Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
harris realized he needed a jump shot to be successful outside of HS.

lance has a jump shot.

did he tell you that?  ;D
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2008, 04:05:55 AM »
from Meyer's Mailbag from Rivals:

Lasting impact?

What impact would Lance Stephenson have on St. John's if he was to commit to Norm Roberts? Would it elevate the program for merely a year or galvanize the city's players for future seasons?

-- LaQuifa from Brooklyn, N.Y.
-----
Stephenson going to St. John's would create a one-year buzz for St. John's, but I really don't see it having any significant long-term effect. The fact is that Stephenson at St. John's would be a whole lot more about Stephenson than about the St. John's program.

Playing for St. John's would give Stephenson the chance to dominate the ball and the action, put up big numbers and be the focal point of the program for a year. He probably only makes St. John's marginally better for one year and is then out the door. I don't know what there would be to show for Stephenson having been at St. John's.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=891777
LaQuifa
 ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/12/25/withey-to-kansas-updated-transfer-list/#more-9423

Hopefully, this helps us with Lance.  He should see that we are more committed to him than any other school (aka we have fewer options).

Randomhero423

« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2008, 03:08:38 PM »
although it really does not matter....

scout now has lance with "high interest" in st john's...

http://hsnewyork.scout.com/a.z?s=403&p=8&c=1&nid=1995807

« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »
For those that care, Lance scored 37 yesterday against Boys and Girls but lost 71-61. What's going on at Lincoln?

pmg911

« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »
For those that care, Lance scored 37 yesterday against Boys and Girls but lost 71-61. What's going on at Lincoln?

The have THE most overrated coach in NYC.

« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2009, 12:27:25 PM »

The have THE most overrated coach in NYC.

Thats too nice a statement. "COACH" Tiny is street agent thug

« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
They beat us and now they are trying to take another Coney Island Legend from us. >:(

I can't lie , this team would be a good fit for him next year :'( , they lose a lot of proven offense for the 09-10 season.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/11/lance-considering-pittsburgh-favors-gilchrist-updates/

Pitt associate head coach Tom Herrion watched Stephenson drop 37 points last week on Brooklyn Boys & Girls in a loss and a source close to the situation says Stephenson has “interest” in the Panthers.

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #408 on: January 15, 2009, 11:23:23 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/15/lance-wants-to-bring-st-johns-back/#more-10350

- Asked if he was considering No. 1 Pitt, Stephenson said, “No, no, no.”

- “They played against Connecticut. It was real tough. I think if I come here I could change that around. We would win that game.”

- As Stephenson stood outside the St. John’s locker room and was greeted by various people, he sure sounded like he was thinking seriously about playing for the Red Storm.

“I think if I come here I could bring New York back, that would be a good look for me and St. John’s,” Stephenson said. “I love playing in the Garden, the bright lights, the fire comes out of me so I’m ready for all challenges.”

sounds good to me, make it happen Lance!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:24:48 PM by NYReign »

« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2009, 12:17:24 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/15/lance-wants-to-bring-st-johns-back/#more-10350

- “They played against Connecticut. It was real tough. I think if I come here I could change that around. We would win that game.”

- As Stephenson stood outside the St. John’s locker room and was greeted by various people, he sure sounded like he was thinking seriously about playing for the Red Storm.

“I think if I come here I could bring New York back, that would be a good look for me and St. John’s,” Stephenson said. “I love playing in the Garden, the bright lights, the fire comes out of me so I’m ready for all challenges.”

Best news I've heard all week.

« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »

Best news I've heard all week.
It was great just to see Omari and him at the game. He was sitting right in front of Walter Berry. This was better news.

Mo Hicks and Durand Scott were also at the game.

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2009, 02:48:02 AM »

These are all real, REAL positive things to hear out of him.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2009, 08:43:56 AM »

Wow...that's awesome.  Let's go Lance!  St. John's needs you...New York needs you.  Let's get this done.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #414 on: January 17, 2009, 04:38:12 AM »
Wow. Kid has an all around offensive game.

« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=902333

Lance Stephenson (Lincoln) 24 points on 9-18 shooting, 0-2 from three, 6-11 from the line, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 turnovers in 28 minutes

It was rough going for in the first half for Stephenson, but in the second half he found his dribble offensive game. He was never, however, able to muster up enough offense to turn the tables for his team.

Stephenson also commented on his recruitment after the game, saying he is considering Kansas, St. John's, Memphis and USC. After the season Stephenson wants to visit all four of these schools and is in the process of identifying a fifth school to visit as well. He named Wake Forest, Georgia Tech and Georgetown as schools that are vying for that fifth spot.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:55:38 PM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2009, 11:41:28 PM »
I was in Springfield for the game.  He did not play well at all.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »

Theo any college coaches in the house?

« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2009, 08:01:04 AM »

i would have to disagree. though his first half was rough. he dominated most of the second half.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #419 on: January 21, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
Coach Quartlebaum, John Calipari and his assistant (and one of the top young assistants in the country) Josh Pastner was in the house.

In other Lincoln news, coach Tiny Morton has found himself in the middle of some controversy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high_school/2009/01/20/2009-01-20_leroy_fludd_propels_grady_after_spurning-1.html