Is this true regarding Louie

• 4 replies
Is this true regarding Louie
« on: September 05, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
I think I read this on Redmen.com and it said that Lou Carmeseca did not want to go into the BIG EAST but was overulled by the administration. If this is true, I think this proves that he is not the wisest man for the program. He cost us John Calipari (I know he brought in illegal recruits but Jarvis admin paid a crappy player who squealed because he was not man enough to accept THAT IS WAS HIS FAULT THAT HE EMBARRASED THE UNIVERSITY) and Louie pushed for Jarvis and Roberts both of which have not pushed SJU into the modern era of the BIG EAST. If I was Monasch, I would strip him of his advisor role immedietly because he is not that bright and ONLY USE HIM AT FUNDRAISER EVENTS. He only led us to one Final Four in a long history and no National Championships. Rollie Massimino, a worst coach than Norm, WAS ABLE TO DO WHAT WE COULD NOT DO AND BEAT GEORGETOWN. won a National Championship and then took what Tarkanian did at UNLV and ran it into the ground and made them a forgettable team again. Face it, in the National Picture, Louie was a two year wonder (83 and 85) and the reason we got a push was our media market. Sorry to trash the guru of SJU basketball but face it, no one knows who he is besides SJU fans and Old Folks who still can remember 80s NCAA basketball

kob24

Re: Is this true regarding Louie
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »
cant believe everything u read

boo3

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »
  526-200  record,  post season EVERY season he coached, and he's in the Hall of Fame. At this point should is role as advisor be reduced or even eliminated,  perhaps?   But to downplay his accomplishments is nice personic.  Numbers don't lie.

Not sure about the rumor you heard,  not sure of the relevance of bringing it up either.   Calling Rollie a worse coach than Norm is another ridiculous statement.  How can you possibly defend that statement  with any evidence. Norm is the worst coach in BE history.  Rollie won a National Championship.

I don't think Louie was the greatest coach ever by any stretch.  But some of your statements are comical at best, and mind-numbingly stupid at worst.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
 :-X Lou was initally against going into Big East.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 03:10:55 PM »
louie was against going into the big east...and right now he has no advisory role.