Rob Thomas on Outside the Lines

• 41 replies
Re: Rob Thomas on Outside the Lines
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »
  Very cool.  OTL is a very good show IMO.  I assume this is about his road back from the horrific knee injury.  Rob is very easy to root for and I hope he has a great year.

He's been overlooked quite a bit when we talk about next year.  He tends to fly under the radar.

I'm betting it has nothing to do with the knee injury, they're a dime a dozen, and everything to do with overcoming the educational system that would let a dyslexic that couldn't read get into HS before anyone did anything about it and the efforst Rob has put in to  catch up and work towards getting his degree.  That's a good story.

Good call.   You are probably correct.  Though the imaginary horn idea is something i always wondered about.  Seriously,  anyone know what the hell that is?

i asked him about this last year and he said it's for one of his boys that died....im not sure exactly what it symbolizes but thats why he does it

Re: Rob Thomas on Outside the Lines
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »
Rob Thomas responds to this letter written to him from 3rd graders who read his story in ESPN Mag.

Dear Rob,

We read your story with our teacher. We could relate to a lot of what you went through.

Some of us have had injuries, some of us have also been through situations where we didn't feel very smart. All of us have been scared. The best part of your story was that you never gave up! We were happy for you that you got into St. John's.

We hope you and your team have a great season! Your story has taught us to keep going in life no matter what. Keep it up, we're proud of you!

From,
Marisol, Diana, Mona, David, Leca, Kevin, Richie, Lemar, Ashley, Tyler, Bissy, Ariella, De'azha, Iana, Binnen, Hunter, Melany, Gloria, Taevon, Andrew, Allantan, Alexa, Gillian, Clayvona, Zachary, Brian and Tylor.

Mr. Megna's Third Grade Class
Moriches Elementary
Wm. Floyd School District

Videos Posted by St. John's Red Storm: Sep 30, 2009 3:45pm | Facebook

Courtesy of Redstormsports
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle