Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »
Coach Quartlebaum, John Calipari and his assistant (and one of the top young assistants in the country) Josh Pastner was in the house.

In other Lincoln news, coach Tiny Morton has found himself in the middle of some controversy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high_school/2009/01/20/2009-01-20_leroy_fludd_propels_grady_after_spurning-1.html

Theo, this story deserves its own thread. Tiny Morton is a skell

kjd01067

« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=902333

Lance Stephenson (Lincoln) 24 points on 9-18 shooting, 0-2 from three, 6-11 from the line, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 turnovers in 28 minutes

It was rough going for in the first half for Stephenson, but in the second half he found his dribble offensive game. He was never, however, able to muster up enough offense to turn the tables for his team.

Stephenson also commented on his recruitment after the game, saying he is considering Kansas, St. John's, Memphis and USC. After the season Stephenson wants to visit all four of these schools and is in the process of identifying a fifth school to visit as well. He named Wake Forest, Georgia Tech and Georgetown as schools that are vying for that fifth spot.

Poison

« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2009, 12:51:56 AM »
Could have sworn I saw him at the game sitting 4 rows in front of Lou, Brian and Mel.

I could be wrong though. If it was him, and I really think it was, he seemed pretty comfortable at Alumni Hall. Saying hi to people as he walked by, smiling ear to ear.

« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »
there were chants for him throughout the game last night, so I assume he was there.

« Reply #424 on: January 24, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
Haven't seen this posted yet but on Sunday morning from 11am-1pm Lance and Lincoln will be playing St. Benedict's on MSG Plus. Should be fun to watch, tons of talent on the floor.

« Reply #425 on: January 25, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/25/lance-says-europe-is-not-an-option/#more-10864

The 6-foot-5 Stephenson, ranked No. 1 in the Class of 2009 by the Hoop Scoop and No. 9 by Rivals, lists St. John’s, Kansas, Memphis and USC as his favorites and has repeatedly told me and other reporters he likes the idea of bringing St. John’s back.

“I think about that a lot,” he told MSG. “I was thinking about that with my family, to bring St. John’s back, so I think that would be a good look.”

« Reply #426 on: January 25, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/25/lance-says-europe-is-not-an-option/#more-10864

The 6-foot-5 Stephenson, ranked No. 1 in the Class of 2009 by the Hoop Scoop and No. 9 by Rivals, lists St. John’s, Kansas, Memphis and USC as his favorites and has repeatedly told me and other reporters he likes the idea of bringing St. John’s back.

“I think about that a lot,” he told MSG. “I was thinking about that with my family, to bring St. John’s back, so I think that would be a good look.”

A very good look...this kid better not be messing with us.  Sign him up already!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2009, 08:01:18 AM »
Haven't seen this posted yet but on Sunday morning from 11am-1pm Lance and Lincoln will be playing St. Benedict's on MSG Plus. Should be fun to watch, tons of talent on the floor.

Lincoln gottheir ass whipped..     they are over rated this year...

« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »
their two small guards kill them. all they do is shoot and turn the ball over
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »

Lincoln gottheir ass whipped..     they are over rated this year...

:) :) :)

When Lance showed up to the UConn game a few weeks ago, one of the Husky fans in the section was joking that all of Lance's losing this season was in preparation for next year.

« Reply #430 on: January 27, 2009, 09:46:52 PM »
We have a real chance at getting Lance, according to Rivals he will go to Saint Johns or play in Europe

« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »
We have a real chance at getting Lance, according to Rivals he will go to Saint Johns or play in Europe

link?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »
Lance Stephenson says Europe is not an option and that he will definitely go to college next year.

“I don’t think it’s a good decision to go to Europe,” Stephenson told the MSG Network in a interview broadcast at halftime of St. Benedict’s 89-53 victory over Lincoln Saturday at the Prudential Center. “I just want to go to college and experience new things.”

« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »
So according to Rivals he will be going to SJU then?

« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »
434 posts on Lance?

Some y'all thinkin he the savin grace.

Think again.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #435 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:39 PM »
434 posts on Lance?

Think again.

This team doesnt need a saving grace. Just a few top 50 recruits, which Omari and Lance are.

« Reply #436 on: January 28, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
434 posts on Lance?

Think again.

I think he'd be a great fit for many reasons. I don't think he is a saving grace and I don't think anyone out there is but he would definitely be a huge help.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #437 on: January 28, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »
The savin grace they need dont wear shorts. He wear a suit.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »
The savin grace they need dont wear shorts. He wear a suit.

Well that isnt happenning, so I'll take Lance.

« Reply #439 on: January 28, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »
With Lance i promise you this team will have a huge turn around