"St. John's Is Good Kids...Really" [New York Magazine]

• 4 replies
"St. John's Is Good Kids...Really" [New York Magazine]
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »
http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2009/11/st_johns_is_good_kids_really.html

The top 25 men's college basketball teams poll comes out this afternoon, and it's unlikely that St. John's Red Storm will be on it. But they'll get some votes. They might even sneak in there soon. We wondered before Thanksgiving if St. John's could make a statement at the Palestra over the weekend. They did.

St. John's didn't look particularly inspiring in wins over Siena and Temple — both NCAA tournament teams last year — in Philadelphia, but who cares. They won twice and suddenly the Red Storm are 5–0 for the first time in nearly a decade.

They're all excited:

"St. John's has been in the bottom of the Big East for a while now and (there's) all the trouble they had in the past," said guard Paris Horne, referring to the team's 2004 sex scandal. "New York is just waiting for us to have a breakout year. I think this is our year."

Yeah! Let's go!

The Storm, Red or otherwise, have a tune-up against Stony Brook on Wednesday that will bring them to 6–0 before the yearly matchup with Duke at Cameron on Saturday. They're not likely to win that, but you won't have to avert your eyes this year. Catch the fever.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:02:43 PM by Dave »

Re: "St. John's Is Good Kids...Really"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »
Lets not overlook stony brook after two good wins. They are an up and comer in the america east, but we should take care of business

Re: "St. John's Is Good Kids...Really" [New York Magazine]
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »
I like how we're getting pub consistently in NY Mag
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »

It's like they are actually covering us.

matt6

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »

i like how were getting what seems to be consistent pub from a lot of places..the best part is its finally starting to be POSITIVE PUB too!!