Maven reporting we beat UVA

• 48 replies

Poison

Re: Maven reporting we beat UVA
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
The real irony is in how smart Syl isn't for choosing Virginia.

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »
                     ...from a basketball perspective.

Tha Kid

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »

When did Syl ever claim he was going to UVA to win a title?  I thought academics played a large role.  ST John's can't compare to UVA academically, and CBI vs. No CBI isn't that big a deal to his NBA draft stock, IMO.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »

When did Syl ever claim he was going to UVA to win a title?  I thought academics played a large role.  ST John's can't compare to UVA academically, and CBI vs. No CBI isn't that big a deal to his NBA draft stock, IMO.

Im not sure who made a worse choice, Landesberg or Rosario?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »
Rosario. Landesberg made a solid choice. Mike Rosario needs to start hitting shots if he's going to play pro; and he's already too short.  And while he's better than many, many players who St. John's has considered and even are on the current roster, I don't know that he's that spectacular.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »

is there a subtle difference?

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »

Stop using big words

Poison

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »

Stop using big words

Virginia sucks. Rutgers sucks, too.

Who's the taller dwarf? On paper, it's Rutgers.

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 11:07:19 PM »
UVA is by far the worst team in the a.c.c. Syl is in a bad place..the coach is by far the worst in the a.c.c.he may be the only coach who is worse than Norm in a major conference.He likes to play a slow down game.I wouldnt put to much into a scrimmage..
Yeah, Tony Bennett and Norm Roberts...very similar.
-One was 2007 National Coach of the Year at one of the most remotely located state schools in the country, while the other is a perennial loser in Queens.

-One has never missed a postseason, while the other has never made a postseason.

-One is busy landing a top ten class in his first year at a school with academic restrictions, while the other can't land top ten classes, despite his administration allowing him to recruit guys with middle school reading capabilities.

Top 10?? what are you smoking..1. too early to say that 2. maybe because of the number of recruits signed 3. what does that make unc class? you still have barnes and leslie to commit to a.c..c schools, and those schools will move uva further down the list..4. they will not have top 7 recruiting class in a.c.c. when said and done..and its alot easier to win with daddys kids, then your own..
   you must be a big fan of the slow down game..real slow..