ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll

• 10 replies
ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
St. John's received 20 votes.
75 votes were needed to be ranked 25th (California)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

kinda surprised Portland only got 62 votes, guess West Va. beating them down last night deterred some of the voters.

But this is another step for the program, demolish Stony Brook and shock Duke...that would be good for at least top 20...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:33:54 PM by JungleFever »

Re: ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:33:36 PM »
I m guessing those votes were from some east coast based voters. Put up a good fight aginst duke and we ll get some national attention

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »
I am getting really excited but I am trying to control myself because I know how tough the Big East is and how we have showed glimpses of hope in the past.  But damn its nice to be mentioned for once !

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
I thought this was going to happen. Pretty cool we're on the cusp.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »
Its taken awhile, but we are on our way. Hopefully recruits and their handlers are taking notice

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »
It is so nice to see St. John's anywhere on a top 25 list.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 02:21:38 PM »
St. John's received 20 votes.
75 votes were needed to be ranked 25th (California)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

kinda surprised Portland only got 62 votes, guess West Va. beating them down last night deterred some of the voters.

But this is another step for the program, demolish Stony Brook and shock Duke...that would be good for at least top 20...
Portland got ranked #25 in the AP.
I'm surprised UConn didn't drop more, but cbb is so weak this year.
Congrats to the team for getting some top 25 votes.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »
We have to put it all together for Stony Brook and Stay close with Duke and try and pull that game out in the 4th Qrt. All eyes will be on that game and we have to respond well. If we get behind don't lose composure and battle back. We have the depth to finish strong in the 4 Qrt but we need to shoot well from the outside in this game. I am excited. Good job so far for the Team and for the Coaching Staff!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:53:58 PM by PEEKSKILLREDDEVIL »

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:41 PM »
Nice to see...its been a long time.  Lets hope the team builds on these wins.  Hard to get too excited with only being able to listen on the radio.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
It's still so early.  The polls don't mean anything really.  It's still terrific as a fan to have have that, though.  2-0 this week and we'd be top 15 FOR SURE, but that is a big if.

I can't wait for the Duke game to see what we have.  Win or lose, I hope they come out confident and fight until the last whistle.  I don't think it will be a blowout unless Duke is really firing from the perimeter.  Coach K is so stubborn about staying in man-to-man and that could be tough for them. 

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Its certainly helps the 2011 recruiting situation. We're on the upswing. Sell the buzz!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle