Larry Legend

• 50 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Larry Legend
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
But... Horne plays defense. And he's struggling now, but he did pretty decently last year.  Tailed off at the end, but decent.  Larry had an ok scoring track record - but I think you can agree that his defense was not the strongest part of his game.

I was sad to see Larry go, but not because he wasn't replaceable - but because it was a sign of the lack of continuity and he didn't have to go. 

But right now... Larry's not making me fall in love again for the first time.  Tell him to be more efficient when you text him.

See the problem with the defense claim against Wright was Geno was the starting point guard playing over 30 minutes a game. I think we could all agree that Geno had trouble keeping dead people in front of him! Still played though! A LOT! WAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH! And he was pretty much allowed to jack up threes despite shooting 20 something % from there.
Just wait till we get into the BE and Hardy is playing 18 minutes becuase of his defense as we chug along scoring 65 points per game!

I know I've brought this up before but Geno hit into a triple play in intramural softball against my team.  I think that is enough to prove WASJU's theory that Geno couldn't possibly have been a terrific defender.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:26 PM »
The stats of my favorite player were misrepresented in this thread(lower) in an effort to make Michigan look comparable by comparision. ;D

They are:
9.0 ppg 3.2 rebs 1.5 asst
40% fg 53 ft% 38 3pt fg%

Expect the cream to rise to the top during conference play.  As it did last season.

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
The stats of my favorite player were misrepresented in this thread(lower) in an effort to make Michigan look comparable by comparision. ;D

They are:
9.0 ppg 3.2 rebs 1.5 asst
40% fg 53 ft% 38 3pt fg%

Expect the cream to rise to the top during conference play.  As it did last season.

I used ESPN, the stats must not have updated from the Kobe Bryant game.
BTW 53% from the line for a starting two guard is unacceptable!

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 10:44:04 AM »

That is bad.  He's better than that.  I know you like form and his form is good.  It'll improve.

Poison

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 10:54:56 AM »
What is this crap about Horne playing d?
Cornell lit us up from downtown. Hofstra's big guard torched him.

Either he starts scoring tonight, or a change needs to be made.

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

That is bad.  He's better than that.  I know you like form and his form is good.  It'll improve.

I like Horne as a player. I think you could put him on any team in the country as the first guard off the bench and he would do well! As a starting two, his shot is very flat and sort of a line drive. I know he shot well last year, but shooting a flat jumper is hard to be consistent! EVERYONE knows my preferance is to bench Gary Coleman, but if that is not an option, it would be best if Hardy and Horne reversed roles! 

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »
it would be best if Hardy and Horne reversed roles!

No Way!  You and Michael will change your tunes after he puts up multiple 20+ scoring games.

Starting your best athlete is usually good policy.

Foad

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »
What is this crap about Horne playing d?
Cornell lit us up from downtown.

Cornell forward Jon Jaques was 5 of 6 from 3. Cornell's two guards were a combined 4 of 6 from 3. Do you figure 2 for 3 from 3 is lighting it up?

Omari Lawrence should be the starting point guard. Phil Waite is good for 10 and 10. Dikembe Mutumbo had a great freshman year. Cornell's guards lit us up. Question: do you even watch basketball, or do you consider that secondary to pontificating about it.

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »
it would be best if Hardy and Horne reversed roles!

No Way!  You and Michael will change your tunes after he puts up multiple 20+ scoring games.

Starting your best athlete is usually good policy.

He won't score 20 this year!
This is not on Paris. He is certainly capable of scoring 20, but Norm seems intent on splitting his and Hardy's minutes as evenly as possible no matter how either is playing. Horne is not a 20 point in 20 minute guy, so I am predicting no 20 point games for him. Hardy will notch a couple, but not much more than that. You would thin on an offensively starved team the coach would figure out a way tp play two of his best three guys more minutes!

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 01:05:41 PM »
He won't score 20 this year!

Yes he will!  On multiple occasions.

Poison

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »
It was more than just the shooting,
there wasn't pressure on the ball
at either end of the court.

He sets the tone for the defense.
Horne is still valuable, but maybe we are
better off with Hardy playing 30-35 a game.