Observations from pickup

• 55 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Observations from pickup
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
Valid point; certainly, everything on a message board needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  But I'm pretty sure bball_fan isn't Old Red, as well.

That's fine.  I'll drop the OldRed thing, but I'm not so sure bball_fan isn't representing his OPINIONS as facts he gathered from talking to people at "pick-up."
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »
first off i wasnt "lookin through glass doors" i was in the gym like i sed my team was part of the team camp...and i did talk 2 Quincy who happened to be runnin one of my games at court 3 in taffner gym.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

Tha Kid

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
first off i wasnt "lookin through glass doors" i was in the gym like i sed my team was part of the team camp...and i did talk 2 Quincy who happened to be runnin one of my games at court 3 in taffner gym.

And Quincy said to you he wasn't going to play much this year? or were you surmising that on your own?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »
no i first i asked him what he thought about all the guards on the team and mentioned how every guards pt is goin down and how he looks foward 2 the compitition.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:23 PM »
Q's not going to get that much PT next season.
Do you know if he knows that, or is willing to redshirt?

How would this guy know anything?

Agreed.  I have no reason to believe anything was seen or heard from pickup bball.

Your ax to grind with bball fan thinking he is oldred is getting to be a little to passionate. Let it go, it isn't him. Its not too hard if you're on campus to look into one of the many glass doors and see whats going on. Its not uncommon for people to do that either.

Didn't realize you could find out about playing time and strategies relating to our players by looking through glass doors.  I could care less if he is OldRed or not, but Classof2013 gets a hard time for reporting things that might not be totally accurate, or as you say "are heard in his lunch room," so I am going to criticize others the same way when I am not convinced that what they are reporting is coming straight from the horse's mouth.

I have to agree.  I am unimpressed with this guy.  He comes off arrogant and unintelligent.  I can't remember one thing he has even been remotely close with. 

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »

Fair enough. My point was more directed as a general statement how anyone and everyone can gain their fair share of access if they wanted to.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »

Was this before or after you judged the Adrien-Orahki lifting contest in Uconn?

Somebody get this hero a cape.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:07:30 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2009, 12:12:22 AM »
Q's not going to get that much PT next season.
Do you know if he knows that, or is willing to redshirt?

How would this guy know anything?

Agreed.  I have no reason to believe anything was seen or heard from pickup bball.

Your ax to grind with bball fan thinking he is oldred is getting to be a little to passionate. Let it go, it isn't him. Its not too hard if you're on campus to look into one of the many glass doors and see whats going on. Its not uncommon for people to do that either.

Didn't realize you could find out about playing time and strategies relating to our players by looking through glass doors.  I could care less if he is OldRed or not, but Classof2013 gets a hard time for reporting things that might not be totally accurate, or as you say "are heard in his lunch room," so I am going to criticize others the same way when I am not convinced that what they are reporting is coming straight from the horse's mouth.

I have to agree.  I am unimpressed with this guy.  He comes off arrogant and unintelligent.  I can't remember one thing he has even been remotely close with.

Forest, Forest Gump

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »
Choz, you got me on that one.  I have no idea what that means.

Sorry yo. Had too many windows open up at one time. Meant fo another board. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

Choz multitasking on several different websites at once. :)

Just make sure you dont post here by mistake whatever you're writing on bronxhotties.com. lol

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »

Choz multitasking on several different websites at once. :)

Just make sure you dont post here by mistake whatever you're writing on bronxhotties.com. lol

I thought I was the only one from this board that knew about that site.  :D

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »

Sorry, and I don't know if this guy is for real or not, but I find it incredibly amusing that Marillac of all people would be butchering this guy for potentially overstating his access and accomplishments, what say you to that King of Hyperbole?  Yes you've been around a LOT longer but that's immaterial.  Read ths stuff and as Ripley said, believe it or not, nothing about the poster's attitude indicates he's doing it for any other reason than to chat on a message board.  PMG got a fair few similar comments when he started posting as did KOB who left boards due to it.  Suggest you all just chill out and enjoy the light reading.

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »

Sorry, and I don't know if this guy is for real or not, but I find it incredibly amusing that Marillac of all people would be butchering this guy for potentially overstating his access and accomplishments, what say you to that King of Hyperbole?  Yes you've been around a LOT longer but that's immaterial.  Read ths stuff and as Ripley said, believe it or not, nothing about the poster's attitude indicates he's doing it for any other reason than to chat on a message board.  PMG got a fair few similar comments when he started posting as did KOB who left boards due to it.  Suggest you all just chill out and enjoy the light reading.

I'm not butchering this guy for his resume or whatever he wants people to believe he does.  My problem with him stems with his arrogance and his stupidity.  Every opinion I have seen him offer up to this board has been on par with a middle-schooler.  That alone wouldn't be so bad, but he steadfastly defends his posts like few we've ever seen.  Look back at his first posts.  It was him vs. the whole board at one point. 

His post about Orahki being stronger than Adrien is just laughable.  Backing it up with a claim of seeing the two lifting together is just a lie.  Adrien had a top ten bench press in the draft combine with a 7'2 wingspan.  I don't even care to question the validity of his resume claims.  I could care less.  It is immaterial.  I believe what people say about the careers because what good would it be to lie on a sports message board?  Who even cares?

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »

I'm not butchering this guy for his resume or whatever he wants people to believe he does.  My problem with him stems with his arrogance and his stupidity.  Every opinion I have seen him offer up to this board has been on par with a middle-schooler.  That alone wouldn't be so bad, but he steadfastly defends his posts like few we've ever seen.  Look back at his first posts.  It was him vs. the whole board at one point. 

His post about Orahki being stronger than Adrien is just laughable.  Backing it up with a claim of seeing the two lifting together is just a lie.  Adrien had a top ten bench press in the draft combine with a 7'2 wingspan.  I don't even care to question the validity of his resume claims.  I could care less.  It is immaterial.  I believe what people say about the careers because what good would it be to lie on a sports message board?  Who even cares?

Well if there's one thing you know it's middle schoolers, right?  I may have missed a thread or two but I just feel differently, you guys disagree on the potential strength of Oriakhi, that's as heated as I saw it get and it's just not worth getting that heated about.  You questioned if he had really done what he claimed to have done.  I do that all the time in my mind filter but don't feel the need to post as such.  All I'll say is I doubt he's as strong as Adrien too but it's not worth getting worked up about.

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »

Well if there's one thing you know it's middle schoolers, right?  I may have missed a thread or two but I just feel differently, you guys disagree on the potential strength of Oriakhi, that's as heated as I saw it get and it's just not worth getting that heated about.  You questioned if he had really done what he claimed to have done.  I do that all the time in my mind filter but don't feel the need to post as such.  All I'll say is I doubt he's as strong as Adrien too but it's not worth getting worked up about.

Which thread was this weightlifting argument on ? I need some good reading today

boo3

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »

Which thread was this weightlifting argument on ? I need some good reading today

player improvements...classic