sjd8886

Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
exactly

LJSA

« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2008, 02:17:42 AM »
Two things:

1) JJ, your co-worker should have been fired.

2) Didn't Lance also throw one of his teammates through a table (or something to that effect) during a fight last season? I think the kid is a major tool and a spoiled f'ing brat. He thinks he can get away with whatever the hell he wants because he's Lance Stephenson. Give both a polygraph, and make the liar pay for the cost. If Lance is the liar, his scholarship offers (all of them) should be pulled. He can have fun playing in Europe. Play in Italy and he'll fit right in with all the ass grabbers.

kob24

« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2008, 05:09:18 AM »
Well if some guy grabbed your daughters' ass i'm sure you would be fine with that, it's all a joke.
If it was my daughter and her ass was grabbed a ass whopping would have been delivered. And it would not have taken 3 days to be handled. The day it happened lance would have gotten handled. But I don't have a daughter I have a boy

« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
Lance’s Attorney Denies Groping Charge
Posted on Oct 20, 2008 9:37 am
The attorney for Lance Stephenson denies that his client groped a female student at Lincoln High School in Brooklyn earlier this month.

“He did absolutely nothing wrong,” Alberto Ebanks, Stephenson’s lawyer, told The Daily News. “He categorically denies these allegations.”

The News reported on Sunday that Stephenson, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound guard considering among the best players in the nation, had been arrested for groping a 17-year-old girl’s breasts and buttocks through her clothes at the high school Oct. 3. Police say the incident occurred on school grounds, but school officials say it happened at a bus stop near the school.

“Where is the proof?” Ebanks said. “There’s not one independent witness that will verify this. … At 2:50 on or near school grounds, someone has to see this happen.”

The woman reported the incident to the police three days after it happened, saying she punched and kicked Stephenson to resist.

Stephenson was charged with a Class B misdemeanor and Ebanks said Stephenson turned himself in to police last Friday and was released on his own recognizance after appearing in court Saturday.

“I’ve seen this young man grow up, known him for a long time, and I think he’s incapable of committing this kind of offense,” Ebanks told the News, adding that the hoops star “has great respect for women.”

Despite the incident, Stephenson played in the is8 playoffs over the weekend in Queens, scoring 30 points in a semifinal victory over New Heights and 22 in the championship game loss to the Playaz Seniors.

Stephenson is being recruited by St. John’s, Kansas, Memphis, USC and UCLA. He took an unofficial visit to St. John’s earlier this month and St. John’s head coach Norm Roberts had an in-home visit with the Stephenson family prior to that.

Stephenson also considered visiting Kansas this past weekend for its Midnight Madness event but stayed home to play in is8.

Stephenson’s father, Lance Sr., declined comment to the News on Sunday at is8.

“I’m not talking to anybody,” the paper quoted him as saying.

“The family’s eager to put this entire debacle behind them,” said Ebanks.

(Photo courtesy Daily News)

« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2008, 02:59:26 PM »
Well if some guy grabbed your daughters' ass i'm sure you would be fine with that, it's all a joke.
If it was my daughter and her ass was grabbed a ass whopping would have been delivered. And it would not have taken 3 days to be handled. The day it happened lance would have gotten handled. But I don't have a daughter I have a boy

I think kob has a great point here.  If this really went down, what took her 3 days to come forward with the accusations? 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

I think kob has a great point here.  If this really went down, what took her 3 days to come forward with the accusations? 

Sounds like a scam that Calipari would run. Pay some girl to accuse Stephenson of this so schools like St Johns back off on the recruiting of this kid.

« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »

Sounds like a scam that Calipari would run. Pay some girl to accuse Stephenson of this so schools like St Johns back off on the recruiting of this kid.

how far fetched is that?  almost as far fetched is stephenson coming here a few years after FH railed on about the "culture" of the basketball team.  he may be completely innocent, but unless this completely blows over, FH will put the word out that this kid is toxic.

Poison

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »

I take it you're not a teacher?

Poison

« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

Do you really think that's a great point? It could mean nothing more than the girl was scared.

« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2008, 10:24:13 PM »

Do you really think that's a great point? It could mean nothing more than the girl was scared.

Scared of what? shes from Brooklyn

« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/10/22/lance-could-face-disciplinary-action-from-school/#more-5449

Lance Stephenson could face disciplinary action from Lincoln High School as a result of his recent arrest.

The 6-foot-5, 200-pound Stephenson was arrested earlier this month and charged with a Class B misdemeanor for allegedly groping a 17-year-old girl on school grounds.

“Disciplinary action is pending the police investigation,” Margie Feinberg, a Department of Education spokesman, said Tuesday by phone. “We are working with the police. There is no timeframe.”

Stephenson denied the charges through his attorney, Alberto Ebanks.

“Where is the proof?” Ebanks told The Daily News. “There’s not one independent witness that will verify this. … At 2:50 on or near school grounds, someone has to see this happen.”

Stephenson is being recruited by St. John’s, Kansas, Memphis, USC and UCLA but he has yet to take an official visit. A student-athlete must have a test score, PSAT, SAT or ACT, to take an official visit. Stephenson took an unofficial visit to St. John’s last month for its Midnight Madness event.

Several Big East coaches said they think he will attempt to play professionally overseas next season, a la Brandon Jennings, instead of going to college.

“I think he’s going to try it,” one Big East assistant coach said.

One Big East head coach reiterated that sentiment during Wednesday’s Big East Media Day, saying he thought Stephenson would head to Italy or somewhere in Europe.

Stephenson has previously said he was keeping an eye on Jennings, but also reiterated that he wanted to go to college. Jennings is earning $1.2 million this year in Italy, and Stephenson could potentially earn similar money.

“I think I want the education so I think I would go to college,” Stephenson said. “I’m looking at Brandon right now, see how he’s doing. If he goes there, then I’ll see how it is. If I do it, then I’ll do it, but right now I’m thinking about college.”

Former sneaker guru Sonny Vaccaro said he has heard from the parents of about a dozen prep players interested in learning more about Jennings’ decision.

“I’ve talked to more parents in the last three months regarding their son’s future than I ever have,” Vaccaro said. “There’s a lot of interest. And they’re not all seniors. They’re not all like Lance or Renardo [Sidney]. There are some parents of sophomores in this year’s class. They’re just getting information. One parent’s concern was, ‘How can anybody with an intelligent mind not look at the options in the economic world we live in today?’”

Stephenson has led Lincoln to three straight PSAL championships and says he is focused on winning a fourth and becoming more of a team player before worrying about college visits and choices.

“Right now, I’m just worrying about basketball and at the end I’ll do all that college stuff,” he said this summer. “I’m going to do my high school season and after that I look forward to telling everybody what school I should go to.”

« Reply #251 on: October 22, 2008, 11:54:54 PM »
I really hate when quotes are formed from unnamed Big East assistants. Especially on this topic when no Big East school's besides St. John's is after Lance. Even though I agree he is probably headed overseas why are they even commenting on it especially to media. Coaches aren't supposed to talk to media about recruits, which is why the guy is unnamed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
But I don't have a daughter I have a boy

And just like his dad the boy has been grabbing @ss since his 1st day in the nursery. :)

« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »

And just like his dad the boy has been grabbing @ss since his 1st day in the nursery. :)

I heard his crib in the hospital was in between two baby girls......pimp

« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:05 PM »
I'll bring up a case here. At my job recently a female decided to give out invitations to all the females on staff to come to her house for this party. You know how women have pocketbook, candle, etc. parties to sell things. Well hers was a sex toy party.

So it was an office joke for a while and the party went on and I don't think anyone attended. So the next week I asked her how the "sex party" was.

She went to my boss and complained that I sexually harassed her.

There was a big to do and I got questioned about everything I said to her and I was really taken back by everything because I felt I did nothing wrong. I didn't go into any further detail about anything and our conversation was very brief and friendly. I said I apologized if asking her was inappropriate.

So I was pretty upset my character was being called into question especially by this person who I wouldn't exactly call a classy woman. She started saying I said more and more stuff about her and to her and I started getting scared because how do I defend myself in this situation?

So for some reason I checked her facebook and actually caught her writing on someone else's wall(page) about making all this stuff up about me because she simply didn't like me since I got a promotion. I printed it out and delivered to my boss and that was the end of things. I don't talk to the female anymore or even around her. In fact no one at work has talked to her so it kind of sucks for her.

I also looked up some legality on things because of slander and defamation but according to some workers union there is no retaliation for acquisitions of sexual harassment because they don't want to discourage people from coming forward. Its pretty bogus in my opinion.

So lets reserve judgement. I don't condone unwanted advances by touching/groping but perhaps it wasn't unwanted. Its like a girl who says don't look at my breasts but has a low cut shirt on with glitter all over her boobs. Its not fair.

I honestly dont know how the girl couldnt have been fired when you got the evidence.

You have to be very careful of what you say though in the workplace. My office was the center of a big sexual harrassment suit that was all over the news.

Luckily it didnt involve me and most of it was BS but you have to be very careful even when out of the office. I know someone who got suspended for 2 weeks for an innocent comment that was made at a bar.

« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »

I heard his crib in the hospital was in between two baby girls......pimp
Yeah and he had nurses breastfeeding him. KOB tried to get some of that also I heard. LOL

« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »
I'll bring up a case here. At my job recently a female decided to give out invitations to all the females on staff to come to her house for this party. You know how women have pocketbook, candle, etc. parties to sell things. Well hers was a sex toy party.

So it was an office joke for a while and the party went on and I don't think anyone attended. So the next week I asked her how the "sex party" was.

She went to my boss and complained that I sexually harassed her.

There was a big to do and I got questioned about everything I said to her and I was really taken back by everything because I felt I did nothing wrong. I didn't go into any further detail about anything and our conversation was very brief and friendly. I said I apologized if asking her was inappropriate.

So I was pretty upset my character was being called into question especially by this person who I wouldn't exactly call a classy woman. She started saying I said more and more stuff about her and to her and I started getting scared because how do I defend myself in this situation?

So for some reason I checked her facebook and actually caught her writing on someone else's wall(page) about making all this stuff up about me because she simply didn't like me since I got a promotion. I printed it out and delivered to my boss and that was the end of things. I don't talk to the female anymore or even around her. In fact no one at work has talked to her so it kind of sucks for her.

I also looked up some legality on things because of slander and defamation but according to some workers union there is no retaliation for acquisitions of sexual harassment because they don't want to discourage people from coming forward. Its pretty bogus in my opinion.

So lets reserve judgement. I don't condone unwanted advances by touching/groping but perhaps it wasn't unwanted. Its like a girl who says don't look at my breasts but has a low cut shirt on with glitter all over her boobs. Its not fair.

I honestly dont know how the girl couldnt have been fired when you got the evidence.

You have to be very careful of what you say though in the workplace. My office was the center of a big sexual harrassment suit that was all over the news.

Luckily it didnt involve me and most of it was BS but you have to be very careful even when out of the office. I know someone who got suspended for 2 weeks for an innocent comment that was made at a bar.

She got a written warning next thing she does wrong she is fired. Personally I would have fired her a long time ago and definitely after this as well but whatever. Everything is in the past.

« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »
Boss has to be careful about a wrongful termination lawsuit also.  Even if its frivolous, it could take years and many $$$ to defend.  Sometimes a boss wants to build a strong enough case before he fires an employee.

« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »
Lance Stephenson, the marquee player for the Boros, did not show up for the game.

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/10/27/hofstras-williams-lifts-boros-in-metro-classic/#more-5830

LJSA

« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2008, 12:12:33 AM »
That's pretty responsible of him. He's just the type of fine young man I'd want on my team.