2010-Alaska 2011-Puerto Rico/2k Sports Classic 2012-Paradise Jam [Daily News]

• 8 replies
TRAVEL DATES: St. John's is likely to play in major non-conference tournaments each of the next three years. The Storm will be one of eight teams in the Great Alaska Shootout in Anchorage beginning next Nov. 24. Arizona State, Ball State and Drake are also in the field. The Johnnies will appear in either the Puerto Rico Tip-Off or the 2K Sports Classic benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer in the fall of 2011 and then the Paradise Jam in St. Thomas, USVI, in the fall of 2012.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2009/12/01/2009-12-01_johnnies_score_points_with_voters.html#ixzz0YSjQc9MF

Road trip?

Road trip?

These guys' wives wont let them go to Philly, think the boss will let them go to Alaska? ;)

Road trip?

These guys' wives wont let them go to Philly, think the boss will let them go to Alaska? ;)

The key is you have to bring'em.  ;)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
... a tournament setting, early season, with 9 freshmen/ first year players in 2011?  Yeah, that will be great for the reputation.

Unless we get some awesome players.  Hey, JayVaughn, Mike Taylor, Maurice Harkless, Angel Nunez!  Come get with this!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Also - I could definitely convince wifey to go to Puerto Rico around Thanksgiving.  I mean, for real?  She'd be yelling at the refs and leading chants.

Also - I could definitely convince wifey to go to Puerto Rico around Thanksgiving.  I mean, for real?  She'd be yelling at the refs and leading chants.

Puerto Rico and the Paradise Jam seem a little more likely than the Great Alaskan Shootout.  Who would have thunk it.   ;)

A very nice recruiting chip Norm should be able to use to his advantage.

I'm glad we're assured to be in legitimate, growing tournaments after the dying mess that is the Great Alaska Shootout.

With that said, I may try to go up to Anchorage for the heck of it. I love Alaska.

Also good: the 2011 and 2012 tournaments are fully televised, I believe.