Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »
I don't think Brandon Jennings is helping the cause for Lance to go over to Europe. In the end will Brandon Jennings be a better player? Maybe? I think bigger college numbes = better than playing 20mpg with mediocre stats in Europe. We just have to hope Jennings continues to get kicked out of practices(I'm not sure if someone mentioned that yet over here or I read that in my personal readings but he did its not uncommon though) and doesn't get more and more minutes.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #341 on: December 05, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
Well, he'd probably end up better.   ;)
I knew that was coming as soon as I hit post.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
I think it's a detailed description of the schools a kid COULD go to.  Example:  If Lance goes to St. John's he's still a high high high major player b/c his talent level would have allowed him to go anywhere.  Same with thabeet.  On the other hand is Geno lawrence who would have been described a LOW high major player b/c the only "BCS" conference recruiting him was St. John's.

Thats fine but the description was always used as a way to give a generic description as to what conference a kid can play in...as in...is he a Big East player or a MAAC player.

Honestly I was about to make fun of everyone for debating about this and somehow I got myself involved. :-X

« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
I don't think Brandon Jennings is helping the cause for Lance to go over to Europe. In the end will Brandon Jennings be a better player? Maybe? I think bigger college numbes = better than playing 20mpg with mediocre stats in Europe. We just have to hope Jennings continues to get kicked out of practices(I'm not sure if someone mentioned that yet over here or I read that in my personal readings but he did its not uncommon though) and doesn't get more and more minutes.
In that ESPN article he didn't make it seem very glamorous.

« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
I think Lance would be crazy NOT to come here. If he signed... they day he landed on campus... he would be more popular (and in the spotlight) than Lopez was!

Once he got on the court... proved he could ball at the college level and made the Johnnies a contender again... he would be an instant NBA prospect.

« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »
I think Lance would be crazy NOT to come here. If he signed... they day he landed on campus... he would be more popular (and in the spotlight) than Lopez was!

Once he got on the court... proved he could ball at the college level and made the Johnnies a contender again... he would be an instant NBA prospect.
He already is an NBA prospect. For his nine months, he won't be in the spotlight more the Dominican Jordan was as a freshman. Unless he punches someone in the face or commits armed robbery before a game against an NEC team, he's unlikely to make the cover of SI.

« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »
If he comes and St. John's wins then he will be King of NY and the King of NY is King of All.

Randomhero423

« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
i am pretty sure he wants to go to college. 

but i am not sure if he can qualify...

pmg911

« Reply #348 on: December 06, 2008, 09:56:56 AM »
If he signed... they day he landed on campus... he would be more popular (and in the spotlight) than Lopez was!

Dude.. that would take a lot...     not sure how old you are but do you remember the big deal it was when Felipe entered St. John's..     think about it, he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated before ever played a game... I have never seen a player enter college with the hype he did...

Randomhero423

« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2008, 10:01:39 AM »
lance wouldn't be has popular because the media is all over everybody, rather they are from NYC or Oklahoma, they are real hyped.

« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »
The times are different these kids all have more exposure than Felipe did through the internet.

« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »
lance wouldn't be has popular because the media is all over everybody, rather they are from NYC or Oklahoma, they are real hyped.

Let me guess... you graduated from UConn?  ;D

« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »
If he signed... they day he landed on campus... he would be more popular (and in the spotlight) than Lopez was!

entered St. John's..     think about it, he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated before ever played a game... I have never seen a player enter college with the hype he did...

I do remember... that's why I said what I said. He was the man on campus. Lance would get that attention here because he would be labeled as the guy who will bring the Johnnies back.

« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »

Let me guess... you graduated from UConn?  ;D

He needs to graduate high school first

Tha Kid

« Reply #354 on: December 08, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »
In that ESPN article he didn't make it seem very glamorous.

WAYYYYY less pub in America and on ESPN by going to Europe than even playing on a crappy team in NCAA but dominating. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
I think STJ would be a great place for Lance. His versatility on offense would create so much offense its silly. Malik could penetrate like he does so often and instead of forcing it down low, you can hit Lance cuting to the basket. Lance can also penetrate and hit shooters like Paris and DJ. The Johnnies would have many weapons on offense which is very much needed to compete in the BIG EAST. Does anyone know Lance's status on where he is leaning for next year? When will he make his final decision? Lance if you are reading this, come to St. John's and bring us back to the dance.

Randomhero423

« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »
he's making his final decision in the spring.

i honestly think the question really is, can/will he qualify

« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
I saw Lance play at the Primetime SHootout in Trenton last year and I felt like I was watching a college game. This is last year when he was a junior so...I think he would be great for them.

« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2008, 07:22:06 AM »
http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=1995807

looks like ucla, kentucky is off the list

« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »
Nice Nice.....now let him come visit the school again..and lets seal the deal