Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent

• 70 replies
Re: Roberts hasn't brought in enough talent
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »

Thanks Baldi.

You prefer the new ro bars to the white plains bars, wasju?  I disagree!  Perhaps its different now.

Back then there were a couple clubs that only asked for College ID to get in. Also there was like 4 or 5 schools in the area(New Rochelle). Other than to go to the Galleria and one class, I never went to White Plains. Was pretty scuzzy back then if memory serves. Of course that was in the early 90's though maybe it changed?

Its changed big time!  I live in downtown White Plains now - its reallly nice - im walking distance from prob 10-15 bars and restautrants, ranging from ahole in the wall sports bar to as fancy and ritzy as you get.  Lots of good upscale sports bars and irish pubs which get great turn out ont he weekends.

They still have that Galleria?
Guy I worked with lives there now too. Loves it. In the early 90's I didn't think much of it. But remember my dorm was in Briarcliff Manor, so a lot of places looked scuzzy in comparison.

Yep they do.  Galleria is still kinda scuzzy ha ha, a lone holdover from your glory days!

Why were Pace's dorms in briarcliff manor?

They bought what used to be Briarcliff Community college and used the grounds for mostly Underclassman Dorms. Just was not enough room in Pleasantville. If I remember correctly there were two dorms in Pleasantville and the rest of the space was used for Town Houses. There were no classrooms in Briarcliff, so you were able to get away with more partying! Briarcliff Manor was very nice! To this day, I do not know how the very rich people of the town allowed Pace to use the setting for Dorms???

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
Went to Pace from 1980-1984..lived in Mens Dorm on the Pville Campus...played rugby and a founding father of Delta Kappa Epsilon. Also lived at Foley's, Michaels, and I forget the name of the other one..now called Paulies.

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
Went to Pace from 1980-1984..lived in Mens Dorm on the Pville Campus...played rugby and a founding father of Delta Kappa Epsilon. Also lived at Foley's, Michaels, and I forget the name of the other one..now called Paulies.

I was there in the early 90's. Couldn't get into Foley's and Michaels until late in my Soph year when I was finally able to acquire a suitable fake ID. Don't remember a third bar?

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2010, 04:51:34 PM »
Lock Stock and Barrell...in my day i think it was $3 pitchers...and they would cash your paycheck too. Go in with $10, drink all night and come home w/change in your pocket...unless you went to the diner afterwards.

Drinking age was 18...we had great fraternity parties...mixed drink toga was a big spring party. sold invites for $5 and people would then be able to drink free at the party all night.

No party was complete until the police or campus security was called

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
Was back at Pace last semester for our DKE Scumni v Actives hoop game. The new athletic center looks awesome. But in typical DKE fashion, we didn't properly follow instructions so the game ended up back at Wilcox. Still, never saw the gym look that good, floor was in great shape. Afterwards, went to an off campus house and we had a blast.

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2010, 11:09:30 PM »
i worked at WRNW in briarcliff manor in '79-'80...(obviously) was their on-air newsman.  pace had the classiest and best looking girls back then.

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »
Lock Stock and Barrell...in my day i think it was $3 pitchers...and they would cash your paycheck too. Go in with $10, drink all night and come home w/change in your pocket...unless you went to the diner afterwards.

Drinking age was 18...we had great fraternity parties...mixed drink toga was a big spring party. sold invites for $5 and people would then be able to drink free at the party all night.

No party was complete until the police or campus security was called

18 WOW. My GPA would have been a Blutarsky 0.0.
I remember Lock Stock now, that was around the corner from Foley's right? Where was Michaels then? Was that on the same street? A lot of bars in my 37 years and they are all starting to blend into one another.
Bunch of my friends were in TKE, but I never pledged. Haven't been back to Pace in almost 10 years.

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:02 PM »
Drinking age was 18 for all of us born in '62 or earlier (might have been '63 but I know it's not '64 since my sister always complained that I had 18 and she had 21).   Hold on for a second . . .

Okay, called my wife as she was '63 and it was 18 for her so her's was the last year.

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
Drinking age was 18 for all of us born in '62 or earlier (might have been '63 but I know it's not '64 since my sister always complained that I had 18 and she had 21).   Hold on for a second . . .

Okay, called my wife as she was '63 and it was 18 for her so her's was the last year.

That must have really sucked for the people turning 18 the year it changed to 21! Is actually ridiculous that you can go to war, drive a car, get married, have kids but not buy a budweiser!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:28:15 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
Lock Stock and Foleys were around the corner from each other...Michaels was up the road, driving distance. We always had the Miller rep in our fraternity so kegs came cheap.

My GPA was Blutarsky-like, especially after graduating from Chaminade, I went nuts at Pace...a four year vacation...had a great time.

Lock Stock used to host the Greek Olympics indoor events in our day...air band competition, etc. Foleys used to sponser the hockey team and we had our rugby post-season party there.

In the mid eighties, it was just DKE and AXE and a couple of sororities. The chicks would make dinners or "beer and ice cream" parties.

If you live in the area, kill an afternoon and make a drive over there, like I said the new athletic center is pretty impressive.

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »
Lock Stock and Foleys were around the corner from each other...Michaels was up the road, driving distance. We always had the Miller rep in our fraternity so kegs came cheap.

My GPA was Blutarsky-like, especially after graduating from Chaminade, I went nuts at Pace...a four year vacation...had a great time.

Lock Stock used to host the Greek Olympics indoor events in our day...air band competition, etc. Foleys used to sponser the hockey team and we had our rugby post-season party there.

In the mid eighties, it was just DKE and AXE and a couple of sororities. The chicks would make dinners or "beer and ice cream" parties.

If you live in the area, kill an afternoon and make a drive over there, like I said the new athletic center is pretty impressive.

See now I don't remember Michael's as I must have confused it with Lock Stock. But again, the hazy memory is at play.

While I was there I think TKE and DKE were the big Frats and AXE-no offense to any members- at the time was sort of a geeky frat.

I am about an hour away, but as you know the saying was, at least while I was there "Pace, you can get there from here."
Will take my son up there in a couple years when he is older. I have visited a lot of schools and I still say Pace's campus was one of the nicest!