Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 504 replies

MCNPA

Re: Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »
according to Mau (on facebook) he will be moving in to sju in 5 days.

Same day as Amir posted.

Moose

« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

And Phil Greene.  Dom told Phil he was 'next week'.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #362 on: July 01, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

It seems like most--if not all--of our guys will be on campus within the next 10 days.  Let's get the ball rollin'!

MCNPA

« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

It seems like most--if not all--of our guys will be on campus within the next 10 days.  Let's get the ball rollin'!

Jakarr also headed in on July 6th per his tweets... 

SJUFAN

« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2011, 04:47:32 AM »
All is well in the world of STJ basketball!

Marillac

« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

This summer is huge.  I know they are limited in their access to the coaching staff, but these kids need to hit the weights with he conditioning staff and play and drill together.   I'm sure Kyle Anderson will find his way to campus for a few runs the next few months.

« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2011, 02:45:25 PM »
This summer is huge.  I know they are limited in their access to the coaching staff, but these kids need to hit the weights with he conditioning staff and play and drill together.   I'm sure Kyle Anderson will find his way to campus for a few runs the next few months.

You can almost sense the players also feel this summer is huge.  I wouldn't doubt Anderson stumbles his way to campus a time or two.

« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

What type of access or contact can players have over the summer in taffner with the coaches ?

Marillac

« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

What type of access or contact can players have over the summer in taffner with the coaches ?

The time with the conditioning people is pretty much open, there are restrictions on actual practice.  I don't know what is allowed but there is a certain amount of instruction coaches can't go past...however, every school in the country circumvents these restrictions in some way:  players serving as counselors for youth camps, players running drills and games under with coaches keeping a watchful eye, film sessions, etc. 

Pretty much every player we have coming in besides GG, Harrison, and Pointer could benefit from 10 pounds over the next four months.

MCNPA

« Reply #369 on: July 06, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »
Harkless moving in tomorrow as well.  All good signs...

Marillac

« Reply #370 on: July 07, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
I think Harkless ends up being a captain next year.  He seems to be close with all of the recruits, he's smart, and he seems a little more mature and calm than some of our guys :)  Almost like a big brother.

NYCoffey

« Reply #371 on: July 07, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
Also being the only New York guy on the team, he will play a big part at getting them all comfortable here. With guys coming from all over the country its good to have him here to make them feel at home. He really does seem like a real good kid, as do all of the recruits.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #372 on: July 07, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

The time with the conditioning people is pretty much open, there are restrictions on actual practice.  I don't know what is allowed but there is a certain amount of instruction coaches can't go past...however, every school in the country circumvents these restrictions in some way:  players serving as counselors for youth camps, players running drills and games under with coaches keeping a watchful eye, film sessions, etc. 

Pretty much every player we have coming in besides GG, Harrison, and Pointer could benefit from 10 pounds over the next four months.
I think it's 2 hours per week of instruction - individual, I think it is? No team instruction. That's what I remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

« Reply #373 on: July 07, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »

Same day as Amir posted.

I think it's 2 hours per week of instruction - individual, I think it is? No team instruction. That's what I remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that you are correct.  Since 3 of the 4 coaches will be on the road recruiting for most of this month you probably will have at least 1 coach on campus (Dunlap) along with Hicks.

« Reply #374 on: July 07, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
I think Harkless ends up being a captain next year.  He seems to be close with all of the recruits, he's smart, and he seems a little more mature and calm than some of our guys :)  Almost like a big brother.
Mo' better - except the other teams will have the mo' better blues real soon  ;D

« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
Nate Blue just tweeted this:

"@moe_harkless just sent me more texts in 3mins then this whole month and its ugly... Real ugly for me right now. Off twitter for a while."

My first thought was "#$%^, the NCAA ruled him ineligible to play for us." But then after a couple seconds I thought "#$%^, Nate Blue is really close to Moe, so hopefully Moe didn't have a family tragedy or something like that." Any insiders have any idea?

« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

"@moe_harkless just sent me more texts in 3mins then this whole month and its ugly... Real ugly for me right now. Off twitter for a while."

My first thought was "#$%^, the NCAA ruled him ineligible to play for us." But then after a couple seconds I thought "#$%^, Nate Blue is really close to Moe, so hopefully Moe didn't have a family tragedy or something like that." Any insiders have any idea?
yet Moe didn't tweet anything of note - hmmm...

Moose

« Reply #377 on: July 19, 2011, 11:50:11 PM »

I feel sick reading that
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2011, 12:14:10 AM »

I feel sick reading that

I wouldn't read too much into these tweets just yet.  We did the same with Pelle prior.  I can't see how NCAA would rule Mo ineligible because hicks was helping the Gauchos while Harkless played a game or two.  I think we have to let this one play out a bit.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:47:59 AM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #379 on: July 20, 2011, 01:37:47 AM »

I feel sick reading that

I wouldn't read too much into these tweets just yet.  We did the same with Pelle prior.  I can't see how NCAA would rule Mo ineligible because hicks was helping the Gauchos while Harkless played a game or two.  I think we have to let this one play out a bit.

Harkless is the type of recruit that you switch the coaching scenario for IMO. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:12:57 AM by Marillac »