Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2008, 12:40:07 AM »
That's pretty responsible of him. He's just the type of fine young man I'd want on my team.

Pretty harsh. Is he under contract getting paid to play in these games? Last time I checked he is a kid.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2008, 01:09:12 AM »
That's pretty responsible of him. He's just the type of fine young man I'd want on my team.

Pretty harsh. Is he under contract getting paid to play in these games? Last time I checked he is a kid.

It is probably harsh because I don't even know if he said he'd play, but if he gave his word he should have showed. If he even offers an excuse, you can bet it'll be a lame one.

« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2008, 03:34:26 AM »

It is probably harsh because I don't even know if he said he'd play, but if he gave his word he should have showed. If he even offers an excuse, you can bet it'll be a lame one.

Maybe he had a test in school he was studying for the next day  ;D

« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »
Most of his remaining defenders live in the NY area.
There is a reason why a kid with that much talent doesn't get recruited by all of the big schools. Maybe the sexual accusation will shoo away even the Caliparis and Selfs of the world. If he ever blows out his knee, he'll be as forgetable as former St. John's recruit and one time top 5 talent Lenny Cooke.  For a bottom of the Big East program like ours, he's worth the trouble for nine months.

LJSA

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »
There is a reason why a kid with that much talent doesn't get recruited by all of the big schools. Maybe the sexual accusation will shoo away even the Caliparis and Selfs of the world. If he ever blows out his knee, he'll be as forgetable as former St. John's recruit and one time top 5 talent Lenny Cooke. For a bottom of the Big East program like ours, he's worth the trouble for nine months.

You couldn't have summed this up any better.

But given the choice, I'd prefer that Miller split for Arizona, leaving Parrom to decommit and come here.

« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »

There is a reason why a kid with that much talent doesn't get recruited by all of the big schools. Maybe the sexual accusation will shoo away even the Caliparis and Selfs of the world. If he ever blows out his knee, he'll be as forgetable as former St. John's recruit and one time top 5 talent Lenny Cooke.  For a bottom of the Big East program like ours, he's worth the trouble for nine months.

Are you nuts? Shoo away the Caliparis of the world? Caliparis top recruit drove the getaway car in a drive by murder. Some kid playing grabass would be an altar boy on that Memphis team
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:40:03 PM by Marco Baldi »

pmg911

« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

Are you nuts? Shoo away the Caliparis of the world? Caliparis top recruit drove the getaway car in a drive by murder. Some kid playing grabass would be an altar boy on that Memphis team

that is just not true and flat out lie...   

do you really think he would be at Memphis if it were true...

keep spinning though

mkras99

« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »
Would be shocked if Lance didn't end up in Europe next year.

« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »

haha...good point Marco.  Whatever happened with that?  Memphis booster pay off the DA? ;)

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:31 PM »
Would be shocked if Lance didn't end up in Europe next year.
Renardo Sidney is another likely one.

« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2008, 09:32:31 PM »

keep spinning though

How do you know this not true and a flat out lie? Were you in the car? Do you have any info to back this up?

« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2008, 11:34:43 PM »

keep spinning though

How do you know this not true and a flat out lie? Were you in the car? Do you have any info to back this up?

LOL

pmg911

« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2008, 09:04:08 AM »

keep spinning though

Well the police have arrested his cousin and Evans was never charged...   if you were going to an inflamatory statement like that give all of the information not just put the part you wanted in there to get a reaction or "stir the pot"

If the police remotely thought the kid had any clue as to what was going or was involved he he would have been charged as accessory to murder with out missing a beat...  the kid fully cooperated with authoities after the crime...

« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2008, 12:26:09 PM »

keep spinning though

Well the police have arrested his cousin and Evans was never charged...   if you were going to an inflamatory statement like that give all of the information not just put the part you wanted in there to get a reaction or "stir the pot"

If the police remotely thought the kid had any clue as to what was going or was involved he he would have been charged as accessory to murder with out missing a beat...  the kid fully cooperated with authoities after the crime...

Evans was driving the gold Ford Expedition(probably paid for by William Wesley). Bulletsd come flying out of his car and anotherthug is dead from those bullets. He drives away and admits to the story only after getting caught. Sounds like a great kid to make excusesfor PMG

pmg911

« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2008, 01:34:40 PM »

Evans was driving the gold Ford Expedition(probably paid for by William Wesley). Bulletsd come flying out of his car and anotherthug is dead from those bullets. He drives away and admits to the story only after getting caught. Sounds like a great kid to make excusesfor PMG

you really can twist anything you want. .

you said he was the get away driver...   that would mean he knew what was going on and involved in it. .  do you really think the police would let a muder accomplice off the hook if they were not confident he was uninvolved...

you hate Memphis..  you hate Calipari and take shots at him and their program at every chance you get get....   right, wrong or just to "stir it up"

« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »

you really can twist anything you want. .

you said he was the get away driver...   that would mean he knew what was going on and involved in it. .  do you really think the police would let a muder accomplice off the hook if they were not confident he was uninvolved...

you hate Memphis..  you hate Calipari and take shots at him and their program at every chance you get get....   right, wrong or just to "stir it up"

I suppose you think OJ was innocent as well? Caliparis teams are always laoded with thugs, when they leave he reloads just like his players do with their artillery.
Inciting riots? Beating women? Throwing punches at opposing fans? Driving get away cars? Thats what his players do, and they do it well.
You hate Norm and take shots at this program every chance you get, which is fine but maybe you could back some of the kids who play for St Johns once in a while
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:55:07 PM by Marco Baldi »

pmg911

« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »

You hate Norm and take shots at this program every chance you get, which is fine but maybe you could back some of the kids who play for St Johns once in a while

I have more then earned the right to take shots at the St. John's program and the horrendous job of the current staff...   I have a lot of time and money invested in supporting the program...

I am 14 years season ticket holder... have give my money to the school to support the basketball program...      I attend every game I am able to get to...

You on the other hand claim to be a fan of the program and are a huge fan of Norm Roberts......    have you been to 5 games in the last 2 years..? Did you even attend a single game last season..?

« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »
pmg, are you a premium or storm saver season ticket holder.....what is the difference in seating?

« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »

I have more then earned the right to take shots at the St. John's program and the horrendous job of the current staff...   I have a lot of time and money invested in supporting the program...

I am 14 years season ticket holder... have give my money to the school to support the basketball program...      I attend every game I am able to get to...

You on the other hand claim to be a fan of the program and are a huge fan of Norm Roberts......    have you been to 5 games in the last 2 years..? Did you even attend a single game last season..?

So who is the dope here, me or you? You giving money to the school and program that you bash constantly but yet still contribute. If you are so unhappy with the product,Norm and the program, dont donate, dont go to games. I stopped going consistently to games during the Jarvis regime. Ive been recovering ever since. But hey,keep donating and paying Norms salary.Youre right though, you do pay alot so you can complain all you want

pmg911

« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
pmg, are you a premium or storm saver season ticket holder.....what is the difference in seating?

To be perfectly honest..  I have never hear either term before...      I get my invoice and send in the check...

If I had to guess...  I would say premium because I am not getting any type of "savings"