live! st johns vs uconn

• 79 replies

kob24

Re: live! st johns vs uconn
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 01:18:02 AM »
play right after malik breaks his man down goes to the basket draws 2 defenders drops it off to justin and we have a dunk. thats a reason why he commited here. play malik more

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »
i agree with you these were all nice plays and i wish we saw more
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »
i just watch the 1sthalf justin malik and paris are the only ones playing like they are not afraid

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2008, 01:32:09 AM »
i just watch the 1sthalf justin malik and paris are the only ones playing like they are not afraid

agree 100%....i thought paris played very well and was deserving of minutes over dj tonight

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2008, 01:57:56 AM »
play right after malik breaks his man down goes to the basket draws 2 defenders drops it off to justin and we have a dunk. thats a reason why he commited here. play malik more

kob that was a patented christ the king play either norm ripped this one out of oliva's book or malik went throw back and put himself back in the purple and gold.  erv ran a few of those "catch them falling asleep" plays to ryan pearson the other night against rice.  i loved that.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2008, 01:58:47 AM »

agree 100%....i thought paris played very well and was deserving of minutes over dj tonight

i didnt think dj was bad at all, however it wouldve been VERY hard to have both him and paris on the floor tonight.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 02:04:04 AM »

i didnt think dj was bad at all, however it wouldve been VERY hard to have both him and paris on the floor tonight.

yea not really discrediting DJ with that statement. I wouldn't sit mase to have Paris and DJ on the floor.

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2008, 03:20:29 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2599

you can watch on the video recap where evans gets burnt twice on the half ass charge he tries to take either play defense or foul him hard and then he gets burnt on help defense leaves his man for easy two and thank god he didn't foul him there too.

Also I found John Rooke to be annoying to listen to most of this game anyone know anything about this guy?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2008, 08:28:53 AM »
I like Geno, but it hurt to watch how much he was a non-factor tonight.  He couldn't penetrate, couldn't shoot, he DID make lazy passes, and he wasn't great defending AJ Price (who went off).  I hate it when laptop thieves have good games.

I think Malik's assist numbers benefited from U Conn playing a little soft, but he showed me something with the probing and penetration.  But he needs to find some kind of shot/ offense.  Dude couldn't finish the chances he had.

mkras99

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »

I thought Justin committed before Malik.
All that being said, Malik needs to start playing at least 25 mpg.

kob24

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008, 11:31:06 AM »
he did but we knew he was coming

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2008, 01:02:48 PM »
he did but we knew he was coming

also nice to see Geno feeding the post when he wasn't passing to Dyson...
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
I like Geno, but it hurt to watch how much he was a non-factor tonight.  He couldn't penetrate, couldn't shoot, he DID make lazy passes, and he wasn't great defending AJ Price (who went off).  I hate it when laptop thieves have good games.

I think Malik's assist numbers benefited from U Conn playing a little soft, but he showed me something with the probing and penetration.  But he needs to find some kind of shot/ offense.  Dude couldn't finish the chances he had.

We all like Geno...we are hard on him...but he has been a stand up guy for this program. 

I also agree about your comment on Malik(his numbers)...but the kid is a pit bull like Kob said...doesn't back down and doesn't stop playing until the clock hits zero(as evidenced by his steal with 5 seconds left).  He has earned playing time over Geno.  I think he has a decent enough jump shot to keep people honest.  Malik was also hacked big time on that breakaway...can't believe they didn't call it.

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 01:17:30 PM »
on the break justin running malik has the ball he outlets it to him just goes up and get fouled. a 3 point play. this is how the johniees should be playing in my opinion

I thought that was a hard foul by Adrien...nice composure by Justin...

Adrien is a punk and he needs to be Dele'd....finish what A. Spears started.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

We all like Geno...we are hard on him...but he has been a stand up guy for this program. 

I also agree about your comment on Malik(his numbers)...but the kid is a pit bull like Kob said...doesn't back down and doesn't stop playing until the clock hits zero(as evidenced by his steal with 5 seconds left).  He has earned playing time over Geno.  I think he has a decent enough jump shot to keep people honest.  Malik was also hacked big time on that breakaway...can't believe they didn't call it.

I can see why Malik doesn't start-- he has no scoring ability.  We never see his jump shot!  And what we have seen from him, well, he'd be another non-scorer out there.  That been said, Geno's in a serious slump and Malik will contribute more even without points.  Though he seems to thrive in a more uptempo game-- he won't have 7 assists playing the way St. john's usually does, slow and deliberate.

kob24

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 12:50:36 AM »
but thats the thing malik is and always will be a pass 1st point guard. he can hit a open shot and if u are not careful he can throw it on u. but his thing is pass and play d. and i love it and think we need more of that than anything.

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 08:31:16 AM »
but thats the thing malik is and always will be a pass 1st point guard. he can hit a open shot and if u are not careful he can throw it on u. but his thing is pass and play d. and i love it and think we need more of that than anything.

Cant agree enough, bre.
Always loved Malik's game.
Let him play and the O goin smoove. Not perfect. But better.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
GENO S%$#@ GET HIM OUT!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
How much longer do i have to subject myself too this, get geno and tomas OUT, when will norm realize we are better with malik in, probably when he gets fired (hopefully at the end of this season)

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2008, 01:57:07 PM »
erick this was the Uconn thread we're playing depaul