salaries

• 19 replies
salaries
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
saw this site and found it interesting..
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatCBSalariesContracts.htm

fred hill is getting paid more than norm roberts.

that would put norm in the bottom 3 of big east coaches...salary wise.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

Re: salaries
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:20:16 PM »
Does anybody know how much his buyout is?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:23:31 PM »
isnt compesation same as buyout?
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »
Not at all.  Often there is a negotiated buyout (based on number of years left on a contract) - a buyout number less than the total compensation.  I think it can be structured to a specific percentage of the salary.  Don't know unless someone has a copy of the contract records in the AD's office.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »
Also, I am not sure where that salary figure is from; New York mag had posted that Norm made 300K a few years back; while a writer for NJ.com wrote that Norm makes 600K (http://blog.nj.com/setonhall/2008/02/give_bobby_a_new_contract.html).  There's no verification... so I'm not sure any of the numbers tossed around are correct.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »
Im pretty sure Norm makes $700,000

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »
I was told that Norm's buyout number was adjusted when his rollover was renewed.

The number I was told a buyout was in the $150,000 range but who knows what is the truth and not..

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

Other than the first car I bought w/o a transmission, that is the worst $ EVER spent by anyone!
Would have been better spent throwing that $ in a lake and hiring a hobo to coach the team and pay him in soup!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »
I was told that Norm's buyout number was adjusted when his rollover was renewed.

The number I was told a buyout was in the $150,000 range but who knows what is the truth and not..
I bet that's some information we'll never know for sure... b/c even in this economy, 150K isn't that hard to eat. 

Was his buyout number more before the contract was renewed, from what you heard?

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »

I bet that's some information we'll never know for sure... b/c even in this economy, 150K isn't that hard to eat. 

Was his buyout number more before the contract was renewed, from what you heard?

Full salary for each remaining year he had left. I think that definitely played a factor in him not getting fired after year 4.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:26:16 AM »
St. John's better be ready to pony up MUCH more than 300k in their next coaching search if they expect to hire anyone worth their salt.  I can't imagine a school with thousands of alumni working in NYC could have trouble rallying boosters and accumulating quite a bit of money to revive the basketball program.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:29 PM »

Other than the first car I bought w/o a transmission, that is the worst $ EVER spent by anyone!
Would have been better spent throwing that $ in a lake and hiring a hobo to coach the team and pay him in soup!

And ever since, WASJU has been in love with trannies.   :o

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:42 PM »

The worst $$ every spent was on Abe Keita ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:34:43 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »
Really though, 300k can't be the best that we can do.  The SJU boosters can't be stingy.

This is St. John's University, NOT St. Jews University.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »
Really though, 300k can't be the best that we can do.  The SJU boosters can't be stingy.

HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA

Good one Theo

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »

Ouch!!!

Now let’s assume that all 540 people who signed the Firenorm petition gave $1000.00 each, do you think that would be enough to get Cal to leave Kentucky and bring his tainted self to Queens?

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »

Ouch!!!

Now let’s assume that all 540 people who signed the Firenorm petition gave $1000.00 each, do you think that would be enough to get Cal to leave Kentucky and bring his tainted self to Queens?

Forget Calipari, Pitino or any other high profile coach. At this point I would take any number of CHSAA coaches over your friend. Mo Hicks, Tim Leary, Jack Curran, John Carey and Jack Alesi would coach circles around your boy.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 02:17:23 PM »
It aint bout what they 1040 say.
Its about whether they earnin what they 1040 say.... or not.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »

Ouch!!!

Forget Calipari, Pitino or any other high profile coach. At this point I would take any number of CHSAA coaches over your friend. Mo Hicks, Tim Leary, Jack Curran, John Carey and Jack Alesi would coach circles around your boy.

Personally I would love to see Norm be the first contestant on "Can you outcoach a 4th grader"!

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »

Ouch!!!

Personally I would love to see Norm be the first contestant on "Can you outcoach a 4th grader"!

Hahaha  Scotch/Old Red can be the fourth grader!