Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent

• 70 replies
Re: Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 11:07:28 PM »
exactly, another post not bball related. you are the jester of the site(s) but you revel in it.

Ive forgotten more basketball than you'll pretend to ever know

And its bluto, not pluto. nice person

LJSA

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 12:41:10 AM »
That really was the most cowardly dodging of a question I've seen in a long time.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:39 AM »
ban baldi.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »
Nope!

I think you guys should try to waterboard Baldi to get him to ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 08:30:37 AM »
It's that time of year again. Feels familiar.

We take out our frustration on each other as opposed to the school.
Someone asked me if I'd send my kids to SJU.

My response: nof if it was free.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:31:37 AM by Poison »

Tha Kid

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »

Baldi, cut the bull. 

Are you personally satisfied with the job Norm has done so far on the court and w regards to recruiting?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Ive forgotten more basketball than you'll pretend to ever know

hahaahhha-this shows how stupid you really are. and you continue to avoid the question digging yourself a bigger whole and exposing even more so everyone can see.

and i thought you couldn't hit a new low but i was wrong.

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »

Baldi, cut the bull. 

Are you personally satisfied with the job Norm has done so far on the court and w regards to recruiting?

I do not think that Norm himself is satisfied with the results for the past 6 years, but it is not for a lack of trying.

I was disgusted after the Providence game, but I am not ready to give up on the season.

I am rooting so hard for Norm because in the long run I do think he is good for St. John's. But I also understand that College basketball is a results business and St. John's needs results at some point.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:48:31 AM by Red2395 »

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
I do not think that Norm himself is satisfied with the results for the past 6 years, but it is not for a lack of trying.

I was disgusted after the Providence game, but I am not ready to give up on the season.

I am rooting so hard for Norm because in the long run I do think he is good for St. John's. But I also unstand that College basketball is a results business and St. John's needs results at some point.

That ladies is the post of the month!

Tha Kid

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »

Baldi, cut the bull. 

I am rooting so hard for Norm because in the long run I do think he is good for St. John's. But I also understand that College basketball is a results business and St. John's needs results at some point.

No offense Red, but I don't think your opinion is any different than most posters here.  The reality is though, if you haven't been able to get recruits or learn how to coach properly by your 6th year, its probably never going to happen...at least at the Big East level.

I root for Norm and hope he succeeds too.  I just think the reality is, he is probably not going to.  No one is suggesting he is fired during the middle of the season, but based on past history, we all have a pretty good idea how the season will likely turn out.

I hope Norm and the team proves me wrong.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:23 AM »
It's that time of year again. Feels familiar.

We take out our frustration on each other as opposed to the school.

It's true.  (it's not a bad school to send your kids to. Even if they play ball.)

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 10:28:34 AM »
Nope!

I think you guys should try to waterboard Baldi to get him to ANSWER THE QUESTION.

For the record Bluto has admitted to me that Norm is a lousy coach. Really I don't think anyone disputes that. Bluto and GFAK's )or whatever he goes by here, Toad?) gimmick is to bother the masses who complain.Their point is he is the coach, so why bother complaining and just root for the team regardless of the guy standing on the sideline looking confused!

Foad

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »
Bluto and GFAK's )or whatever he goes by here, Toad?) gimmick is to bother the masses who complain.Their point is he is the coach, so why bother complaining and just root for the team regardless of the guy standing on the sideline looking confused!

I  can't speak for Baldi or GFAK, but that's not my point at all.  And regardless of what my point is or isn't, I'm pretty sure I express myself well enough so that I don't need someone whose idea of a compelling argument is an exclamation point to translate for me.

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
Bluto and GFAK's )or whatever he goes by here, Toad?) gimmick is to bother the masses who complain.Their point is he is the coach, so why bother complaining and just root for the team regardless of the guy standing on the sideline looking confused!

I  can't speak for Baldi or GFAK, but that's not my point at all.  And regardless of what my point is or isn't, I'm pretty sure I express myself well enough so that I don't need someone whose idea of a compelling argument is an exclamation point to translate for me.

Not a Seinfeld fan I guess! Much like Elaine Benes I think it is an often underused punctuation mark! I mostly threw you in there becuase now that I off BEB I figured I would drag you over here as much as possible! Not enough posters on this site have hit puberty yet! 

Poison

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
No one is funny on this site when we're losing at home by 15 to lowly Providence.

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »
How many times must I say this on these boards. We have no say in Norms firing,contract extension etc. The administration will do what they want to do whether you like it or not, thats a fact. So why sit here with your panties in a bunch? Of course I wish Norm had this team in the top half of the Big East a couple of years back, but its tough to make your mark in the Big East as an incoming coach. Few have succeeded, Jamie Dixon comes to mind
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:19:44 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »
I have to disagree with the headline...I believe there actually is enough talent on this team now.

But, it is the coaching. Norm was a sub-par head coach at Queens College and has been a sub-par coach at SJU. Witnessing first hand the Providence game convinced me.

1. JB1 in the backcourt, numerous times to break the press?
2. The "Stand Around and Deliver" Offense?
3. Lack of Boxing Out for rebounds...
4. Inability throughout his time here to put the dagger in the opponent...an opponent like Brown, St Bonnie, etc.

I used to be a Normie but now I can't even listen to the Red Storm radio ads on WFAN anymore.

The kids are good enough, what we lack is X and O intelligence. If Norm wants to save his job, he HAS to bring in an X and O guy...enough of the clowns like Braccia and Casey.

pmg911

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »
I have to disagree with the headline...I believe there actually is enough talent on this team now.

How can you say the talent is there when we are massively lacking at both point guard and center.?

Tha Kid

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »
How many times must I say this on these boards. We have no say in Norms firing,contract extension etc. The administration will do what they want to do whether you like it or not, thats a fact. So why sit here with your panties in a bunch? Of course I wish Norm had this team in the top half of the Big East a couple of years back, but its tough to make your mark in the Big East as an incoming coach. Few have succeeded, Jamie Dixon comes to mind

Norm is a 6th year coach now.  You sound like Norm with that post.

Cut the crap Baldi.  Are YOU happy with his performance in year 6, all factors you want to consider, considered?  Yes or No.

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »

Norm is a 6th year coach now.  You sound like Norm with that post.

Cut the crap Baldi.  Are YOU happy with his performance in year 6, all factors you want to consider, considered?  Yes or No.

No of course not, I wish we were undefeated. For some reason,  I think the best is yet to come for this years team. Hope Im right