Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #360 on: December 09, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »
I look at the scout STJ list once a week.

Thet never showed us on Lance's list till this week.
Molloy '71

« Reply #361 on: December 09, 2008, 11:23:02 PM »
well im taking it as a good sign

kjd01067

« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
I look at the scout STJ list once a week.

Thet never showed us on Lance's list till this week.

Dont put much stock into those.  I am pretty sure rivals still doesnt have us listed for lance.

Randomhero423

« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2008, 11:44:55 PM »
well kansas is now going to go after lance HARD after losing out on cheek.

self versus norm...who wins?

kjd01067

« Reply #364 on: December 10, 2008, 12:04:53 AM »
well kansas is now going to go after lance HARD after losing out on cheek.

self versus norm...who wins?

It is going to be interesting.  Lance isnt really tipping his hand.  There are postives and negatives to either way he could go.  Lets all just hope he realizes the impact and exposure he could experience coming to STJ.

« Reply #365 on: December 10, 2008, 12:16:23 AM »
I think St. John's needs to be respectable this year for Lance to come. Not even so much just Wins and Losses but no blowouts or embarrassing losses. A few upset wins wouldn't hurt either.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »
9:30 on ESPN tonight against Duncanville (TX), the #2 team in the country with about 4 high-major players.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #368 on: December 11, 2008, 11:42:19 AM »
and I just got my 40in high def TV installed today...very nice!

« Reply #369 on: December 11, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24058

Roger (FL): Will Lance Stephenson go to Europe? if not which school has the best shot to get him?

Reggie Rankin: Great question Roger. I think Lance Stephenson will probably listen to the pro teams in Europe because of his aspirations to play professionally as soon as possible. I'm hesitant because of his young age living alone overseas. If he doesn't go, I see him possibly sticking around the NYC area, in particular St. John's. He would be an unbelievable get for them and someone who bring immediate attention to a program in dire need. Another possibility is USC, where he would follow the path of a similar player, O.J. Mayo. Kentucky is also a good choice, because he would be an immediate impact player in a hoop crazy area of the country where he could showcase his offensive talent right from the get go. It will certainly be interesting to see. Don't forget to watch Lance and Lincoln High battle Duncanville Thursday night at 9:30 on ESPN!

« Reply #370 on: December 11, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
Stephenson is goin off

« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
wow we need this kid.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
Asked about the possibility of playing overseas like Brandon Jennings, Stephenson reportedly told the ESPN guys before the game, “Going to college.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/12/11/lance-has-17-at-the-half/#more-8668

« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2008, 12:21:13 AM »
Offtopic, but I read(Daily News I think) that Brandon Jennings is the 4th guard on the team and isnt playing too well

« Reply #374 on: December 12, 2008, 12:22:51 AM »
Offtopic, but I read(Daily News I think) that Brandon Jennings is the 4th guard on the team and isnt playing too well

his agent should have really went to a team who guaranteed playing time even still that would have probably would have given some of his teammates ulcers saying who is this american prima donna

« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2008, 01:52:38 AM »
Jennings' coach got fired.  He was only playing about 16 mpg and the coach was supposedly playing a 12 man rotation...
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2008, 02:27:37 AM »
money talks

« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
Revised article excerpts:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/12/11/lance-has-17-at-the-half/#more-8668

With Kansas head coach Bill Self looking on courtside, Lance Stephenson scored a game-high 32 points but the Lincoln Railsplitters came up on the losing end, 77-57, against Duncanville (Texas) in the Old Spice Classic on ESPN.

After repeatedly powering his way to the basket and also showing his long-range shooting skills by draining a 3-pointer from two feet behind the line, the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Stephenson was named MVP of the game upon making 13 of 21 from the field. He entered averaging 34.3 points per game.

“He’s got the God-given body, and he’s blessed with quickness to go with it,” Duncanville coach Phil McNeely told the Dallas Morning News prior to the game. “That’s a deadly combination.”

Coach Self sat courtside with a Diet Coke. Stephenson is being most heavily recruited by Kansas and St. John’s, and Self is clearly interested.

Asked about the possibility of playing overseas like Brandon Jennings, Stephenson reportedly told the ESPN guys before the game, “Going to college.”

Lincoln, No. 6 in the ESPN Rise Fab 50, overcame a 20-4 deficit to take 36-35 halftime lead on No. 10 Duncanville behind 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting from Stephenson.

“[Lance] is a kid who can put the ball in the basket,” Lincoln coach Dwayne “Tiny” Morton told the Dallas Morning News.

“Lance is very aggressive on the court. I think a lot coaches would love to have a kid who could put ball in the hole the way he does.”

“Every coach in the country will tell you he’s as talented as anybody in the Class of ‘09,” he said. “Part of the question mark you have about Stephenson if you’re a college coach evaluating him is, How does he fit into a team setting? Sometimes a little bit selfish, maybe a little bit lackadaisical in his approach to the game.

Molloy '71

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #378 on: December 13, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »

his agent should have really went to a team who guaranteed playing time even still that would have probably would have given some of his teammates ulcers saying who is this american prima donna
The only teams that are going to make those guarantees in Europe are pretty mediocre, low-level squads, as far as I know... the ones who don't make payroll.  Even if a player doesn't get that much time, contributing on a top team still gets notice by the NBA, as Jennings is (and Ricky Rubio as well):

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2008-12-11-jennings-rubio_N.htm

and

http://slamonline.com/online/columnists/the-links/2008/12/links-jennings-vs-rubio-round-one/

« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2008, 01:41:42 AM »
Rubio was coming off an injury but from what I read he still blew by Jennings a few times. Also Jennings is playing off the ball(can't see how that helps his draft status) so the big head to head matchup was pretty uneventful