Lance,Parrom and Stith

• 60 replies
Re: Lance,Parrom and Stith
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
I say take Lance and put him at PG and let Kennedy and Parrom help him with ball handling duties.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »
I'll take all 3, someone needs to redshirt

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »
Whats going on with the PG from Christ the King, Sean Johnson? Is he worht a look at if Stith falls through? Can he play in the Big East?

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »
Whats going on with the PG from Christ the King, Sean Johnson? Is he worht a look at if Stith falls through? Can he play in the Big East?

He's a shooting guard/combo guard at best.  Their soph Corey Edwards (who is going to be a star as long as he gets a decent jump shot.) was their point guard. 

He's not worth a look.  He's a mid-major player.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »

He's a shooting guard/combo guard at best.  Their soph Corey Edwards (who is going to be a star as long as he gets a decent jump shot.) was their point guard. 

Didn't you say in another thread that you hated Corey Edwards and you thought he was way overrated?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 07:55:03 PM »
Jumping Kennedy can't handle the rock for us at all.

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 07:59:19 PM »
Jumping Kennedy can't handle the rock for us at all.

You're right but he can help...especially considering the other options.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »

Didn't you say in another thread that you hated Corey Edwards and you thought he was way overrated?

::) ::) ::) ::)  post on march 15th....

"he had an outstanding game today.  i was wrong about him.  he hit a few clutch 3 pointers and played very good D.  he set up his teammates and is a good athlete.  he's a big east player.  he has to refine his skills a bit offensively."

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »
This is mad tedious: Gary Williams came to NY for an in-home visit with Lance (http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/19/gary-williams-visits-lance-in-home/).

Let's say Norm brings in Parrom and Stith (along with Omari and Dwight Hardy).  Good gets, or too many players, not enough impact scoring?

pmg911

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »
This is mad tedious: Gary Williams came to NY for an in-home visit with Lance (http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/19/gary-williams-visits-lance-in-home/).

Let's say Norm brings in Parrom and Stith (along with Omari and Dwight Hardy).  Good gets, or too many players, not enough impact scoring?

I would rather take Parrom at this point, he will be here a few years and will not cause the circus that LS will bring with him.

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

I would rather take Parrom at this point, he will be here a few years and will not cause the circus that LS will bring with him.

We need a scorer though, we went for minutes at a time without a basket last year. Can Parrom get his own shots and put the ball in the bucket, Lance has certainly proven he can.

Tha Kid

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »

We need a scorer though, we went for minutes at a time without a basket last year. Can Parrom get his own shots and put the ball in the bucket, Lance has certainly proven he can.

Norm's supposed to be building a PROGRAM, not a single team that is good once every 7 years.  Parrom is a 4 year player and sounds like a great kid and teammate.  I'd take that over 1 year of Lance everyday of the week.  But let's not get too cautious boys, Norm's gonna bring em BOTH in!  8)
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »

Personally, I would rather take the Parrom just for the fact that he will most likely be around more than 1 year.

Lance is a GREAT player but I think the circus he brings with him could be overwhelming for Norm.

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

Personally, I would rather take the Parrom just for the fact that he will most likely be around more than 1 year.

Lance is a GREAT player but I think the circus he brings with him could be overwhelming for Norm.

But than what happens if Lance goes elsewhere and rips it up? We would be kicking ourselves as this kid is playing in the Big Dance and we're on the outside looking in again. Its not very often where a local kid of this caliber this falls in your lap(no matter what the circumstances).

pmg911

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »

But than what happens if Lance goes elsewhere and rips it up? We would be kicking ourselves as this kid is playing in the Big Dance and we're on the outside looking in again. Its not very often where a local kid of this caliber this falls in your lap(no matter what the circumstances).

With or without LS I don't think St. John's makes the NCAA Tournament next season.

Just my opinion and probably not worth much anyway...

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »

With or without LS I don't think St. John's makes the NCAA Tournament next season.

Just my opinion and probably not worth much anyway...

We need to score more points amongst other things and this kid is the leading scorer in NY history. The Big East will dropoff considerably from last year, now is the time to make a drastic jump. Now lets get both Lance and Parrom, maybe Stith too.  That would be something
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:16:05 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »

Well we already have a clown as coach, so I say bring on the circus!

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »
We need to score more points amongst other things and this kid is the leading scorer in NY history. The Big East will dropoff considerably from last year, now is the time to make a drastic jump. Now lets get both Lance and Parrom, maybe Stith too.  That would be something

I, agree the Johnnies need to score more points and there is no better way to aid in scoring more points than to land Stephenson, Parrom and hopefully, Stith. 

Oh!  By the way....  KOB says on Redmen.com (paraphrasing), "He's talking to Parrom (today) and no way he comes here due to our fan base."  I think it has more to do with "our fan base" ridiculing "his" players. 

No offense, KOB....  I've never seen Lawrence nor Parrom play, but not everybody is gonna agree with one another when it comes to the performance of players....  Whether, it's "your" players or not.

Not to mention, "our" fans are sick and tired of losing, so they are gonna be prone to ridicule more than praise.  Again....  No offense, KOB.  Just don't take everything the posters say so personally. 

I'm welcoming Lawrence aboard 'til I see for myself....  Hopefully, Parrom joins him, as well. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:27:37 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

Didnt you once say Norm needs NBA players to win?

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »

Didnt you once say Norm needs NBA players to win?

Lance alone isn't enough! Lance and Parrom to go with Kennedy, Horne and Lawrence would normally be a NCAA team. Norm's coaching along with the fact that he still will kiss Mase's but and try to find PT for everyone plus the fact we do not have a BE point guard would not surprise me if the team went 16 or 16 or something like that.
I am all for bringing in good players but ultimately Norm's lack of coaching will rule out in the end.