CHN's top 144

• 202 replies

Tha Kid

Re: CHN's top 144
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »
whats funny is, if we are ranked high, baldi thinks it shows good signs, if we ARENT ranked in the top 144...baldi will say they have no idea what they are talking about

you guys are crazy in your analysis of georgetown...this isnt the nba...its a shorter season and it was a fluke year...gotta give JTIII and the hoyas the benefit of the doubt
"I drink and I know things"

boo3

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 01:01:20 PM »
No disrespct, but dont know why y'all is gettin all jacked on some poll.

Maybe if we in the AP top 25 or sometin, but this aint nuthin to hang yo hat on as my garms say.

We aint gonna know nuthin bout this team til mid-Jan in the earliest.

took the words right out of my mouth, Choz.  what difference does it make if we are 75 or 90?  Honestly,  who cares?

Tha Kid

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 01:02:33 PM »
it honestly makes me want to throw up that people are getting all psyched about potentially being ranked in the top 90!  We are a historically premier program.  Top 25 or nothion.

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »
it honestly makes me want to throw up that people are getting all psyched about potentially being ranked in the top 90!  We are a historically premier program.  Top 25 or nothion.

Whose getting psyched? And when were we a historically premier program? Or should I say, what is your definition of a historically premier program?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:15:15 PM by Marco Baldi »

Poison

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »

Whose getting psyched? And when were we a historically premier program? Or should I say, what is your definition of a historically premier program?

Marco, disputing that SJU was a premier program is really not fair, or accurate.
Perhaps we haven't been consistently good since Malik Sealy graduated, but when
he was here, Uconn, BC and Nova were the underdog in their own house.

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »

Marco, disputing that SJU was a premier program is really not fair, or accurate.

Them was the days yo.

Redmen come in yo house and make it rain wit pain.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »

Premier programs win champioships and are in the hunt year in and year out. Thats my opinion. The Sealy years are few are far between. For me, premeir means consistent

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
No disrespct, but dont know why y'all is gettin all jacked on some poll.

Maybe if we in the AP top 25 or sometin, but this aint nuthin to hang yo hat on as my garms say.

We aint gonna know nuthin bout this team til mid-Jan in the earliest.

I don't think anyone is getting jacked up on this but rather just discussing it. I think its fair and fun to discuss and debate where we stack up this season and where our rivals stack up as well.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »
An aside - nice Desmond Dekker quote, Choz.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »

Them was the days yo.

Redmen come in yo house and make it rain wit pain.

I remember waxing BC at Alumni Hall in 91.
Malik Sealy was playing keep-a-way with them.

Over before it started.

It's just not right that Boston College is a good program.
I miss the bottom feeder Boston College.

boo3

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
   I just want to make the Ncaa's on a consistent basis, compete for the Big East title  every year, and generally not be a laughing stock anymore.  Say what you want about Carnesecca,  but the man had us in the tourney nearly every season.  Even when it was  considered a "down"  year,  we still competed,  had our share of big wins, at home and on the road.  It was actually fun to be a fan.   You weren't laughed at.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:55:27 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »
An aside - nice Desmond Dekker quote, Choz.

Tru Original Rudi.

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 06:16:37 PM »
Boo, Louie had a lousy tournament record. And he professed to be as happy to be in the NIT as the tourney. And all the wins notwithstanding, if you go back and look at his record, I don't think it's accurate to call us premiere.

I've always wondered what this board would have been like when NY had 3 absolutely premiere point guards.... and Louie got the fourth. (of course, that was Mark Jackson... but can you imagine the screaming?)

Louie used to frustrate the bejeezus out of me because I felt he was holding us back. :)

boo3

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »
Boo, Louie had a lousy tournament record. And he professed to be as happy to be in the NIT as the tourney. And all the wins notwithstanding, if you go back and look at his record, I don't think it's accurate to call us premiere.

I've always wondered what this board would have been like when NY had 3 absolutely premiere point guards.... and Louie got the fourth. (of course, that was Mark Jackson... but can you imagine the screaming?)

Louie used to frustrate the bejeezus out of me because I felt he was holding us back. :)

"Premiere "  is not my term.   I just want to be relevant.  Under Louie,  we were.  Under Norm, we are not.  I'd rather have a coach with a losing tourney record,  than no tourney record at all.

Poison

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »
This program is still a sleeping giant. A big name coach could make us a premier program. Roberts isn't attractive enough to these top flight recruits.

The only way we can be relevant under Roberts is if his recruits turn out to be better than advertised.

Tha Kid

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »
This program is still a sleeping giant. A big name coach could make us a premier program. Roberts isn't attractive enough to these top flight recruits.

The only way we can be relevant under Roberts is if his recruits turn out to be better than advertised.

Wrong - the recruits/talent is not the problem.  It's the coaching.  A good coach would have this team as currently constructed in the NCAA.  Roberts won't.  He better be fired after the year if he doesn't make the dance.

Poison

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »

Wrong - the recruits/talent is not the problem.  It's the coaching.  A good coach would have this team as currently constructed in the NCAA.  Roberts won't.  He better be fired after the year if he doesn't make the dance.

We don't know what kind of talent we have on "this" team yet.
Unless you've seen Dwight Hardy play a D1 game?

So I'm not wrong, because you're basing this on speculation.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:29:53 AM by Poison »

Foad

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 10:55:52 AM »

Louie was expert at beating Davidson and NYU. And like any good mid major coach he was capable of jumping up and giving one of the real major teams a game on any given night. And like a good mid major coach he once in a while had a great team. Emphasis on once, emphasis on in a while. And like a bad mid major coach he was capable of losing first round NIT games at Alumni Hall, and second round NCAA games at Nassau Coliseum. That is basically the "greatness" to which this once proud program aspires: kicking the snot out of Fordham on a regular basis.

Weren't there three (Hutchinson and Smith) and Jackson was the third? Who was the fourth?

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »

Louie was expert at beating Davidson and NYU. And like any good mid major coach he was capable of jumping up and giving one of the real major teams a game on any given night. And like a good mid major coach he once in a while had a great team. Emphasis on once, emphasis on in a while. And like a bad mid major coach he was capable of losing first round NIT games at Alumni Hall, and second round NCAA games at Nassau Coliseum. That is basically the "greatness" to which this once proud program aspires: kicking the snot out of Fordham on a regular basis.

Weren't there three (Hutchinson and Smith) and Jackson was the third? Who was the fourth?

Pearl.

Tha Kid

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

We don't know what kind of talent we have on "this" team yet.
Unless you've seen Dwight Hardy play a D1 game?

So I'm not wrong, because you're basing this on speculation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're returning every major contributor from last year AND Anthony Mason, right?  Because that's enough talent for a good coach to get us into the dance.  So you are wrong.  Roberts is the problem.  Roberts is the problem.  Roberts is the problem.  What's so hard to  understand about this?