Allan Chaney Florida Transfer

• 6 replies
Allan Chaney Florida Transfer
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »
CHANEY TAKING VISITS (Zags Blog)

Florida transfer Allan Chaney of Baltimore will visit St. Joe’s this weekend and has several other visits lined up.

“He hasn’t taken any visits yet,” said Chaney’s travel team coach, Calvin Bunkley. “I think he’s going to St. Joe’s tomorrow [Thursday]. In the following two weeks he’s going to visit Virginia Tech, Temple and Providence. I think he’s choosing between Xavier, Seton Hall or Rutgers for his final visit.”

The 6-8, 220-pound Chaney was rated the No. 27 power forward in the Class of 2008 and will have to sit out a year after transferring.

“He’s looking to fit in with the team,” Bunkley said. “Location-wise he wants to be close to home. And he wants a coach that’s going to play inside-out. He’s  a face-up four.”

We were recruiting this kid in the 2008 class. I would really like to see us land this kid with the last ship we have.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:30:46 PM by peter »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Allan Chaney Florida Tranfer
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »
What you're talking right there is strategic long-term planning... won't happen.

Seriously, though - one would think a face-up 4 would be very good for what Norm likes to do on offense.  But St. John's isn't on his list, and Norm doesn't even try to bring in many transfers, so it won't happen.

Nice idea though.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »
CHANEY TAKING VISITS (Zags Blog)

Florida transfer Allan Chaney of Baltimore will visit St. Joe’s this weekend and has several other visits lined up.

“He hasn’t taken any visits yet,” said Chaney’s travel team coach, Calvin Bunkley. “I think he’s going to St. Joe’s tomorrow [Thursday]. In the following two weeks he’s going to visit Virginia Tech, Temple and Providence. I think he’s choosing between Xavier, Seton Hall or Rutgers for his final visit.”

The 6-8, 220-pound Chaney was rated the No. 27 power forward in the Class of 2008 and will have to sit out a year after transferring.

“He’s looking to fit in with the team,” Bunkley said. “Location-wise he wants to be close to home. And he wants a coach that’s going to play inside-out. He’s  a face-up four.”

We were recruiting this kid in the 2008 class. I would really like to see us land this kid with the last ship we have.
He also had behavioral problems with Donovan, not exactly a disciplinarian. Take a pass.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »

Seriously, though - one would think a face-up 4 would be very good for what Norm likes to do on offense.

Peter. . what exactly is it that Norm likes to do on offense..

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
Chaney & Q. Thomas, two needs, two local player, no consideration  :'(
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
Norm has no idea what he is doing in the transfer game.  It is a chance for the schools not in the top 25 or so to steal some real talents from coaches that recruited too many good players at one position or having a kid that is homesick. 

Oklahoma State went to the Final Four with four transfer starters not long ago.  Most notably were the Graham brothers from UCF and their all-everything PG, Lucas, from Baylor.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »

Seriously, though - one would think a face-up 4 would be very good for what Norm likes to do on offense.

Peter. . what exactly is it that Norm likes to do on offense..

In the offense there are opportunities for forwards to take shots from the high post and even from 10 feet out; Sean Evans has made many of his moves from outside in, and Justin often gets the ball far from the block (and then has to give it up for another player).  I don't know if that's by accident or design, but a player who was a solid shot from the deep-2pt area would have opportunities.