Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #460 on: February 10, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
Go away Gary Williams
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #461 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »
So far it looks like Lance didn't make the Mcd-All American game either, this is crazy I am picketing at the Jordan game if he choose St.Johns matter of fact the Jungle should follow me!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/10/jordan-brand-selections-mickey-ds-leaking-out/

Abdul Gaddy, Avery Bradley, Alex Oriakhi, Maalik Wayns, Dominic Cheek, Tommy Mason-Griffin, Kenny Boynton, Ryan Kelly, David & Travis Wear, Xavier Henry, Keith “Tiny” Gallon, Dante Taylor, Wally Judge, DeMarcus Cousins, Dexter Strickland and John Henson.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #462 on: February 11, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »
Dex Strickland was out for a little bit this season so I can at least justify him not making the game but why not Lance?

LJSA

« Reply #463 on: February 11, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »
His name probably got cut from the McDonald's list right after he was accused of sexual assault.

« Reply #464 on: February 11, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »
Go away Gary Williams

I have a bad feeling Williams is gonna grab Stephenson in March.  The last minute swoop.

« Reply #465 on: February 11, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »
I have a bad feeling Williams is gonna grab Stephenson in March.  The last minute swoop.

I do too but the good thing, hopefully this is the final nail in Norm's coffin.

« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
His name probably got cut from the McDonald's list right after he was accused of sexual assault.

Tyreke Evans was involved in a drive by murder, he played in the game.

« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
So does $ play a roll in Maryland's recruitment of Lance? Lance has ties with Under Armor which just so happen to sponsor Maryland.

« Reply #468 on: February 11, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
Your too smart for your own good saying comments like that. :-X

But at the same times the Vice President of a major department for Under Armour  graduated from St.johns he spoke at Sport management night in Staten island in November. Someone needs to let Lance know that!

I doubt he goes to MD I really think he will be on a Queens campus  in fall 2009.Once Lance said he will decide during the PSAL championship game that told me he has already made his decision.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

« Reply #469 on: February 11, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »
Once Lance said he will decide during the PSAL championship game that told me he has already made his decision.

the way Lincoln has been playing, they are no lock to make it to MSG this year..

« Reply #470 on: February 11, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
I agree but Boys & Girls & Jefferson are not playing great basketball as of late either.

If Lincon makes it to state do they match up with JAMESVILLE-DEWITT, I think they are in a different division right? 

LJSA

« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »

Tyreke Evans was involved in a drive by murder, he played in the game.

He was cleared of any wrongdoing, I'm guessing well in advance of the game. Lance's case is still pending, as far as I know. He also didn't have the A-hole reputation that Lance does.

LJSA

« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2009, 05:18:05 PM »
Once Lance said he will decide during the PSAL championship game that told me he has already made his decision.

Did he actually say that, though? I thought he said he would decide after the game. That doesn't necessarily mean that same day. If he does I think it'll be SJU, but if it's a week later, it could be anyone.

« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »
473 posts on Lance.
Straight up embarrisin', but that all St. John fans got, right? RIGHT? 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
473 posts on Lance.

I don't get why its embarrassing? I'm providing a free open forum for fans to discuss anything and everything. If you wish to post more, please do so. If you don't want to participate in certain threads then you don't need to either.

« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »
473 posts on Lance.

I don't get why its embarrassing? I'm providing a free open forum for fans to discuss anything and everything. If you wish to post more, please do so. If you don't want to participate in certain threads then you don't need to either.

First off you know I got respct fo you and the boards. No doubt.

What straight up embarrissin is not y'all talking bout Lance.

What straight up embarrissin is that the Lance pipedream is all the St. John fan got goin nowadays.

St. John fans' attention, love and thought at this time of the year use to be on they team 'cause they team was relevant and competin.

But St. John administration has given y'all nuthin to cheer bout fo years. YEARS MY BROTHERS!

So now the St. John fan can only focus on the narrow, narrow chance that Lance come and actually aclimate his game to a team concept so the team could win.

It straight up revoltin.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2009, 06:00:59 PM »
473 posts on Lance.

What straight up embarrissin is that the Lance pipedream is all the St. John fan got goin nowadays.

St. John fans' attention, love and thought at this time of the year use to be on they team 'cause they team was relevant and competin.

But St. John administration has given y'all nuthin to cheer bout fo years. YEARS MY BROTHERS!

So now the St. John fan can only focus on the narrow, narrow chance that Lance come and actually aclimate his game to a team concept so the team could win.

It straight up revoltin.

I don't think there is anyone happy about the current state of the program and we can all agree we want better. Do you think landing Lance helps improve the program? I'm not making him out to be the messiah of the program but simply are we better program with Lance than without?

I'd encourage more and more talk about Lance. I think anything that gives St. John's fans something to be excited about is a good thing. I also feel St. John's need to remain realistic when participating in discussion and debate but I never try to curb one's enthusiasm in regards to wanting a recruit to come here.

« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2009, 09:43:46 PM »
473 posts on Lance.

I guess we should start some more Norm threads? ::)

Tha Kid

« Reply #478 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »
473 posts on Lance.

It straight up revoltin.

I don't think there is anyone happy about the current state of the program and we can all agree we want better. Do you think landing Lance helps improve the program? I'm not making him out to be the messiah of the program but simply are we better program with Lance than without?

I'd encourage more and more talk about Lance. I think anything that gives St. John's fans something to be excited about is a good thing. I also feel St. John's need to remain realistic when participating in discussion and debate but I never try to curb one's enthusiasm in regards to wanting a recruit to come here.

We have never had an elite player under the Norm tenure --- but if Lance takes the shoot shoot shoot green light that Mase has had...we won't win cr@p.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »
Dex Strickland was out for a little bit this season so I can at least justify him not making the game but why not Lance?
Strickland was suspended, while John Wall is technically a fifth year. My guess would be his long running character issues or the sexual assault charge.

You brought up an interesting point to be concerned about the aggressiveness of Kevin Plank, the founder of UA.