Impressive

• 13 replies
Impressive
« on: November 29, 2009, 08:48:25 AM »
We out-ran the run & press team. We out-ground the pound it inside tough defensive team.

Very impressive.

Does this mean we'll win every game? Of course not. Does this mean we're in the NCAA's? Of course not. Does this mean this is a team worth getting excited about?

Yep.

Go Johnnies!!

Re: Impressive
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »
We out-ran the run & press team. We out-ground the pound it inside tough defensive team.

Very good point.  Nice wins this weekend against 2 teams with opposite styles.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »
Well we still ran against Temple but we just didn't run as much. When we went on our runs it was because we got defensive stops, controlled the boards, and pushed the break.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »
  I can't really add much being as i have yet to see a game, or listen for that matter.  But i am extremely happy that the boys are off toa 5-0 start.  Good job Norm and team.  A hard fought , competitive effort against Duke could really propel this team for rest of season.  Lets go Storm!

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
I love the transition offense, our depth and DJ playing like a man.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
 :) I have only listened on radio, have not actually seen them yet but: they play hard & show no selfish egos.
Keep it going guys.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 04:45:10 PM »
The chemistry is much better this year as opposed to last. Saturday was the first time in a long time where we looked quick running in half court sets. Even though we couldn't buy a bucket in the first half. I want to blow the doors off of Stony Brook and go into Duke with swagger

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 05:06:15 PM »
Our frontcourt worries me.  Big teams will continue to give us problems.  Our only wildcard there is the number of extremely
athletic forwards that can get up and down the court faster than the the bigs of almost any other team. 

kob24

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 05:21:28 PM »
nothing against the team but i dont think they are built to get big leads or win by 20.i think all that comes next year

Poison

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
nothing against the team but i dont think they are built to get big leads or win by 20.i think all that comes next year

If they can score 70 points per game, they can win by 20 if they d up.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »
I think we're a team that can get out to early leads and build upon them from defense. We've been fortunate to come back from deficits so far this year but I don't like that trend. We need to keep the boys hungry and motivated to come out of the gates strong. WE set the tempo of the game.

kjd01067

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
The chemistry is much better this year as opposed to last. Saturday was the first time in a long time where we looked quick running in half court sets. Even though we couldn't buy a bucket in the first half. I want to blow the doors off of Stony Brook and go into Duke with swagger

My question is what happens to this chemistry when Mase Jr. is thrown into the mix?  I am very happy with the team so far but I am worried how things will go once Mase gets healthy.  On paper we are a better team with Mase I'm just hoping we are on the court too.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »
Mason can defend. We might not need him to do everything he had been doing, but come on now, he's been enough to have strong games against top 25 talent.

Now, we have more talent around him. I know he cab pass, because I've seen him do it. I know he can rebound, because I've seen him do it, and maybe he doesn't shoot the three like Hardy, but with him, DJ and Hardy, defenses might be forced to focus on the 40% shooter Hardy instead of Mase.

sjd8886

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »
what i want to know (only from people that have seen the team play in person) has nothing to do with execution...how is the offense moving, and does the team and norm finally have an idea of how to play the game...is there a basic offensive scheme that they're working around when there is not a set play...in years past ive felt like they've run around with no clue of what they were going to do, and that's the major reason why ive felt norm has to go...so are they finally competent on offense, or are these points coming off pure talent...also, has the team fell into bad droughts during the games so far (the other major problem ive had with teams past)...im really sick of seeing them compete hard for 30-35 min and then seeing the game be lost in a flash...so any info from people who've seen them play would be appreciated