what does this mean for lance stephenson??

• 19 replies
what does this mean for lance stephenson??
« on: May 02, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/

If Parrom commits 2 arizona what would that mean for lance??...it has been said that arizona prefers kevin over lance so i doubt if they land him they will go after lance..memphis would be his backup plan then correct??..sorry i can c it only reason he wantd 2 go there wus because of cal n hes gone 2 kentucky n even if he did he wants 2 b the star player "main focus" of a team...after that kentucky? nope! they dont want him so i still feel he is gunna b a johnny!...another thing to consider is his ongoing court case...he may b forced 2 stay close 2 home because i doubt this case wont b continue...he mite not b able 2 leave the state depending on how serious the alligations are but if not he still has 2 come 2 nyc every few months 2 go 2 court n i doubt he wants 2 make the trip from ariz. or memph. n i doubt the schools would pay 4 that

sjd8886

Re: what does this mean for lance stephenson??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
ive really stopped caring what he does...its not like the kids bringing a national championship to queens...he was going to bring mediocrity back next year with a hope of better recruits in the future...but at this point, idt the recruits would say oh wow lance went to st johns bc he didnt come out and commit early, telling the world we were his first choice...if he eventually settles on us, i dont think it helps with recruiting at all in the future, i think it makes us look even more pathetic than we currently are that it took having literally no other options for the kid for him to land with us...mother $#%@ing norm

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »
lance isn't that type of figure in the NYC bball community that would have people say "wow, lance is there?  that's pretty legit maybe i should go there now."  he has respect but not that type of respect.

the big deal was media exposure.  but honestly, not to get off topic, this is all about one thing: norm roberts.  until we get a serious big east caliber coach, we'll be in these type of situations where we miss all of our top targets (this year we got omari only because of oz) and our hope fringes on one recruit.

it's pathetic that in less than 2 months, sean miller already has a better recruiting class then norm has ever had.  less than 2 months of recruiting!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
lance isn't that type of figure in the NYC bball community that would have people say "wow, lance is there?  that's pretty legit maybe i should go there now."  he has respect but not that type of respect.

the big deal was media exposure.  but honestly, not to get off topic, this is all about one thing: norm roberts.  until we get a serious big east caliber coach, we'll be in these type of situations where we miss all of our top targets (this year we got omari only because of oz) and our hope fringes on one recruit.

it's pathetic that in less than 2 months, sean miller already has a better recruiting class then norm has ever had.  less than 2 months of recruiting!!!

very tru we do need a coach who can bring in talent quickly..y not gillespie tho??...he turnd around a&m hes a great recruiter thats the type of coach we need...we need a name or someone with a lot of connections witch coaches 2 get the top recruits

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
i wouldn't be opposed to it but i think he won't come because: his personality is way too quirky for the administration, he lacks NYC connections, and he's more of a midwest/southern type of guy.

i think fran from siena is our best hope.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »
Who gives a sh*t about Lance anymore?  Really.  The kid embarassed himself over the last month and a half.  He became Xavier Henry's b*tch and now Parrom's.  No kid as highly ranked as this kid should ever be recruited over, but he's a diva.  He has about the same chance to be drafted next year as I do.

He doesn't have the balls to stay at home and make his city's college team a winner like he claimed for the last two years. 

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 04:06:38 PM »
You're going to have a tough time finding anyone outside of Stephenson's parents who care what this means to him.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »
Who gives a sh*t about Lance anymore?  Really.  The kid embarassed himself over the last month and a half.  He became Xavier Henry's b*tch and now Parrom's.  No kid as highly ranked as this kid should ever be recruited over, but he's a diva.  He has about the same chance to be drafted next year as I do.

He doesn't have the balls to stay at home and make his city's college team a winner like he claimed for the last two years.

Marillac, I couldnt agree more. He had a chance to be the man here, but something derailed that. I think its his father

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »

very tru we do need a coach who can bring in talent quickly..y not gillespie tho??...he turnd around a&m hes a great recruiter thats the type of coach we need...we need a name or someone with a lot of connections witch coaches 2 get the top recruits

i like gillespie as a coach but hes not a northeast guy.  my top 2 (realistic) choices at this point are fran mccaffrey and tom pecora.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
A) He's a more proven coach.
B) He's selling a better product. Arizona is a top 20 program and a better academic school in a better climate.

Outside of the NY/NJ kids, St. John's isn't on the radar of the elite national players. Monasch is employing a sub-par coach selling a has-been program in an outer borough of an international city.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 06:22:23 PM »
A) He's a more proven coach.
B) He's selling a better product. Arizona is a top 20 program and a better academic school in a better climate.

Outside of the NY/NJ kids, St. John's isn't on the radar of the elite national players. Monasch is employing a sub-par coach selling a has-been program in an outer borough of an international city.

Dont forget about 

C) Does Arizona have some fans and alumni sabotaging their own program like St Johns does?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:22:45 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »

Marillac, I couldnt agree more. He had a chance to be the man here, but something derailed that. I think its his father

his father is running his whole kids life...1st he names his kid after himself then he ruins the kids oppurtunity 2 go 2 college were he wants...i think if it were up 2 him he would have commited a while ago but his father is putting the negative about every skool in2 his sons head

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »

i like gillespie as a coach but hes not a northeast guy.  my top 2 (realistic) choices at this point are fran mccaffrey and tom pecora.

that is tru i completly 4got about that i still feel that if he came up here he would b able 2 recruit as many nyc kidds if not more than norm is doing but out of those 2 i wouldnt mind fran...i like him as a coach n he can also recruit talent...o n win!!..lol

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
does look that way i wanna kno who these "sources" r tho...honestly still cant believe it until he says sumthin...these the same sources that said he was a lock 2 sju??...if i saw a  article like this on espn.com or even one of the big recruiting sites but i havnt!..lol...so ill stay in my denial!!..lol...still wanna b leave he comin here...honestly i do doubt it tho

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/03/stephenson-sweepstakes-could-end-this-week/#more-16071

i think it's fair to chalk this up as another L.
a) Pass it along to Monasch.
b) Thank God it won't "hinder" Norm's chances to land other players.

St. John’s recently got a commitment from point guard Malik Stith, and head coach Norm Roberts is also waiting on several other players. By waiting on Stephenson, it could hinder his chances to land those players.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/01/johnnies-maryland-out-for-lance/

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 11:28:27 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/03/stephenson-sweepstakes-could-end-this-week/#more-16071

i think it's fair to chalk this up as another L.
a) Pass it along to Monasch.
b) Thank God it won't "hinder" Norm's chances to land other players.

St. John’s recently got a commitment from point guard Malik Stith, and head coach Norm Roberts is also waiting on several other players. By waiting on Stephenson, it could hinder his chances to land those players.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/01/johnnies-maryland-out-for-lance/

if this kidd really isnt comin(looks like it) norm betta pull sumthin out his a$* for this class...unless sumhow the team makes the ncaa or even nit...i actually think that the nit would b resonable expectations for the team we have tho...didnt norm say he had a "secret recruit" this yr tho??..lol

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 11:30:01 PM »
Interesting how the quote of the source kept on referring to Lance's decision of going somewhere as plural. "They aren't going" I guess Lance and Lance are really a package deal
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
Interesting how the quote of the source kept on referring to Lance's decision of going somewhere as plural. "They aren't going" I guess Lance and Lance are really a package deal

hahaha wow funny point...didnt even notice that..im about 105% that lance sr is makin this college decision 4 his son