Norm Makes A Top Dozen List

• 8 replies

Re: Norm Makes A Top Dozen List
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
oh, no...not another norm on the hot seat post.

the next two years we keep improving towards mediocrity.  that ensures norm is around...then he'll rebuild.  that's another year.

get into it.

st john's will never be better than it is right now unless that loser harrington is shown the door..

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »

the next two years we keep improving towards mediocrity.  that ensures norm is around...then he'll rebuild.  that's another year.

get into it.

st john's will never be better than it is right now unless that loser harrington is shown the door..

Theres a first for everything, and this is the first year I actually think Norm is on the hotseat. Maybe there is hope for you yet newsman! ;)

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »

get into it.

Theres a first for everything, and this is the first year I actually think Norm is on the hotseat. Maybe there is hope for you yet newsman! ;)

While I would tend to agree with you, I still have some serious doubts.  My main problem is nobody knows what the expectations are for this season.  Conventional wisdom would suggest that anything less than an NCAA Tournament bid would be deemed a failure.  After all, this is a coach who has used the "we're too young" excuse for 5 straight years.  Going into this season, this team might be one of the oldest in the entire conference.  So that excuse is no longer viable.  It's due or die time.

But again, nobody knows what will be good enough for the people in charge.  Are they gonna be supportive of him if they finish in the top 10 of the conference?  An NIT bid?  Fact is, no one knows.  And based on what I've seen of them in the last couple years, I'm going to be pessimistic and say that barring a natural disaster, he'll be retained.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »
I think NIT is the minimum requirement for this to be deemed a successful year in terms of administration's eyes. I do think NCAA is truly a real measuring stick though.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »

get into it.

While I would tend to agree with you, I still have some serious doubts.  My main problem is nobody knows what the expectations are for this season.  Conventional wisdom would suggest that anything less than an NCAA Tournament bid would be deemed a failure.  After all, this is a coach who has used the "we're too young" excuse for 5 straight years.  Going into this season, this team might be one of the oldest in the entire conference.  So that excuse is no longer viable.  It's due or die time.

But again, nobody knows what will be good enough for the people in charge.  Are they gonna be supportive of him if they finish in the top 10 of the conference?  An NIT bid?  Fact is, no one knows.  And based on what I've seen of them in the last couple years, I'm going to be pessimistic and say that barring a natural disaster, he'll be retained.

how is this one of the oldest teams in the conference? we have 1 senior on the entire roster...
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »
The team is dominated by juniors who are upperclassmen
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:42:33 PM »

get into it.

how is this one of the oldest teams in the conference? we have 1 senior on the entire roster...

9 juniors and 1 senior make this one of the oldest teams in the Big East

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 02:38:23 AM »

get into it.

9 juniors and 1 senior make this one of the oldest teams in the Big East

uconn will have 5 seniors and 4 juniors next season. ND will also have 5 seniors and 5 juniors. louisville will have 5 seniors and 2 juniors. marquetta will have 3 seniors and 5 juniors. cuse will have 5 seniors and 3 juniors. usf 3 seniors 5 juniors. cinci 3 seniors and 5 juniors. nova 4 seniors and 3 juniors. WV has 5 seniors and 4 juniors. SH will have 6 seniors and 3 juniors.

I didnt bother to look up the transfers to these schools so there might be more for some of them

the numbers are the similiar to st johns...the only difference being majority of our upperclass men come from our junior class and we only have 1 senior. having only one senior does not qualify us as "one of the oldest teams."
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small