Lance,Parrom and Stith

• 60 replies
Re: Lance,Parrom and Stith
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/

Henrys Won’t Visit UK; Could Decide This Week
Posted on Apr 21, 2009 10:11 pm
The Xavier and C.J. Henry Sweepstakes took another turn Tuesday night when Carl Henry announced that his sons would not visit Kentucky this week.

“They’re not visiting,” Carl said in a phone interview. “[Xavier's] going to a prom Friday.”

The father added that a decision could be imminent.

“I think they’re going to decide this week,” he said. “To me they know enough. Kansas is Kansas. Kentucky is Kentucky.”

Asked if Memphis head coach Josh Pastner had met with the boys this week, he said: “He might’ve met with C.J [at Memphis]. Xavier is in Oklahoma.”

Carl said Pastner had C.J. “trying to change his mind” about leaving Memphis for another school.

C.J., whose tuition is being paid by the Yankees because he was once a farmhand of theirs, is a walk-on and would have to get an NCAA waiver to play immediately next year.

One thing is clear: Carl wants C.J. to pack his bags and leave Memphis after the year.

“That’s what I told him to do,” Carl said. It’s “either Kansas or Kentucky. They won’t stay at Memphis.”

Xavier told me last week, however, that Memphis was still an option.

“It depends on if my brother can get out of his thing and go transfer and play his first year,” Xavier said. “If he can’t then I might still play with him at Memphis. I don’t know yet.”

After Saturday night’s Jordan Brand Classic at Madison Square Garden, both Kentucky coach John Calipari and Kansas coach Bill Self met with Xavier in New York to make their pitches. Calipari went first and Self second.

Asked where the boys would end up, Carl said: “I already told them what I think. They gotta choose their own school.

“It’s the same thing. Kansas is Kansas. Kentucky is Kentucky. Both are good schools. They’re the ones who are going to choose their school.”

If Xavier and C.J. do decide this week, look for Lance Stephenson to follow suit shortly. Stephenson has kept a low profile, but if the Henrys go to Kentucky, Lance could end up at Kansas.

If the Henrys pick Kansas, Stephenson could land at St. John’s or Maryland.

As reported here first on Sunday, Maryland coach Gary Williams made a last-minute pitch by visiting the Stephensons last Friday at their Coney Island home.

The weekend before, Kansas’ Self flew to New York to meet with the Stephensons, and the family then took an official visit to St. John’s that same day.

(photos courtesy Jayhawkslant.com; Kelly Kline)