Larry Legend

• 50 replies
Larry Legend
« on: December 18, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
After a slow start, the legend is back on target! Last two games 12-25 including 5-9 from three,10-10 from the line. For the last two games averaging 19.5 ppg 5 boards and 3 assists.I will continue to keep everyone posted.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:00:18 AM by we are sju »

Poison

Re: Larry Legend
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »
Who are you talking about?

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

Larry Legend

kob24

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
lol wright

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »
I am disappointed with how Larry really sucked against the name competition - Michigan State, Memphis, Kansas, Wisconsin ... Eastern Michigan, Tennessee Tech...

And his turnover numbers are bad.  Is he playing some point guard for them?  I thought he'd be better than this.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:36:20 AM »
I guess I should add this into this thread. Ty Edmondsen is playing for the #1 Juco team in the country right now. He's averaging a modest 6ppg
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 11:48:55 AM »
I am disappointed with how Larry really sucked against the name competition - Michigan State, Memphis, Kansas, Wisconsin ... Eastern Michigan, Tennessee Tech...

And his turnover numbers are bad.  Is he playing some point guard for them?  I thought he'd be better than this.

I am sure there are a couple girls walking around the SJU campus that have been a little disappointed in your performance as well! They didn't feel the need to go on a forum and talk about though. The best thing you can do Pete is learn from your mistakes and try and do better next time like The Legend is doing ;)

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:49:25 AM »

Larry Legend

Congratulations Wasju!

How has the career of Avery "3 point record holder" Patterson been going post SJU?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »

I am sure there are a couple girls walking around the SJU campus that have been a little disappointed in your performance as well! They didn't feel the need to go on a forum and talk about though. The best thing you can do Pete is learn from your mistakes and try and do better next time like The Legend is doing ;)
:'(

That's what I get for letting them film me for posterity.  they all want to hold on to the memory... they built it up too much.  8)

Poison

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 12:14:54 PM »
He tore it up against Northeast Michigan.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »

Could be any larry, nearly. There are so many greats to choose from.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
I researched it myself:

(AP - Stephenville, TX)
4/14/08
After a brief but stellar record breaking career at St. John's University, shooting guard Avery Patterson moved on to a team who's very name is synonomous with basketball excellence, Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Tx.

In the 2007/2008 season, Patterson lead the Texans to the sweet sixteen of D2 basketball where they fell to the powerhouse University of Central Oklahoma Okies in the South central regional championship game.

Patterson led the Texans in scoring in 2007/2008 averaging 14.8 points per game. Statistical highlights for Avery on the year include a remarkable 73 - 83 from the line, 88%, and of course his legendary 3 point shooting prowess was on display as he hit a team, conference and D2 leading 85 3's on the season.

When asked about Patterson, an obviously emotional Texan coach Tim Landry said "St. John's loss was definitely our gain, Avery was a great teamate, a joy to coach, and I can honestly say that I've never met such a fine young man.  We knew coming in that Avery was a phenominal shooter, but were pleasantly surprised at how great he was defensively.  He always guarded the opponents best scorer and that usually was the difference for us.  I was so proud to have the honor of inducted Avery into the Tarleton State University hall of fame."

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »

Is it true you guys changed your name to Iron Weasel and are now on a Disney channel show?   ;D

From the commercials I thought they were just the weasels and thought you might have grounds for either a lawsuit or at least an appearance in an episode entitled "Battle of the Weasels".  You guys could have played "Dancin on your Grave".  Maybe I should listen to some of your stuff.  Send me a free download code.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

Who is the Larry with the Elmer Fud hat?

Foad

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 01:23:30 PM »
From the commercials I thought they were just the weasels and thought you might have grounds for either a lawsuit or at least an appearance in an episode entitled "Battle of the Weasels".  You guys could have played "Dancin on your Grave".  Maybe I should listen to some of your stuff.  Send me a free download code.
Everyone should listen to some of our stuff. There are free d-loads on the website and links to free downloads as well. Or you can send me your mailing address, I'd be happy to send you some CDs, I have a garage full, I use them for skeet.

Foad

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 01:26:02 PM »

Larry Hovis, hello? Laugh in? Hogans Heroes? The Liars Club? Perhaps the greatest Larry of all.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »

Larry Hovis, hello? Laugh in? Hogans Heroes? The Liars Club? Perhaps the greatest Larry of all.

I only remember Bob Crane, Family Feud guy, black guy and the two German's. He wasn't Colonel Klink was he?

Actually who is the Larry right above J.R.?

No Larry Bird, or Larry Flynt? 

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 01:58:40 PM »
Anybody know where the heck Ricky Torres is these days?

I'd heard he went from UMBC to Norfolk State, but he never actually played for Norfolk State.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »
Anybody know where the heck Ricky Torres is these days?

I'd heard he went from UMBC to Norfolk State, but he never actually played for Norfolk State.
Yeah, they didn't know where he went according to the AD.  He's probably in the Bronx - didn't he have a little brother with developmental disabilities or something?  I thought that's why he originally wanted to stay close to home.

Foad

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »

Actually who is the Larry right above J.R.?

The great Larry Storch.