CHN's top 144

• 202 replies

Tha Kid

Re: CHN's top 144
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
Kid? Make a wager? Grow up man.

Grown men make wagers and follow through on them, which I'm prepared to do.

People that need to grow up claim that players that dont perform should be executed.

$100, you want it or are you a poor kid who cant back up his assessment?
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2009, 02:08:06 PM »
Poison do you actually analyze teams or do you just pick the teams you think are good and assume they will always be that good?

Cuse loses their top THREE players.  Yet they are sweet 16 and gtown sucks despite returning Monroe and Wright?  I'd put a wager down right now that GTown is better than Cuse.  $100 bucks.  You want to take it?

I can smell Baldi coming round the corner for you, Kid.

thatll be a little while...baldi's no spring chicken...doesn't round corners well...

Poison

« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »
Kid? Make a wager? Grow up man.

Grown men make wagers and follow through on them, which I'm prepared to do.

People that need to grow up claim that players that dont perform should be executed.

$100, you want it or are you a poor kid who cant back up his assessment?

Players should be executed? I made an off color joke about the former Yankee trainer a month ago. I never said a word about our players in that vein.

Are you drunk?

And no, I have no intention of making a wager of any kind with you,
but I'll be sure to rub it in often when I'm proven right.

What's your problem with Syracuse? Their fans hurt your feelings at MSG?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:41:32 PM by Poison »

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »
Poison do you actually analyze teams or do you just pick the teams you think are good and assume they will always be that good?

Cuse loses their top THREE players.  Yet they are sweet 16 and gtown sucks despite returning Monroe and Wright?  I'd put a wager down right now that GTown is better than Cuse.  $100 bucks.  You want to take it?

thatll be a little while...baldi's no spring chicken...doesn't round corners well...

Tha kid, can you explain why you think Georgetown will be so great this year?

« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »
Suffice to say that both teams, like every team from 4-11 in the BE have questions marks and could turn out pretty good or pretty bad.  Some folks value experience but so far unrealized potential over lack of experience but no bad track record.

Both teams lost an early entry candidate to the draft (Flynn, Summers).  Both teams lost team leadership (Sapp, Devo/Harris though their leadership skills seemed to be lacking thereby moving Boeheim to approve them walking away). 

Only GU has a returning preseason all america candidate and an experienced PG while Syracuse may be relying on a 3* recruit that everyone on this board speaks highly of but the recruiting experts don't.

Syracuse has a better recruiting class based upon sheer volume though each team only brought in one top 50-100 recruit (Thompson v Riley) but Syracuse also has the impact transfer of Johnson, though he can't play PG either.

I know Baldi's position is they underachieved last year they will underachieve this year but even STJ players are growing year to year, certainly players will do the same under JTIII.

That said I agree marginally with Tha Kid that GTown looks better going into the season but it's pretty close, as I feel it is from 4-11 in the BE as a whole.

Before you ask as an optimist I do have STJ in the top 11.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:29:43 PM by yankcranker »

Tha Kid

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2009, 03:40:14 PM »

Monroe is one of the top players in the country.  I expect him to be THAT much better as a sophomore and develop more into a leader.  Wright is LEGIT and will prove it this year.  You have a stud PG and a top 10 player in the country and throw in some other guys who will improve, a top 50 recruit, and JTIII who has a proven track record, and I say you have the makings of a solid, solid team.

Syracuse has no proven PG and lost their top 3 players - including Flynn.  We're going to get revenge on Cuse this year.  However, I fear GTown will get revenge on us.

Can you tell me why gtown sucks besides "wright cant get it up?"  Bedroom stuff between you and Mr. Wright keep in private...tell me based on stats and actual analysis why he sucks.

Poison, Excuse me.  I confused players with trainer.  You suggested a non-criminal individual related to athletics should be EXECUTED for poor performance.  Unless you come from the Taliban regime or are one of those crazy soccer fans who kills guy for poor play, it was never funny, and anyone who finds it funny is demented.  I wish I was drunk, you on the other hand, to predict 12-6 and Sweet 16 from Cuse, must be.

I'll be happy to rub this one in when Cuse is a mediocre team and GTown is top 5 in the BE.

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »

Monroe is one of the top players in the country.  I expect him to be THAT much better as a sophomore and develop more into a leader.  Wright is LEGIT and will prove it this year.  You have a stud PG and a top 10 player in the country and throw in some other guys who will improve, a top 50 recruit, and JTIII who has a proven track record, and I say you have the makings of a solid, solid team.

Syracuse has no proven PG and lost their top 3 players - including Flynn.  We're going to get revenge on Cuse this year.  However, I fear GTown will get revenge on us.

Can you tell me why gtown sucks besides "wright cant get it up?"  Bedroom stuff between you and Mr. Wright keep in private...tell me based on stats and actual analysis why he sucks.

Poison, Excuse me.  I confused players with trainer.  You suggested a non-criminal individual related to athletics should be EXECUTED for poor performance.  Unless you come from the Taliban regime or are one of those crazy soccer fans who kills guy for poor play, it was never funny, and anyone who finds it funny is demented.  I wish I was drunk, you on the other hand, to predict 12-6 and Sweet 16 from Cuse, must be.

I'll be happy to rub this one in when Cuse is a mediocre team and GTown is top 5 in the BE.

As A PG youre supposed to get the ball to a player in position to succeed,yet his all american center averaged 8 shots a game? He might be better suited in a different program, but as you say-"they quit on JT3 last year"

Poison

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »

Even during the dark times, SJU has been able to beat GTown.
Syracuse, however, we've beaten once since Norm took over. A fluke? Obviously.

We're going to get revenge on them? We could handle Greg Monroe,
but Arinze Onuaku eats us for lunch—and he'll be a senior.

John Thompson the 3rd gets the benefit of the doubt after what, 4 years?

But HOF coach Boeheim doesn't? Why should you believe that Syracuse will be a strong team? Because Boeheim said so. That's enough for me.

How has he handled a little adversity over the years? Lost Stephon Marbury to Georgia Tech, and went to the finals with a backcourt of Lazerus Sims and Jason Cipolla. That could very well be the worst starting backcourt in Final Four history.

Tha Kid

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »
Pretty sure florida's back court was just as bad, if you count brewer as the 3. 

Poison

« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2009, 10:41:18 AM »

I'll bet you a $100 it wasn't as good.

Tha Kid

« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2009, 11:11:03 AM »

Who bets people money?  Grow up, Poison.   ;)

Get me the stats, I'd be interested.  I can't even remember the other guy in the FL back court besides Taurean Green --- some shooter I think.

Poison

« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »

Get me the stats, I'd be interested.  I can't even remember the other guy in the FL back court besides Taurean Green --- some shooter I think.

Didn't that entire Florida team play in the NBA?
They say you need two NBA players to make a run at the final four.

John Wallace was a borderline NBA talent. That was it on Syracuse.
No one else even sniffed the league.

boo3

« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »

Lee Humphrey

« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »
Well Gtown had a lot more problems that were let on. There was a lot of animosity with that team. I'm not sure if it was or wasn't Christ Wright who did the punching or got punched but someone on the team got into a fight last year that I don't remember being public knowledge. I'll have to reconfirm who the two were.

They should bounce back this season and Monroe will be a lot more beastly I'm sure.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2009, 02:26:15 PM »
Well Gtown had a lot more problems that were let on. There was a lot of animosity with that team. I'm not sure if it was or wasn't Christ Wright who did the punching or got punched but someone on the team got into a fight last year that I don't remember being public knowledge. I'll have to reconfirm who the two were.

They should bounce back this season and Monroe will be a lot more beastly I'm sure.

Sounds like the Lopez/Hamilton freshman year.

James Scott should have started that year at the 2 guard along with Mo Brown,
and the freshman should have been told to earn their starting spots. The older players were jealous, and they let it be known.

But instead, everything was handed to them, and it was a disaster, because Z was greedy, and uncoachable, and Lopez only knew to create for himself.

Tha Kid

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »

What is your point? Your argument is that the Cuse backcourt was the worst in finals history.  The fact that Florida had 3 NBA guys does NOT mean that their backcourt wasn't worse.  They won 2 titles.  We all know those 3 were awesome.  The argument is worst back court of a team appearing in the finals.  Please present some facts that support that rather than total conjecture which has no relevance.

Poison

« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »

What is your point? Your argument is that the Cuse backcourt was the worst in finals history.  The fact that Florida had 3 NBA guys does NOT mean that their backcourt wasn't worse.  They won 2 titles.  We all know those 3 were awesome.  The argument is worst back court of a team appearing in the finals.  Please present some facts that support that rather than total conjecture which has no relevance.

What is my point? I don't know how I can spell it out for you with any more clarity.

I'll try one last time.

The point is Boeheim always fields a good team. Always. They may not always go far in the dance, but they are never a bottom feeder. Ever. When he made it to the finals in 96, he did it with great coaching and savvy recruiting, which he never gets enough credit for.

If you don't remember how limited in talent Lazerus Sims and Jason Cipolla were, I can't help ya. Maybe you were too young to remember them? They were both slow on defense, Sims couldn't shoot straight for 3 years, and wound up starting when Michael Lloyd left the school, and Stephon Marbury chose the ACC over Syracuse.

And for Cipolla, all he could do was make an open jumper now and then. He made some big ones that year, but he couldn't put it on the floor, and he couldn't move his feet on defense. Guys like Taurean Green are on another level. He's on an NBA roster.

What round were Sims and Cipolla taken in?

Be afraid of Jim Boeheim when he takes the time to brag, because he never does that.
He has nothing left to prove. No accomplishment to reach.

If he says his new guys can play, believe him. It's because they can.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:12:20 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »
Niagara at 65, Syracuse at 67. Uh huh.

Tha Kid

« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2009, 10:28:48 PM »

Is now when you share you are jim boeheim's nephew?

Poison

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2009, 10:44:29 PM »

Is now when you share you are jim boeheim's nephew?

He's not even a likable guy, but he always finds a way.