to keep improving.

434 posts on Lance?

Some y'all thinkin he the savin grace.

Think again.

I think he'd be a great fit for many reasons. I don't think he is a saving grace and I don't think anyone out there is but he would definitely be a huge help.

I don't think there is anyone happy about the current state of the program and we can all agree we want better. Do you think landing Lance helps improve the program? I'm not making him out to be the messiah of the program but simply are we better program with Lance than without?

I've told you time and time again if you want to act like a little punk you're going to get treated like a little punk. No one buys into your credibility when you act like this and if you want to be a positive contributor here, act like an adult, and stop trying to antagonize then you will garner more respect.

Damm..  Dave took Randomhero to the woodshed and gave him and old fashion whipping...

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 05:32:24 PM »
Wow the lil guy just got.......

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 04:33:33 AM »
lincoln played the toughest schedule in america and dominated the PSAL playoffs.
I'm not trying to pile on you, but Lincoln didn't play the "toughest schedule in america." They just had their toughest schedule.
Look up Oak Hill's schedule or any of the major prep schools in this country.
They'd love to dine on all of those cupcakes in the PSAL.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:37:35 AM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »