• 78 replies

gonzalo

Re: Kadeem Jack - PF - Rice HS - Cambria Heights, NY
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2010/01/24/got-jack-lots-of-schools-hope-to/

GOT JACK? LOTS OF SCHOOLS HOPE TO

January 24, 2010 by NBE Blogger · Leave a Comment

by RAY MERNAGH

It was a battle between NYC (Rice) and LA (Westchester) at the Prime Time Shootout in Morgantown (WV) Saturday night…but Westchester didn’t have Jack, as in Rice’s 2010 power forward Kadeem Jack (31 points) so it really wasn’t a battle at all.

Final score was Rice 62 Westchester 46. Jack’s teammate, 2011 guard/forward Jermaine Sanders was the outside answer to Jack’s inside play, hitting several three-pointers. Jack talked about his college options after the game with NBE.

Not so long ago the thought on the street was that Jack might reclassify in order to get more opportunities, or take advantage of the few he had, at the high-major level. That thought is a distant memory now as Jack is a power in the post, dunking anything within three feet of the rim with authority, while also showing the ability to score with jump hooks over his left shoulder. Now, everybody and their brother is interested in Jack.

“I’d say my top five is Arizona, Florida, Arkansas, California and Providence,” said Jack. He also rattled off a second tier of “Seton Hall, Syracuse, West Virginia, St. John’s, UConn and Miami.”

All of a sudden, a lot of folks want Jack. Arizona will get a chance to close the deal this week as Jack confirmed that he’ll visit Sean Miller’s program this Wednesday and return on Friday.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »
Another one (coming close to biting) the dust.

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »
We're out of schollies anyway.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:11 AM »
It'll be interesting if he doesn't reclassify, for sure.

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:30 AM »
Another one (coming close to biting) the dust.

I'd put my paycheck on the line and say, Jack isn't coming here.  So, another one will bite the dust. 

The hits just keep on coming.... 

kob24

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »
 i wasnt optimistic per say but i did give them a chance. also im not down on them i think they can change it around this season but they have to be almost perfect. in regards to jack im right mo hicks has never sent a kid here. im not lying or being mean. he hasnt. ive spoken to him about it. he just never has. and by the way burrell and coker and tomas and phil progressed it doesnt look good for a big man but the way kennedy has it looks good for small fowards

pmg911

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
i wasnt optimistic per say but i did give them a chance. also im not down on them i think they can change it around this season but they have to be almost perfect. in regards to jack im right mo hicks has never sent a kid here. im not lying or being mean. he hasnt. ive spoken to him about it. he just never has. and by the way burrell and coker and tomas and phil progressed it doesnt look good for a big man but the way kennedy has it looks good for small fowards

KOB - curious and not trying to stir anything up -  you say Mo Hicks has never sent a kid to SJU but when you talk about guys that play AAU for you, its you that is sending or not sending them to a school.

Why is the case of kids that play for RICE is the coach making the call and not the AAU coach..?

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »
KOB - curious and not trying to stir anything up -  you say Mo Hicks has never sent a kid to SJU but when you talk about guys that play AAU for you, its you that is sending or not sending them to a school.

Why is the case of kids that play for RICE is the coach making the call and not the AAU coach..?
As I'm sure you know, Coach Hicks is in the unusual position of wearing two hats: Rice head coach and current impresario for the Gauchos.

kob24

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »
yeah mo wear the pants hats everything. mo is in a position that not many people have been in before. he has a top 10 school in the country with a top 10 aau program in the country

gonzalo

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/01/24/kadeem-jack-to-visit-arizona-this-week/

A 6-foot-9, 210-pound senior big man from Manhattan Rice High School, Jack will visit Arizona Wednesday night and return Friday in time for the SNY Invitational beginning Friday at Long Island University in Brooklyn.

“I’m going to get back on Friday morning,” Jack said by phone.

Jack plays on a loaded Rice team that includes Kansas-State bound guard Shane Southwell and star junior Jermaine Sanders, who is being recruited by numerous Big East programs.

Jack only began playing hoops in the summer before ninth grade, yet he has quickly blossomed into one of the most exciting and accomplished big men in the nation.

He recently dropped 24 points and 20 boards on Villanova-bound forward JayVaughn Pinkston and Bishop Loughlin.
Jack said Providence, Miami, Florida, Seton Hall, St. John’s, UConn, Arkansas and Georgia were among the other schools recruiting him.

Asked if certain schools were showing the most love, Jack said: ”I wouldn’t say it’s one school. All of them showed me love. Each school has a different way to recruit players.”

As for his visit schedule, the remaining visits will have to wait until after Rice’s season ends.

“I’m taking this visit and the rest after the season’s over,” said Jack, who will have four officials remaining after the Arizona trip.

Arizona assistant Book Richardson helped bring New Yorkers Lamont “Momo” Jones and Kevin Parrom to the desert, and now he’s targeting fellow New Yorkers Jack and 6-4 guard Doron Lamb of Oak Hill (Va.) Academy. Richardson coached with the New York Gauchos before leaving for college and Jack plays for the Gauchos now.

“I don’t know him that well at all,” Jack said of Richardson. ”I just started speaking to him. A lot of people have told me he’s a great guy.”

He also said he likes coach Sean Miller’s style of play.

“They play the same offense that I like to run. the open floor. Everybody’s running. I like that about Sean Miller,” he said.

Ultimately, Jack said he wants to play both forward spots wherever he lands.

“I’m looking for a school that I can play the four/three and a school that’s looking to develop me and I can play right away, not 2 -3 minutes a game,” Jack said.

Considering he’s only been playing ball for four years, Jack said it’s still surprising to him how highly he’s being recruited.

“Yeah, it feels kind of strange where I was before,” he said. “Everything is just hitting me now.”

gonzalo

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/03/03/arizona-leading-for-kadeem-jack/

Arizona has emerged as the early leader for Kadeem Jack, a 6-foot-9 senior forward from Manhattan Rice.

“Yeah, pretty much. I don’t see why not,” said Damian Leslie, Jack’s mentor.

“Aside from it being in a nice environment and having a winning tradition, he visited the school so you would have to say that’s what it is.”

Jack visited Arizona in January and then came home and led Rice to the SNY Invitational title at LIU-Brooklyn.
Coaches from Providence, St. John’s and Miami came to watch Jack in that event, when he earned MVP honors.

Leslie also listed Arkansas, UCLA, UConn, Florida and Seton Hall and said Jack would take additional visits after the season ends.

“After the season,” Leslie said.

Jack and the Raiders play Xaverian Friday in the Catholic League playoffs and are aiming to defending their New York State Federation Class AA championship.

“Right now he’s just focused on ball,” Leslie said.

The Arizona Daily Star reported that the Wildcats have just one scholarship remaining for 2010 and 2011, yet they are involved with Jack, Baltimore’s Josh Selby, New York’s Doron Lamb and Michigan’s Ray McCallum.

A source close to the Arizona program said Selby, Lamb and Jack remain the program’s “highest priorities.”

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/17/kadeem-jack-weighing-his-options/#more-31943

NEW YORK -- Rice center Kadeem Jack is down to five schools and plans to announce April 28.
Jack is considering Arizona, Arkansas, Miami, UConn and St. John’s.

Who's better? Jack or Polee?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:17:25 PM by Mparty7441 »

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 02:58:44 AM »
“If he goes there, I can’t go there anyway,” Jack said. “I’m actually making my decision on April 28, so whether he decides or not, I’m going.”

quote on zagsblog from kadeem....prob shouldnt look too far into it but here he is talking about his decision and hicks and how hicks might be coming here....does the last sentence hint he really wants to come here?

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »
Appears as if he will go to Prep School (South Kent) next year rather then college.  I wish I knew more about the rules to figure out how this would effect us with regards to Hicks but regardless an interesting move with all the big schools chasing.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/27/kadeem-jack-to-prep-school/

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
i would say that a way to get around this rule would be if Jack doesnt play with the gauchos this summer. that way by the time he were to come here the only contact hicks had with him in the last two years is as his highschool coach. I thought i heard that rice kids could come, just not gauchos
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »
i would say that a way to get around this rule would be if Jack doesnt play with the gauchos this summer. that way by the time he were to come here the only contact hicks had with him in the last two years is as his highschool coach. I thought i heard that rice kids could come, just not gauchos

I think it's the opposite where the gauchos MIGHT be able to come because he technically doesn't coach them but rather is the director.  No one from Rice though, that I do know. 

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »

I think it's the opposite where the gauchos MIGHT be able to come because he technically doesn't coach them but rather is the director.  No one from Rice though, that I do know.

im not saying your wrong but i know i read a couple people say something along the lines that highschool coaches arent held to the same restraint as aau coaches pertaining to this rule
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Why would he go to Prep school? He had major offers.

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
Scouts Final 2010 Ranking came out and Jack is #43 in the Top 100.

Kid is going to be a top 25 in the class of 2011.

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »
dont be surprised with Jack committing to UNC in the next week or two. Although he said he was going to South Kent...things might be changing. The Wear twins asked for their release last night and it has been said that roy williams contacted jack. Jack said he was really interested and that was his dream school