Dwight Hardy

• 59 replies
Re: Dwight Hardy
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
A NCAA run cause Norm is not going anywhere

You think Norm comes back no matter what next season..?

I do. WHat makes you think theyll get rid of him now? If they were to fire him, they would have done it already. How many years in a row are you guys gonna post this crap?

I asked a question I didn't make a statement.

Well, tell us what you think. Go out on a limb

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 01:21:06 PM »

Yes.

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »

I do. WHat makes you think theyll get rid of him now? If they were to fire him, they would have done it already. How many years in a row are you guys gonna post this crap?

I am going with the expectation that he needs to make the NCAA Tournament because the AD has said that is a reasonable goal this season.

I personally have no other thoughts because I would have fired him a couple of years ago due to his totaly failure on the recruiting front.

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »

15 wins or less he gets canned!

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 12:28:55 AM »

So we're in agreement.  He's staying no matter what.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »
I am going with the expectation that he needs to make the NCAA Tournament because the AD has said that is a reasonable goal this season.
Note that the AD was pressed into making a decisive statement.  It's not something he's advertised; in Monasch's head, that's not the expectation.

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »
Note that the AD was pressed into making a decisive statement.  It's not something he's advertised; in Monasch's head, that's not the expectation.

So you have heard Chris Monasch say otherwise either publically or privately..?

How do you know what was in his head..?

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 11:18:40 AM »

So we're in agreement.  He's staying no matter what.

Nope! Lack of offense is going to hurt us!

boo3

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »
  if he fails to make NCAA he's gone. Let someone else rebuild the team. Norm cannot be allowed to recruit 9 players in 1 1/2 years  with 0 NCAA appearances and not landing a top recruit ever.  if he makes it to the tourney , he's back. 

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2009, 11:25:14 AM »
If we go 4 and 14 Norm might have an issue.

But I just do not see that happening

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
  if he fails to make NCAA he's gone. Let someone else rebuild the team. Norm cannot be allowed to recruit 9 players in 1 1/2 years  with 0 NCAA appearances and not landing a top recruit ever.  if he makes it to the tourney , he's back.

That is how it should be, but it is not how it will be! I think anything over 15 brings him back. I had us at 14 wins before the season. I thought we would be 8-4 at this point, but the BE from what I have seen is better tham I thought it would be! Team will win between 15-17 games heading into BET IMO

Tha Kid

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »

That is how it should be, but it is not how it will be! I think anything over 15 brings him back. I had us at 14 wins before the season. I thought we would be 8-4 at this point, but the BE from what I have seen is better tham I thought it would be! Team will win between 15-17 games heading into BET IMO

First, there's no way we win 5 games!  We won more than that last year.  Come on WASJU.  I expect better analysis out of you.

Second,  If we win 15-16-17 I DEF think Norm is gone.  I think where it gets hazy is if we make the NIT they could talk about some progress bull.  I firmly believe if we don't make the NIT, Norm is gone.  It SHOULD be NCAA or bust.  I don't know if it will be.
"I drink and I know things"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 11:47:44 AM »

So you have heard Chris Monasch say otherwise either publically or privately..?

How do you know what was in his head..?
PMG.  How can you ask me that question without asking yourself that question?  We all know that they're not going to tell us the criteria they evaluate a coach on.  Most ADs and most schools do not do such a thing.  How do you know that's their criteria?  And "a reasonable goal" doesn't mean that NOT making the NCAAs is an actionable failure.

I will be more precise in my language for you: In Monasch's head, that is not NECESSARILY the expectation (instead, it's a reasonable goal, like raising  test scores a certain % is a reasonable goal for the Dept of Education).  To take a single radio interview where the AD was pressed to agree or disagree with "so the NCAAs are a reasonable expectation" (a paraphrase, I do not have the transcript in front of me) as some kind of gospel just seems a bit extreme to me; I don't believe it, and I think neither do you.  You're smarter than that and have seen the current administration in action.

Which makes your adherence to that statement as a bit of pot-stirring.  When I hear from "unnamed sources" or from the news reporters that Norm has to make the NCAAs, or if I see Father Harrington/ AD Monasch give one of their controlled interviews and release that kind of expectation, I'll take it more seriously.

But a guy muttering agreement on talk radio?  Come on, man. 

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »

First, there's no way we win 5 games!  We won more than that last year.  Come on WASJU.  I expect better analysis out of you.

Second,  If we win 15-16-17 I DEF think Norm is gone.  I think where it gets hazy is if we make the NIT they could talk about some progress bull.  I firmly believe if we don't make the NIT, Norm is gone.  It SHOULD be NCAA or bust.  I don't know if it will be.

See I don't get where becuase we won x amount last year we will win at least one more game this year? Other than Kennedy, all the returning players are actually playing worse! Well Gary Coleman is playing the same, but Evans and Horne are not playing nearly as well and Burrell was playing like Jasilonzxzxzxis before he got hurt. I like Brownlee and Hardy but for the most part our improvement will show up more in us not getting our doors bloown off more than in wins. I say we win about the same amount as last year, but avoid the blowouts. 16 or better he WILL be back!

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2009, 07:59:28 PM »

See I don't get where becuase we won x amount last year we will win at least one more game this year? Other than Kennedy, all the returning players are actually playing worse! Well Gary Coleman is playing the same, but Evans and Horne are not playing nearly as well and Burrell was playing like Jasilonzxzxzxis before he got hurt. I like Brownlee and Hardy but for the most part our improvement will show up more in us not getting our doors bloown off more than in wins. I say we win about the same amount as last year, but avoid the blowouts. 16 or better he WILL be back!

So the out of conference success (?) has forced you to up your crappy prediction of 14 wins to an easier to hit but still crappy prediction range of 15 - 17.  Face it...your sucktitude at predicting the team's record is only rivaled by your poor judgement of shooting guard talent.

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
THERE is no record that Norm's team could achieve that would get him FIRED!  He is the coach for the foreseeable future.

It's plain as the noses on your faces.

Foad

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
To take a single radio interview where the AD was pressed to agree or disagree with "so the NCAAs are a reasonable expectation" (a paraphrase, I do not have the transcript in front of me) as some kind of gospel just seems a bit extreme to me; I don't believe it, and I think neither do you.

Q: What would you have to see next year to think Norm was on target? What do you want to see in year six?

A: Making the NCAA is a reasonable goal.

Q: So next year the goal will be make the NCAA tournament.

A Yes.

http://www.wfan.com/pages/3891810.php?

Quoting a poster called "fun" on another board:

"That that platitudinous vagary -- I assume it's the goal of every team to make the NCAAs every year -- has morphed into a statement from Monasch that Norm will be fired unless he makes the tournament is fan board wishful thinking. And the idea that the fat slob Francesa is somehow going to hold Monasch's feet to the fire is absurd. In the interview Monasch also said he had a "lot of faith" in Norm and that Norm would be the coach "long term," both "next year "and "beyond." One statement is ignored and the other treated like Moses brought it down the mountain personally."

PS When arguing with Patricia avoid facts: they only serve to confuse and frighten her.

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »

So the out of conference success (?) has forced you to up your crappy prediction of 14 wins to an easier to hit but still crappy prediction range of 15 - 17.  Face it...your sucktitude at predicting the team's record is only rivaled by your poor judgement of shooting guard talent.

I was off by two games on the BEB prediction thread the last two years. This year I picked 14. I thought we would be 8-4 at this point, we are 10-2, so I am thinking the team wins 16 instead of my original 14. Pretty easy math, no need to be Will Hunting to figure it out! I think we are better, but we sucked last year! So I think the improvement will show in that we won' t get blown out nearly as much as we did previously. I think we win around the same amount as last year with much less blowouts!

Oh and here is a list of my favorite SJU shooting guards:
1. Mullin
2. Bootsy
3. Goodwin(though it was debateable if he was the two or Mullin)
4. Rowan
5. Porter
6. Lopez
7. Derrick Brown
8. Wright
9. Hardy
10. Horne
11-94  bunch of other guys
95. Avery Patterson

See I have very good taste in SJU shooting guards!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:26:54 PM by we are sju »

gonzalo

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2010, 02:36:17 AM »
Hardy played team-high 27 minutes yesterday.

A 5 on 1 scrimmage against Kobe Bryant is hardly a barometer of his minutes!

Hardy played more minutes against Georgetown than his average.

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 01:43:20 AM »

I was off by two games on the BEB prediction thread the last two years. This year I picked 14. I thought we would be 8-4 at this point, we are 10-2, so I am thinking the team wins 16 instead of my original 14. Pretty easy math, no need to be Will Hunting to figure it out! I think we are better, but we sucked last year! So I think the improvement will show in that we won' t get blown out nearly as much as we did previously. I think we win around the same amount as last year with much less blowouts!

Oh and here is a list of my favorite SJU shooting guards:
1. Mullin
2. Bootsy
3. Goodwin(though it was debateable if he was the two or Mullin)
4. Rowan
5. Porter
6. Lopez
7. Derrick Brown
8. Wright
9. Hardy
10. Horne
11-94  bunch of other guys
95. Avery Patterson

See I have very good taste in SJU shooting guards!

Here's hoping your predicting is once again not as good as mine this season. 

I've hit the win total last season and the 10 - 2 out of conference start this season spot on.  I'm on record for 9 - 9 in conference.

Your shooting guard list is Ok except that as you suspected, Goodwin was not a 2 but an athletic, high-rising 3 without much of a jumpshot who dunked and scored around the basket a la Willie Glass.

Plus, your list gets murky near the bottom.