FREEZING

• 27 replies

kob24

FREEZING
« on: January 06, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »
is u know who freezing out u know who? i mean i cant understand how u cant feed him but u can feed tomas and dele. and throw oops to mase but not him. and i dont wanna here we dont need it or geno dosent have it in him. he does it all the time. now im getting very very very very upset

Re: FREEZING
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 01:55:28 AM »
i think you're fixating a little too much on you know who because of your ties to you know who. I said it in another thread I was shadowing you know who passing the ball to you know who and vice versa and didn't see a case where it was open and it wasn't fed. Actually you know who gave him the ball twice quicker than usual and I was happy because in the VT game you know who was hesitant to give you know who the ball which aloud the zone to shift.

I think we're seeing the team heat up(hopefully) and i don't think there is any freezing out going on. I would say so if I believed so.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:16:35 AM »
Get over the oop stuff dude, its getting annoying!

kob24

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »
Get over the oop stuff dude, its getting annoying!
I DONT KNOW JJ I JUST WANT TO SE SOME OOPS.THEY ARE EASY BASKETSAND THEY ARE EXCITING.IF U HAD KENYON MARTIN OR AMARE ON UR TEAM U WOULD WANT TOSEE THE SAME. AS FOR U BUDMAN 15 U POSTED 15 THINGS. BREATHE.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »
This isn't the and1 tour. Justin is playing well and the team is playing better. We should all be happy for the progress shown and hopefully it continues. They are far from being out of the woods though.

kob24

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »
what does throwing oops have to do with and 1? its basketball its how u break certain zones. its how u get easy baskets. its how u get the fans involve. its how u use ur athletic players.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »
agree to disagree. There is a time and a place for an oop but like I said lets get better at doing things on the ground before we take it to the air

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 03:37:44 PM »
KOB, the oop thing is a lil ridiculous BECAUSE Geno sucks at throwing passes, he has a better repoire with Mase having played with him going on 3 seasons...but Geno usually throws em away anyways.  Oops are tough, Justin should be gettin his oops, and he will.

I DO agree with you that Geno did not feed it to Justin AT ALL and I was wondering whether he was freezing him out too.  It's so blatant that it makes me wonder.
"I drink and I know things"

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
the lack of "oop" passes should be the least of our concerns.  consistent scoring, feeding the post should be our top 2.

kob24

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »
guys all this goes to scoring. he cant feed the post. and stop it we all seen geno throw oops to mase what makes justin different.

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 11:26:37 PM »
I agree sometimes it's there KOB, but in the last 3.5 years - I'm not sure how much Red Storm ball you've watched - but Geno has thrown a billion TERRIBLE oop passes.  Let's get him started with feeding JUstin in the post because JUsitn is open and Geno totally ignored him yest.  Once Geno can get the basic passes down let's move to oops is all I'm sayin...

kob24

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 11:29:36 PM »
so i guess that means for the past 4 years ive seen oops but this is gonna be the 1st with out. thats depressing for me. oh well

Tha Kid

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 11:38:37 PM »
nah nah I feel you kob, and I agree he should, I just think the more GLARING problem is that Geno isn't even feeding Justin the ball in the post regularly.  Oops are my secondary concern because at most that'd be 1 a game to justin.  Geno shoul dbe feeding justin at least 3-4 more times than he already is per game in the post.  If nothing else to just get a touch and open something up on the outside, ya know?

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 12:32:32 AM »
biggest game of our season tuesday...nice to see we are worried about getting justin oops, there are other concerns we should have with justin..perhaps guarding adrien, thabeet, and kelley virtually by himself on tuesday

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 03:27:23 AM »
this isn't the rucker...it's the big east.  you win with meat and potatoes.

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 07:46:02 AM »
biggest game of our season tuesday...nice to see we are worried about getting justin oops, there are other concerns we should have with justin..perhaps guarding adrien, thabeet, and kelley virtually by himself on tuesday

Wouldn't worry all that much bout Curt...
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »
Lets get some fundamentals down first before worrying about alley oops! As someone just said, this is the Big East, not the playground.

kob24

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »
for the last time oops are part of the game. bill russel was getting them so was wilt way b4 rucker park was popping. every 1 complains that we cant score. u can get at least 3 to 4 baskets that way.then what this does is open up lanes for layups or mid range jump shots
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:40:46 AM by kob24 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
for the last time oops are part of the game. bill russel was getting them so was wilt way b4 rucker park was popping. every 1 complains that we cant score. u can get at least 3 to 4 baskets that way.then what this does is open up lanes for layups or mid range jump shots

bro...in the half court set, no Big East team is going to let Burrell get more than 1.  Once 1 happens, those kids will be destroyed by Calhoun if it happened again.  THey wouldn't let it.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 12:02:46 PM »
Just get Justin the ball period, he's too good to not touch it all the time.