WV thoughts

• 37 replies
WV thoughts
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »
i dont know about anyone on this board, but the best part of the game was the first 2 points scored by sju when mase drove the lane and dunked the ball.......

after that the true mase came out.......

Re: WV thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:59:29 AM »
yeah he was a complete wuss the rest of the nite missing that gimme lay up, and also when we were surging back he missed a chippy lay up on the and 1 and proceeded to miss 1 of the fts too.  kid has the goods but right now doesnt have the balls to be a stud.

he was #10 on espn's top plays with that slam

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:02:08 AM »
mase got top 10 on espn?!?!?!?!? im statrting to hate norm >:(

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:17:30 AM »

at least our school has exposure.....hope norm doesn't hang his hat on that highlight.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »
Sean Evans nice game in the boxscore but shouldn't have played 22 minutes because he kills us on defense. He gets lost so many times and you can see him get burnt on espn.com highlights.

I know at one point in the game they(wvu) went on either a 12-2 or 15-2 to close out the first half how do we let this happen game after game? Its like we start sleep walking on the court it was around 10 min to go in the first half.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »

Hey now - we need you and your guys to send us some more good players.  Don't let your norm hate get in the way of that :)

kob24

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
hell if yall want exposure tell norm to run a uptempo offense. man im trying to be positive. im really am. but come on malik gets 10 minutes? 10? he said he was gonna play him more. what the #$%^. larry finaly gets 20 and we see what he can do. how the hell does ur leading scorer stats look like 6 and 2 with 7 attempts? come on ride ur big guns thats why u got them. its becoming very frustrating now. im losing my patience. i would have no problems if he went young but hes not. i dont know how u guys did it for 4 years. this shit has to stop and i just got here. what can he be thinking. geno cant get the ball in the post and his shot attempts are crazy. why is norm doing this. why? i can take dj turning it over. i can take malik and paris turning it over. i can even take justin and sean. but geno mase and tomas there is no excuse u are the upper class man. come on they all have at least 50 games of playing in the big east between them. there is no excuse. stop saying its a young team when in big east play only 2 of ur freshmen is averaging more then 15 minutes a game. this is why its so hard to recruit who the hell wants to play like this. man norm i like him but this is looking bad. very bad

kob24

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »

Hey now - we need you and your guys to send us some more good players.  Don't let your norm hate get in the way of that :)
me and my guys was talking after the game and was like we could flood this school wth talent not only from ny but all over. but its hard to sell to kids when u got players they know of not balling out like they can. u can only blame that on the style of the school.

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »
hell if yall want exposure tell norm to run a uptempo offense. man im trying to be positive. im really am. but come on malik gets 10 minutes? 10? he said he was gonna play him more. what the #$%^. larry finaly gets 20 and we see what he can do. how the hell does ur leading scorer stats look like 6 and 2 with 7 attempts? come on ride ur big guns thats why u got them. its becoming very frustrating now. im losing my patience. i would have no problems if he went young but hes not. i dont know how u guys did it for 4 years. this shit has to stop and i just got here. what can he be thinking. geno cant get the ball in the post and his shot attempts are crazy. why is norm doing this. why? i can take dj turning it over. i can take malik and paris turning it over. i can even take justin and sean. but geno mase and tomas there is no excuse u are the upper class man. come on they all have at least 50 games of playing in the big east between them. there is no excuse. stop saying its a young team when in big east play only 2 of ur freshmen is averaging more then 15 minutes a game. this is why its so hard to recruit who the hell wants to play like this. man norm i like him but this is looking bad. very bad

amen brother kob.....norm should try shaking up the starting line up unstead of his sub patterns.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:49 AM »
i agree amen

the game wasn't even fun to watch. Geno with his 45 footers last night were hard to bare and his turnovers were even worse. Its a shame he is playing in such a funk but we can't let the ship sink because of him move him to the bench and let him get back into some form of rhythm.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »

great post kob --- if Norm is really under no pressure to win, why waste minutes on veterans, who (besides mase) arent even the best at their position, just out of loyalty?  If we're only going to win 10-12 games at least let it be with the young kids and let them get experience so next year they will be more mature and game ready to surprise everyone.   :(
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »
Ride the hot hands! aka Burrell, Boothe and Wright! I can't stomach another year of Norm screwing up this team. I wouldn't be surprised if Wright AND Burrell transferred out next year.
 :'(

Tha Kid

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »
Ride the hot hands! aka Burrell, Boothe and Wright! I can't stomach another year of Norm screwing up this team. I wouldn't be surprised if Wright AND Burrell transferred out next year.
 :'(

why do people always need to say this?  any st. john's fan would never even MENTION this.  let's not talk about it and hope it won't happen.

mkras99

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »

me and my guys was talking after the game and was like we could flood this school wth talent not only from ny but all over. but its hard to sell to kids when u got players they know of not balling out like they can. u can only blame that on the style of the school.

I hear you kob - maybe you gotta try just a little harder here :)

mkras99

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:50:49 AM »

Could not agree more.

kob24

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »

what should i use to entice them to come here?

I hear you kob - maybe you gotta try just a little harder here :)

mkras99

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »

Playing with Justin, with Rob Thomas (who as you say is going to be ridiculous when he gets back), with a pure PG in Malik Boothe (Norm will have no choice but to give him his minutes next year), with a beast of a big man who will protect them in Dele and getting to win and play at home at MSG.  B/c fact of the matter is, with a piece or two, this team can go far, no matter who is coaching (see Jarvis coaching Fran's guys).

Tha Kid

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »

Playing with Justin, with Rob Thomas (who as you say is going to be ridiculous when he gets back), with a pure PG in Malik Boothe (Norm will have no choice but to give him his minutes next year), with a beast of a big man who will protect them in Dele and getting to win and play at home at MSG.  B/c fact of the matter is, with a piece or two, this team can go far, no matter who is coaching (see Jarvis coaching Fran's guys).

Throw on top of what Mkras has just said that if they make st. john's relevant again, which is much closer talentwise than our record shows, they will be the KINGS of the city, remembered with the kind of fondness that guys remember Mullin, Berry, Jax --- those guys didn't even win a title, and they are LEGENDS.  If you get some guys to go with Malik, Rob, and JB with Dele, Paris, Larry, DJ helpin' out - this team could go far, would be the ONLY basketball team in NYC being talked about since the Knicks suck, and would be able to do so in front of all of their friends and fam from NYC.  You can't tell me that it wouldn't be a fairytale for these kids to win in NYC at St. John's in front of their home crowd.  What's the point of being a legend in Louisville or Pittsburgh when you have a chance to be a legend in your home town of the greatest city of the world?

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »

only problem is
Throw on top of what Mkras has just said that if they make st. john's relevant again, which is much closer talentwise than our record shows, they will be the KINGS of the city, remembered with the kind of fondness that guys remember Mullin, Berry, Jax --- those guys didn't even win a title, and they are LEGENDS.  If you get some guys to go with Malik, Rob, and JB with Dele, Paris, Larry, DJ helpin' out - this team could go far, would be the ONLY basketball team in NYC being talked about since the Knicks suck, and would be able to do so in front of all of their friends and fam from NYC.  You can't tell me that it wouldn't be a fairytale for these kids to win in NYC at St. John's in front of their home crowd.  What's the point of being a legend in Louisville or Pittsburgh when you have a chance to be a legend in your home town of the greatest city of the world?

they had louie....different story.

Tha Kid

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 12:47:37 PM »
they had louie....different story.

I'm glad you're not our recruiter --- this is how you have to approach selling kids on st. john's. that was the intent of my post.