Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #560 on: March 18, 2009, 01:24:53 AM »
assuming they win. i'll ask lance if maryland is in the running..

« Reply #561 on: March 18, 2009, 01:33:10 AM »
assuming they win. i'll ask lance if maryland is in the running..

Better yet, ask him if hes coming to St johns

« Reply #562 on: March 18, 2009, 01:33:49 AM »
Dag we have been down this rode before with Sylven , I hate this stress  >:(
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #563 on: March 18, 2009, 02:11:14 AM »
I don't see how announcing it at the mickey d's game is against or favor. I don't think its really any pro/con for anyone. If he picks St. John's and they televise it on ESPN then its huge for us.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #564 on: March 18, 2009, 02:22:18 AM »
Wow.  I guess my inference in the post earlier about Lance not sounding excited about Maryland was on target!

Dave, I unerstand your P.O.V., but I think announcing after the NYC championship in our arena would have heavily favored us.  I do not like the waiting until the McDonald's game. 

« Reply #565 on: March 18, 2009, 02:31:52 AM »
Wow.  I guess my inference in the post earlier about Lance not sounding excited about Maryland was on target!

Dave, I unerstand your P.O.V., but I think announcing after the NYC championship in our arena would have heavily favored us.  I do not like the waiting until the McDonald's game.

I don't disagree there that it would be to our advantage to have the announcement at MSG but I don't think its to our disadvantage having it at Micky D's game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #566 on: March 18, 2009, 02:38:46 AM »

I don't disagree there that it would be to our advantage to have the announcement at MSG but I don't think its to our disadvantage having it at Micky D's game.

This kid says he loves NYC, maybe he'll show that after that game and make a scene

« Reply #567 on: March 18, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

unfortunately I agree  :'( , he would of did it at the Garden if he was coming here. But sports are all about surprises that is why we follow. Every time I look at the Born Ready Photo on the site in a SJU uniform  he looks tailor made for Stephenson
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #568 on: March 18, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »

« Reply #569 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/18/lance-stephenson-has-decided/#more-13643

New article, nothing new or surprising....

yes there is..

Stephenson said he will attend either “St. John’s, Maryland [or] Kansas” and that he talks with coaches from each school every day.

i told you guys. maryland is not out of it...

« Reply #570 on: March 18, 2009, 01:19:55 PM »

yes there is..

Stephenson said he will attend either “St. John’s, Maryland [or] Kansas” and that he talks with coaches from each school every day.

But Zags followed it up with this...

A source close to his inner circle told me Tuesday night that Stephenson, ranked No. 1 in the Class of 2009 by the Hoop Scoop and No. 9 by Rivals, would likely end up at either Kansas or St. John’s and that Maryland was basically out of the running.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #571 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »
he's sayign taht cover himself from saying umd is not in the race...

« Reply #572 on: March 18, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

yes there is..

A source close to his inner circle told me Tuesday night that Stephenson, ranked No. 1 in the Class of 2009 by the Hoop Scoop and No. 9 by Rivals, would likely end up at either Kansas or St. John’s and that Maryland was basically out of the running.

that was tuesday nite, today is wed.

« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »

yes there is..

that was tuesday nite, today is wed.

Wow...thanks I had no idea today was Wednesday.

« Reply #574 on: March 18, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
he's sayign taht cover himself from saying umd is not in the race...

Or maybe he's implying that even though Lance says Maryland is in the running they're really not.

What are you worried about?  I though the party was over! :-X

sjd8886

« Reply #575 on: March 18, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »
with our luck, he signs, then gets injured first game...it wouldnt be st johns basketball unless something bad immediately followed something good

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #576 on: March 18, 2009, 05:43:21 PM »
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/recruit-makes-decision-but-hes-not-telling/

“I want a coach that’s going to push me, the players surrounding me are good, and I just want to have a chance to win the tournament,” Stephenson said at a Garden news conference to promote the P.S.A.L. AA boys and girls title games. “So I’m picking by that.”

When told that St. John’s did not seem close to being able to win the N.C.A.A. tournament, Stephenson laughed and said, “I don’t want to talk about college talk no more.”

Stephenson is the state’s career boys scoring leader and is ranked as the eighth-best prospect in the Class of 2009 by ESPNU. He said he continued to call all three finalists regularly because “maybe I could change my mind.” But asked if that really could happen, he said, “I think I’m set.”

Speculate away, all.

« Reply #577 on: March 18, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
Sounds like Kansas if that's his priority list.

He already mentioned how he thinks Self could be the coach to push him....and Kansas is better than Maryland and St. John's in the other 2 categories(players and chance of winning).

Also disappointing we never got him on campus for an official visit.  (I know I know he's been there unofficially a bunch of times.)

I can't believe we have to wait 2 more weeks.  >:(

« Reply #578 on: March 18, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »
I'm not convinced we're out of the running....  Everybody can speculate for the next two weeks, but none of us will actually know 'til the day of the Mickey D's game.

Stephenson will make a bigger splash for himself and St. John's by announcing on national tv.  'Ya just never know!  Stay in NYC, Stephenson! 

« Reply #579 on: March 18, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/recruit-makes-decision-but-hes-not-telling/

“I want a coach that’s going to push me, the players surrounding me are good, and I just want to have a chance to win the tournament,” Stephenson said at a Garden news conference to promote the P.S.A.L. AA boys and girls title games. “So I’m picking by that.”

When told that St. John’s did not seem close to being able to win the N.C.A.A. tournament, Stephenson laughed and said, “I don’t want to talk about college talk no more.”

Stephenson is the state’s career boys scoring leader and is ranked as the eighth-best prospect in the Class of 2009 by ESPNU. He said he continued to call all three finalists regularly because “maybe I could change my mind.” But asked if that really could happen, he said, “I think I’m set.”

Speculate away, all.

How do you know what tourney he meant? Maybe he ment the CBI?