Yet another Lance post...smh

• 42 replies

pmg911

Re: Yet another Lance post...smh
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
Next year we will only improve as our current player mature, the addition of Mase, the addition of Omari and Dwight to add depth at that position, and 3 other possible recruits we may or may not get. Either way, with the addition of Lance and all these factors just mentioned the tourney is practically a given.

Are you joking..?

Did you forget that we don't have a point guard or center that is up to any type of task in the Big East..?

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »
We are given every opportunity to lock this kid......

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...ADD_STEPHENSON

SOURCES: ARIZONA LIKELY WON'T ADD STEPHENSON
May 04, 2009 | 8:19AM | report this Don’t expect Arizona to add McDonald’s All-American Lance Stephenson to its current class.

According to sources close to the situation, new Wildcats coach Sean Miller has had communication with the Stephenson camp – largely due to the relationship between Stephenson and Arizona assistant coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson – also a New York native.

However, Arizona is not expected to make a move on the talented, yet enigmatic wing player.

Stephenson (Scout.com, No. 8) was thought to be headed to Kansas – but the Jayhawks elected to take Xavier Henry instead. Stephenson was also involved with St. John’s and Maryland, but sources indicate he and his family have reached out to numerous schools and have put both St. John’s and Maryland on the back burner.

Memphis and Arizona were two that expressed a level of interest, but the Wildcats – according to a source – are concerned with off-the-court issues involving Stephenson.

Another source said that Memphis first-year head coach Josh Pastner is researching the situation and that the Tigers could be the eventual home for Stephenson.

Europe is also an option that has been discussed with Stephenson.

[edited to delete non-Stephenson sections of article]

hopefully this is over with by weeks end cuz im tired of hearing about this coming here or not...honestly tho i still hope we land him n i feel this could b perfect timing...

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »
We are given every opportunity to lock this kid......

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...ADD_STEPHENSON

SOURCES: ARIZONA LIKELY WON'T ADD STEPHENSON
May 04, 2009 | 8:19AM | report this Don’t expect Arizona to add McDonald’s All-American Lance Stephenson to its current class.

According to sources close to the situation, new Wildcats coach Sean Miller has had communication with the Stephenson camp – largely due to the relationship between Stephenson and Arizona assistant coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson – also a New York native.

However, Arizona is not expected to make a move on the talented, yet enigmatic wing player.

Stephenson (Scout.com, No. 8) was thought to be headed to Kansas – but the Jayhawks elected to take Xavier Henry instead. Stephenson was also involved with St. John’s and Maryland, but sources indicate he and his family have reached out to numerous schools and have put both St. John’s and Maryland on the back burner.

Memphis and Arizona were two that expressed a level of interest, but the Wildcats – according to a source – are concerned with off-the-court issues involving Stephenson.

Another source said that Memphis first-year head coach Josh Pastner is researching the situation and that the Tigers could be the eventual home for Stephenson.

Europe is also an option that has been discussed with Stephenson.

[edited to delete non-Stephenson sections of article]

The Daily News and Zagsblog are both refuting this report.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
hopefully this is over with by weeks end cuz im tired of hearing about this coming here or not...honestly tho i still hope we land him n i feel this could b perfect timing...

Stephenson isn't coming to St. John's....  So, we can put that scenario to rest.  Nevertheless, I agree with you in wishing Stephenson will soon pick a school, so his recruiting shenanigans will no longer be a topic.

sjd8886

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »

Stephenson isn't coming to St. John's....  So, we can put that scenario to rest.  Nevertheless, I agree with you in wishing Stephenson will soon pick a school, so his recruiting shenanigans will no longer be a topic.

little bit of advice...giving a definite answer to something you have no idea about and no control over, makes you look like a jackass...lance could announce hes going to play for mars university, so just chill...idk if you've been following this story at all, but lance never makes up his mind 100%...no one is out of it until its over, regardless of zags reports or anything else

boo3

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 05:56:25 PM »
Next year we will only improve as our current player mature, the addition of Mase, the addition of Omari and Dwight to add depth at that position, and 3 other possible recruits we may or may not get. Either way, with the addition of Lance and all these factors just mentioned the tourney is practically a given.

Are you joking..?

Did you forget that we don't have a point guard or center that is up to any type of task in the Big East..?

This is clearly not my point of view.  I was quoting Bball  fan from a previous thread.  My posting skills are not that great with the quoting another poster. He states were going to the Ncaa'a in one thread then 2 weeks later claims will will have zero improvement with or without Lance.  can't have it both ways.

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 12:54:45 AM »

Are you joking..?

This is clearly not my point of view.  I was quoting Bball  fan from a previous thread.  My posting skills are not that great with the quoting another poster. He states were going to the Ncaa'a in one thread then 2 weeks later claims will will have zero improvement with or without Lance.  can't have it both ways.

no no no...next year might end with a good record with lance but he wouuld have horrible chemistry with the rest of the team. and if lance were to come here next year it would hurt st johns bball more in the long run.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »
If Lance doesn't come to St. John's, would you finally agree that Norm deserves to be fired?

no because ive said from the start...i feel lance would hurt next years team more than help it.

I agree he would hurt this team, but he would help SJU in the long run. It is a catch 22 :-\
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 12:12:46 PM »

little bit of advice...giving a definite answer to something you have no idea about and no control over, makes you look like a jackass...lance could announce hes going to play for mars university, so just chill...idk if you've been following this story at all, but lance never makes up his mind 100%...no one is out of it until its over, regardless of zags reports or anything else

Little bit of advice....  I'll ask for your advice when I want it.  I'm not much of a betting man, but I'll bet you money that Stephenson will not be a part of the 2009-2010 St. John's men's basketball team.

FYI, I've been following the recruitment of Stephenson for quite awhile.  I feel that, regardless what takes place with Arizona or Memphis, Stephenson will find another avenue before going to St. John's.  I also believe he'll commit to one of those mentioned schools within another week or two.

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Get your thong out of your butt.

sjd8886

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »

Little bit of advice....  I'll ask for your advice when I want it.  I'm not much of a betting man, but I'll bet you money that Stephenson will not be a part of the 2009-2010 St. John's men's basketball team.

FYI, I've been following the recruitment of Stephenson for quite awhile.  I feel that, regardless what takes place with Arizona or Memphis, Stephenson will find another avenue before going to St. John's.  I also believe he'll commit to one of those mentioned schools within another week or two.

my advice to you is find a dictionary and look up "opinion" bc you said, "stephenson isnt coming to st johns"...thats a statement, not an opinion...did you by any chance have to repeat the 2nd grade?

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »
Please behave, gentlemen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Also anyone who reads here daily is informed on the ins and outs of what has been going on in the saga they call Lance Stephenson and its safe to say no one really knows what the hell is going on.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09:34 PM »
Please behave, gentlemen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Also anyone who reads here daily is informed on the ins and outs of what has been going on in the saga they call Lance Stephenson and its safe to say no one really knows what the hell is going on.

Baldi knows whats goin on! ;)

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »

my advice to you is find a dictionary and look up "opinion" bc you said, "stephenson isnt coming to st johns"...thats a statement, not an opinion...did you by any chance have to repeat the 2nd grade?

Care to wager (on Stephenson coming to St. John's)?  My opinion is Stephenson will not come to St. John's.

What does it matter, whether I think he's not coming to St. John's?  You seem to take offense....  Stop whining like a baby.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:34:44 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:09 PM »

Care to wager (on Stephenson coming to St. John's)?  My opinion is Stephenson will not come to St. John's.

What does it matter, whether I think he's not coming to St. John's?  You seem to take offense....  Stop whining like a baby.

Heres an easy way to find out where Lance will go. Call some of these whiny alumns and and ask what school(other than SJU of Course) they are telling Lance to go to. Or you can just ask on 1 of the message boards and you can probably find out who is in his ear

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »
Heres an easy way to find out where Lance will go. Call some of these whiny alumns and and ask what school(other than SJU of Course) they are telling Lance to go to. Or you can just ask on 1 of the message boards and you can probably find out who is in his ear

I saw you post the like (last week) on the BEB board, Baldi....  Are you being serious?  Or, just clowning (like you can do, at times)?   

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

I saw you post the like (last week) on the BEB board, Baldi....  Are you being serious?  Or, just clowning (like you can do, at times)?

Unfortunately, Im serious. Its amazing what some "fans" would do because of their dislike of Norm Roberts

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »

Please refrain from name calling.

I personally feel its more likely for Lance to wind up somewhere else but despite the fact we're the ultimate fall back plan I think we're still very much a possibility. Also I want Lance in Queens next fall and to all those who worry about chemistry issues, I think thats a risk we need to take. I'd take chemistry issues over scoring less than 45ppg.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

Please refrain from name calling.

I personally feel its more likely for Lance to wind up somewhere else but despite the fact we're the ultimate fall back plan I think we're still very much a possibility. Also I want Lance in Queens next fall and to all those who worry about chemistry issues, I think thats a risk we need to take. I'd take chemistry issues over scoring less than 45ppg.

It's obvious the poster had a problem with my response (saying, Stephenson will not attend St. John's), Dave.  Hence, in calling me a "jackass."  LOL   I wasn't bothered by it, as it's easy to go that route (trash talk and throw barbs) on the internet.

Nevertheless, I also want Stephenson to be a Johnny.  But, I do not believe that'll be the case.  So, I've resigned myself to believe he'll never put on a St. John's uniform.

It's all good, Dave! 

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »

Unfortunately, Im serious. Its amazing what some "fans" would do because of their dislike of Norm Roberts

C'mon, Baldi!  LOL  Credible source told you that this is so?  Or, you're assuming this to be the case?  PM me, if you like.

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »

C'mon, Baldi!  LOL  Credible source told you that this is so?  Or, you're assuming this to be the case?  PM me, if you like.

OK