Lance "begging" Calipari to Offer Him?

• 11 replies
Lance "begging" Calipari to Offer Him?
« on: April 30, 2009, 01:29:17 AM »
http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=18458

(4): Finally, Calipari had a luncheon today at the Craft Center with donors and two people there both told me that he talked about a number of subjects. One of his main points was that he recruits givers and not takers. He said that there is a top 10 recruit “begging” to come to Kentucky but that he was a “taker” and thus wasnt interested in him. We all can guess who that is (Lance Stephenson?) but I do like the attitude expressed. That is a good way to look at top players and I hope Calipari keeps consistent with that theme.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: Lance "begging" Calipari to Offer Him?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:31 AM »
Tyreke Evans...He gave his cousin a ride in his car. Verdict: Giver
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »
Calipari might be a "taker" but hes also a "giver". See Marcus Camby

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
Honestly it says a lot after losing out on xavier henry that Cal wants no part of Lance.  Karma's a b itch lance-y boy.
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »

Marcus Camby takes money from an agent and that is John Calipari's fault..?

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »

Marcus Camby takes money from an agent and that is John Calipari's fault..?

YES, its the coach and his staffs job to watch over the kids.  JUst like Calhoun does by making illegal calls to check on Nate Miles' grades ::)

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »

Sweet....good one.

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 08:55:22 AM »
Anyone wonder if lance has a similar philosophy to Cal...and we're the beggar?

Marco, so is it Coach Ks fault that corey maggette was aligned with piggie?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »
Anyone wonder if lance has a similar philosophy to Cal...and we're the beggar?

Marco, so is it Coach Ks fault that corey maggette was aligned with piggie?

Well, do you think they might have noticed $omething while recruiting him? Anyway, Maggette was only at Duke for probably less than a calendar school year-Camby played under Cal for 3. I just think these coaches look the other way. IMO Maggette and Barkley, both Piggie henchmen, both were being investigated for the same reasons-leading them to enter the NBA draft

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »

Sweet....good one.

Good stuff LoL , don't forget about DaJuan Wagner ramblings & the Gaddy FedEx stuff just last year
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

sjd8886

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »
with renardo sidney and john wall the only other top 10's not committed, must be talking about lance...sad...i also think its sad hes getting shut down by every top school he really wants to play for and we are here everyday dreaming about him, and he still hasn't committed yet...is st johns THAT bad...if he was gonna treat st johns like this 4 months from the start of school, then why even put us in his top "x" all this time...its just so f'd up...is this kid really gonna end up at arizona? wow, someone really needs to hit this admin over the head with an aluminum bat...not wood, aluminum

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32:27 PM »
Yo man, Cal got hisself a mad crzy ego and is sayin stuff he shouldnt be sayin but do anyone expect anytin else from him?

And lets not all be revisioning histry and whatnot. Cal been recruitin bad boys since Tark went into retirement. Aint sayin it bad or good, cause all brothers need a second chance, but he aint goin afta the boys in the choir. No doubt.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.