fro = wins
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

Re: Cincy Post Game
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »
We won !  Thank God

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »
I'll take a conference win any day. Nice job fellas. Keep up the good work!

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:20:41 PM »
A win is nice but a loss would have been a disaster.
Lets build on this momentum.  :)

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:40:22 PM »
post game updated

www.johnnyjungle.com
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
nice job by the team...after a rough start the team finished strong...and no second half swoon.  Also we played tough defense for a complete game for the first time in a while.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 10:38:44 PM »
Wudn't pretty but the brothas played HARD fo 40.
No let down.
Nice to see a lotta playas contribute specially DJ who had hisself some down games fore tnight.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:21 PM »
 Nothing like some home cooking. The Johnney's played very nice tonight. Contributions from many players. Johnny Jungle section added  to a 70-75% filled C.A.        Go Redmen!!!.

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »
BIG win, very happy with how we played, esp. with Mase (2nd half) and DJ rebounding from poor games.  JB was himself and did his thing, though we need to get him the ball more - does Geno EVER feed him in the post?  Larry did his thing with his limited time.  I really liked the Boothe-Wright-Mase-Burrell-Thomas lineup in the 1st half (or was it DJ instead of Wright or Mase?).  I thought that lineup was VERY effective and ran the offense beautifully.  Crashed the boards too.

Gotta play UConn tough on Tuesday.  Win isn't "necessary" but would be HUGE.  Not getting blown out IS necessary, IMO.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 01:20:42 AM »
BIG win, very happy with how we played, esp. with Mase (2nd half) and DJ rebounding from poor games.  JB was himself and did his thing, though we need to get him the ball more - does Geno EVER feed him in the post?  Larry did his thing with his limited time.  I really liked the Boothe-Wright-Mase-Burrell-Thomas lineup in the 1st half (or was it DJ instead of Wright or Mase?).  I thought that lineup was VERY effective and ran the offense beautifully.  Crashed the boards too.

Gotta play UConn tough on Tuesday.  Win isn't "necessary" but would be HUGE.  Not getting blown out IS necessary, IMO.

No Kid, we have to beat Uconn. I agree the Boothe, Wright, Mase, Burrell, Thomas line up works, but thomas has to continue to improve and get more comfortable out there. Traveling calls, ill advised 3 point shots. These things need to calm down.

Kennedy can spell a number of positions, so maybe he should be the 6th man. Too bad, Geno will still play most of the game no matter what. 

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 11:20:28 AM »
  JB was himself and did his thing, though we need to get him the ball more - does Geno EVER feed him in the post? 

BINGO.  Was saying it all game.  Geno needs to get him the ball down low, JB busts his ass for position down there.  After Geno fails to find him, JB pops out to the top of the key and then Geno hands the ball off to him.  What good is that?

Would love to see Malik get some more time.  He'll feed the big man, just as he did with Coker tonight with a beautiful (and simple!) low post pass that led to a foul.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:21:09 AM by Alleyoops »

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »
Also found it interesting that Cincy didn't use their patented full court press more.  Did it for about 4 possessions all game long, 2 of which were during garbage time with a minute to go in the game.

PS - Norm's mancrush for Geno continues!

Anyway, can't wait until Tuesday.  I don't expect to win (never do), but anticipate us coming out hungry.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »
     Hopefully, we can build off this win and bring some momentum into Storrs. I think if Norm is smart, he can have a cohesive, gelling unit on the floor for most of the game. Also I like seeing Rob Thomas in there too, he's a BIG boy! JB will be a star.
     I think this teams confidence was a bit fragile coming into last night's game, even though they gave a hell of an effort up in Syracuse. A nice game last night I'm sure did wonders to lift everyone's spirits. BTW, Norm had some really nice things to say about Larry Wright in the post game quotes.

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »

No Kid, we have to beat Uconn. I agree the Boothe, Wright, Mase, Burrell, Thomas line up works, but thomas has to continue to improve and get more comfortable out there. Traveling calls, ill advised 3 point shots. These things need to calm down.

Kennedy can spell a number of positions, so maybe he should be the 6th man. Too bad, Geno will still play most of the game no matter what. 

I agree that Thomas need to relax a little, but with more playing time he will.  I agree about Kennedy because he could sub in for Wright, mase, or Thomas (move Burrell to 5 against a small team).
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 12:09:28 PM »
I have minimal problem with the minutes Norm is allocating.

Geno deserves to be out there 28 min/game. Boothe might be better in
2 years (maybe 2 months), but he's getting proper development @ 14 mpg.

Geno is shooting too much this year(especially 3's) but his Asst/TO,
Assists/min,  shooting %, reb, &  steals/min  are all better than Boothe.

Boothe has great defensive energy, but would it be as high @ 25 mpg ?

Wright needs more min, (20-25?) but DJ is having an overall better season,
& now that Mase & Rob are getting min, Larrys min are squeezed.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:14:17 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71