Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #580 on: March 18, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »
I don't see how announcing it at the mickey d's game is against or favor. I don't think its really any pro/con for anyone. If he picks St. John's and they televise it on ESPN then its huge for us.

I actually think it would be better for the team if he announces St. John's at the Mickey D's game. Although, I can understand why everyone is skeptical of the switch in days.

« Reply #581 on: March 18, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
i think him not setting up an official visit to us hurts our chances

pmg911

« Reply #582 on: March 18, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »
i think him not setting up an official visit to us hurts our chances

Kid has been to St. john's many many times and has played at Carnesecca at least twice this year.

« Reply #583 on: March 18, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »
Some folks in Maryland...are very, very confident that he is going there.  Supposedly a member of the Maryland staff leaked it to the guy who runs the site Jeff Ermann.

http://www.terpcenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9642

Of course Kansas is confident too but the Terp fans are downright arrogant.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #584 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »
when is the McDonalds game?

« Reply #585 on: March 18, 2009, 10:44:43 PM »

« Reply #586 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:18 PM »
I hope he puts on a Maryland hat on and say April fools and then puts on a St. John's hat.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #587 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:05 AM »
I hope he puts on a Maryland hat on and say April fools and then puts on a St. John's hat.

I'll gladly lend him my SJU shirt...
my UnderArmour SJU shirt that is!!!

« Reply #588 on: March 19, 2009, 01:54:45 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/18/lance-stephenson-has-decided/#more-13643

" base my decision on the players surrounding me, the coach and wherever I feel comfortable at.”

He later added:  “I just want to have a chance to win the tournament, so I’m picking by that.”

I never thought Sylven Landesberg wanted to come to SJU I kind of knew he wanted to get away from NY, so I was not stressing him. However, I think Lance actually wants to bring SJU back but he knows this is not the best situation for him. The coaching staffs does not develop players which is a huge negative for someone who has NBA aspirations & the SJU players don't match his skill set. We don't have the shooters he would need when double ,we don't have a tradition post player with post moves on this team that he can dump the ball down to when he gets tired & most importantly we don't have a PG that can get the ball over half court consistently & get us in our sets so he can maximize on his playing ability.

As of today If he choose KU I would not even be upset with him because I understand this is not a good fit for him.If he was a PG or C I would be very angry with him, because I see the fit & the need.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:59:20 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Tha Kid

« Reply #589 on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/18/lance-stephenson-has-decided/#more-13643

" base my decision on the players surrounding me, the coach and wherever I feel comfortable at.”

He later added:  “I just want to have a chance to win the tournament, so I’m picking by that.”

This quote makes it obvious.  We got NO chance at Lance.

It's time for all the supporters to give it up.  We need a new coach.  Season is over - and it was a mediocre season AT best - and could have ended fine with a nice little run but then getting blown out by an NCAA team - but by ending it with a loss to Richmond in the CBI it just put a damper on all that was built at the end.  We need a new coach.  Now.  NOW.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:17:31 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #590 on: March 19, 2009, 03:17:51 PM »
I don't really see it being a significance for either. I think Lance just wants to steal the spotlight of the mickey d's game. Hopefully Kansas signs John Wall and we can all be put at ease.
Short of my life, I will bet any amount that John Wall will not wind up at Kansas.

« Reply #591 on: March 19, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »
I don't really see it being a significance for either. I think Lance just wants to steal the spotlight of the mickey d's game. Hopefully Kansas signs John Wall and we can all be put at ease.
Short of my life, I will bet any amount that John Wall will not wind up at Kansas.

It's more wishful thinking on my part.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #592 on: March 19, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
I don't see how announcing it at the mickey d's game is against or favor. I don't think its really any pro/con for anyone. If he picks St. John's and they televise it on ESPN then its huge for us.

I actually think it would be better for the team if he announces St. John's at the Mickey D's game. Although, I can understand why everyone is skeptical because he switched the announcement in date.

sjd8886

« Reply #593 on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:29 AM »

more like he says st johns, then puts on a maryland hat, and points and laughs at the st johns fans in attendance

« Reply #594 on: March 20, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Lance Stephenson will make his college announcement March 31 in Miami, according to the McDonald’s All-American media relations folks.

“We are excited to report that Lance Stephenson, the highly recruited 6-5 senior guard from Brooklyn, NY, is set to announce his college decision during the 2009 McDonald’s All American Games in Miami Fla,” according to a release. “This much anticipated announcement will take place during Media Day on Tuesday, March 31 at 11:45 a.m. ET at the BankUnited Center.”

The 6-foot-5 Stephenson said he has already decided and will attend either Kansas, Maryland or St. John’s. A source close to the decision-making process told us it will be either Kansas or St. John’s.

The game itself is set for 8 o’clock on April 1 and will be shown live on ESPNU

« Reply #595 on: March 21, 2009, 10:36:43 AM »
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #596 on: March 21, 2009, 08:19:25 PM »
going to Kansas.  :( :( :(

« Reply #598 on: March 21, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »
going to Kansas.  :( :( :(
Are you just guessing or do you have inside information?

« Reply #599 on: March 21, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
coach q was there today.

he finished with 24 pts and 10 rebounds.  but he had 14 pts in the first q alone.  if he didn't pick up his 3rd foul in the 2nd, he coulda had 40