Norms post game quotes

• 7 replies
Norms post game quotes
« on: January 13, 2008, 10:36:48 AM »
"It's New York City, New York people aren't patient people don't want to be patient," said Roberts. "And that's fine.

"They're trying, they're trying hard to do the right things. Sometimes they press a little, freshmen. But even our older guys pressed today and they made some mistakes."

no comment guys.....

Re: Norms post game quotes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
It isn't so much the freshman!

The freshman yesterday didn't do (much) wrong (Coker's two fouls in 15 seconds not withstanding).  It was TJ, Mase, and especially Geno. 

I've been very patient, expecting progress here and there.  However, we've seem to have regressed and that's not acceptable at this point in time.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »
i think the pressure has finally gotten to him. im not calling for any1 being fired or anything like that but damnit coach. u just said u was going to play malik more and he only played 12 minutes. u said the same with larry and i believe the game after the quote he played 14. this is fing ridiculous. how how how how how how how can u be so stupid. ur puttting ur foot in ur mouth. and why. because u are loyal to eugene. im not saying dont play him im saying cut his fing minutes. damn. hes just not doing it. come on now. how the hell u gonna get recruits like this. he could have won against all these teams other than conneticut and miami. this is crazy im calling him tonight and express my disbelief. guys i want to send more kids here. i really fing do. i have new york tattoed on my body. im so fing new york but this isnt looking good for my kids to come into. just is different hes gonna do him no matter what. hes a grown man. even though like ive said b4 yall havent seen his true potential beacuse he dosent have the right point in. hes still good enough to average 12 and 10. with no plays for him. ive only seen 1. this ba. we giving tomas the ball in the post and hes fumbling it. dele is a freshman he has an excuse. tomas is a junior. a junior. come on a junior what the hell does he bring what? nothing absolutley nothing. u cant blame youth or saying the other team is better. ur team this year is good. very good. u just fing it up. and im getting TIRED.
malik- keep the ball in his hand and when he gets tired u put in eugene its not that hard.
paris- lewt him play on the ball defense. he can average like 2 steals a game. u have the talent pressure the damn ball u sub all 13 guys anyway. if some one gets tired put some else on top.
dj- say what yall want about him. he can be a beast. he rebounds way more than any of our bigs and he handles better than mase.him and geno probaly turns the ball over the same amount. and he can score. stop it.
dele- hes better than tomas enough said
cav-  u have a legit beef with him but if u playing sean evans u can play him.he can also rebound
sean evans- im tired. he should be on the bench
just blaze- he has a ways to go but as i said hes a beast
i dont want to ear it anymore. we are in college basketball we want results. its different if u played all freshmen but u not. u playing ur upperclassmen and its looking bad. keep mase in bench the rest

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »
the upperclassmen are the guys holding us down. not our freshman...

kob, were you at super six?

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
Good Post KOB.

Norm is feeling the heat. WE HAVE BEEN PATIENT FOR 4 YEARS!!!!! It is not time for BS patience

WHAT IS sickening to me is that I respect Geno for him coming to SJU, he is going to break records of actual guards here that we great and WON. He is a selfish player and he even said it with his post game quotes!!!!!!!!!!!  Time to hand the ball over...
GENO is like NORM's baby blanket. He knows what it is but he will not give it up!!!!!

MOVE THIS PROGRAM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, BOOTHE needs more minutes!

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
i think the pressure has finally gotten to him. im not calling for any1 being fired or anything like that but damnit coach. u just said u was going to play malik more and he only played 12 minutes. u said the same with larry and i believe the game after the quote he played 14. this is fing ridiculous. how how how how how how how can u be so stupid. ur puttting ur foot in ur mouth. and why. because u are loyal to eugene. im not saying dont play him im saying cut his fing minutes. damn. hes just not doing it. come on now. how the hell u gonna get recruits like this. he could have won against all these teams other than conneticut and miami. this is crazy im calling him tonight and express my disbelief. guys i want to send more kids here. i really fing do. i have new york tattoed on my body. im so fing new york but this isnt looking good for my kids to come into.

This is exactly why Norm struck out this year with the recruits I think and this is the reason why this needs to be his last year

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 09:54:12 PM »
It's amazing that Norm can sleep through a game like that with all the lights on in an arena

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »
It's amazing that Norm can sleep through a game like that with all the lights on in an arena

I agree. As much as i hate to say it, Norm is lost....this team will not dream of anywhere close to .500. Look at the remaining schedule and anybody honestly tell me how the hell were gonna scrap 7 wins the way norm is coaching?  the lights are on in the arena, but dude....the coaching bulb is not lit!