It's Always a Jungle in Philadelphia Bus Trip- Get your tickets now!

• 64 replies
Join JohnnyJungle.com on a chartered bus trip to Philadelphia for St. John’s match up with Siena. The two New York schools will be matching up on neutral ground at the Palestra Center for the Philly Hoop Group Classic Tournament on November 27th 2009 at 6:15PM.

This will be the first annual bus trip JohnnyJungle.com will sponsor to take 56 fans on the road to cheer on the St. John’s Men’s Basketball team and take over another arena. The trip will include round trip transportation from St. John’s, 1 ticket to the game, 1 Johnny Jungle T-Shirt , and a pre-game party sponsored by Magic Hat Brewing Company. The cost of this will be $40 per person. Please buy tickets as soon as possible to ensure a seat on the bus. LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE! BUY ASAP! Click Here for more info
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

Re: It's Always a Jungle in Philadelphia Bus Trip- Get your tickets now!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:46:15 PM »
Going to have to recruit some friends. Is Beer included? On bus? At pre game party? Very interested.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »
Going to have to recruit some friends. Is Beer included? On bus? At pre game party? Very interested.

I have to check with the bus company but if they allow it I will have beer/liquor provided. Details for pre-game party are unknown at this point. I have to talk to the rep at Magic Hat.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:08:14 AM »
Dave,

Great job in organizing this trip.
Unfortunately I will be in Morgantown with family for the holidays.
Even worse is that Huggy and the Mountaineers will be on the west coast playing Long Beach State at Disneyland in some tourney.

I lose on all fronts!

Side note: I did see Long Beach State play in the NCAA’s in Columbus Ohio a few years ago and their parents group were the best! What a great group of hooops fans! Their pep band was voted Best Dressed for the whole tourney! Great Hawaiian shirts!

Hope you guys have a blast down at the Palestra. It's my favorite place to watch a game, followed by Rose Hill.

So much history in those old gyms...

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:55:17 AM »
Bump.... If you are planning on coming please purchase tickets as soon as possible. I want to get a head count.

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
Dave,

This is a FANTASTIC idea and the price is a steal.  Great job --- I know you ran the site well, but tthings like this are what can get a real following for st. john's.  Sadly, as a married man I am going to be at the in-laws over thanksgiving and will not be able to make a game the day after,  but if it wasnt thanksgiving weekend I woulda been there.  I hope this sells out - it should.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 01:31:33 PM »
Dave,

This is a FANTASTIC idea and the price is a steal.  Great job --- I know you ran the site well, but tthings like this are what can get a real following for st. john's.  Sadly, as a married man I am going to be at the in-laws over thanksgiving and will not be able to make a game the day after,  but if it wasnt thanksgiving weekend I woulda been there.  I hope this sells out - it should.

The thanksgiving thing is worrying me a bit but this is such a great game to do this for. Also Siena has already taken notice to my posting and have alerted their fans via Twitter.

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »
Dave,

The thanksgiving thing is worrying me a bit but this is such a great game to do this for. Also Siena has already taken notice to my posting and have alerted their fans via Twitter.

Siena girls know how to party. If it gets down to the bitter end and you need to fill space, I'd suggest letting some alumnae on board.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »
Dave,

Siena girls know how to party. If it gets down to the bitter end and you need to fill space, I'd suggest letting some alumnae on board.

anyone can come on board..... This isn't just for students.

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »

I know I already said it but this is just a fantastic idea.  I wish this went down while I ws in the law school, woulda rallied the troops.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 11:41:24 PM »
Dave,

Posted this on MAAC board

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »
Dave,

Baldi we're looking for St. John's fans that don't have to be students.  :-\

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 12:33:46 AM »
Dave,

Baldi we're looking for St. John's fans that don't have to be students.  :-\

no worries, the hayseed nation travels good. They wont be coming to Queens to take a bus to Philly.

This is the only response I got thus far, besides the sarcastic guy asking if SJU has 54 fans

"I'll ask the SJU guys at work."

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 12:53:46 AM »
I'm a little nervous that we don't have 54 fans

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 12:06:04 PM »
Picture of the Mercedes charter bus we'll have. Red/Black interior with leather head rests. Flat screen tvs

boo3

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
  Great job setting the trip up Dave. Can't do it myself, family, holiday  etc.... If you can't get 54 people for this,  apathy with this program has been taken to whole new level.   Good luck.  I think it will fill up.   Are there metal detectors before you get on the bus? ;D

mkras99

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
Work and all permitting, I may be in for 3-4 tickets.

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 01:41:17 AM »
I'm in!  I will register for it tomorrow. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
We need more butts in the seats! Lets go what are you all waiting for? I got Magic Hat to donate cases of beer for the bus ride down. It's going to be a jungle party!

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
Long time reader...first time writer.

This trip looks amazing.  Great price, comfortable transportation and I LOVE Magic Hat beer.

I'm going on Friday and Saturday and I hope to see a fair amount of red in the Palestra.

I'll come by the jungle to say hi.

Regards,
CA