FREEZING

• 27 replies

pmg911

Re: FREEZING
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 12:49:20 PM »
for the last time oops are part of the game. bill russel was getting them so was wilt way b4 rucker park was popping. every 1 complains that we cant score. u can get at least 3 to 4 baskets that way.then what this does is open up lanes for layups or mid range jump shots

Kob..  an "alley oop" play unless run oin the break is a play you can get away with one or two times tops for a player in a game...

I think this team has a lot more to worry about then running "oops" for Justin Burrell...    they turn it over to much already...     lets not tempt them to make it even more complicated it already is...

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
agreed with pmg.  i understand your gripes about geno, kob, but throwing oops is (hopefully) not a priority for the team.  hopefully playing the REAL point guard, malik boothe, the majority of the minutes does become a priority.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 12:21:37 AM »
nah u guys are 100% right matter of fact 120% right. its not the #1 priority of the team and it shouldnt. its a priority for me i like watching him jump out the gym. i have visions of him rolling of a pick and jumping for a ball floating in the air and throwing it on a players head. OH DONT U SEE GENTLEMEN THE EXCITMENT AND WONDERS OF THE ALLEYOOP seen in gyms around the country and 4 or 5 times during a phoneix suns or orlando magics game.

pmg911

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 08:24:24 AM »
nah u guys are 100% right matter of fact 120% right. its not the #1 priority of the team and it shouldnt. its a priority for me i like watching him jump out the gym. i have visions of him rolling of a pick and jumping for a ball floating in the air and throwing it on a players head. OH DONT U SEE GENTLEMEN THE EXCITMENT AND WONDERS OF THE ALLEYOOP seen in gyms around the country and 4 or 5 times during a phoneix suns or orlando magics game.

Kob you are right about the excitement part of the play.....   

But there is HUGE difference between Steve Nash & Jameer Nelson throwing those passes rather than Geno & Malik..  ha ha ha       and with respect to JB..    he sure isn't in the same league as Amare, Shawn Marion or Dwight Howard..    one day possibly but not today...

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »
and most nba teams, until the last half of the last quarter, play less defense than most low d-1 teams...

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
hard to believe you know who would be freezing anybody...doesn't seem to be that type of guy.  He needs to start emphasizing feeding the post though...otherwise Boothe will continue to eat away at his minutes.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »
going to the oop comments about being like the suns....I'd love to see your reaction when Geno would dribble stop and pop a three 3-4 times a game like Nash. Case in point is that no one on our team is like anyone on those teams.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 12:56:43 AM »
i didnt say play like the suns i said throw oops like them