Whats the deal with the Injuries?

• 25 replies
Whats the deal with the Injuries?
« on: November 29, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »
Mase, Tomas, and LW all are starting off the season with injuries...whats the deal? is this just bad luck? I thought we hired some new trainer? if so hes not starting off on the right foot

Re: Whats the deal with the Injuries?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
we hired a new strength and conditioning coach still same old trainer...yes bad luck
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 04:30:36 PM »
It is the curse of the "Redmen"

this team will have no GOOD luck until they change their name back to the Redmen

Contrary to popular belief, the Native American people and all their ancestors, ACTUALLY SUPPORTED the idea of St. John's using the Redmen as their nickname and a Chief as our mascot. Until we get rid of "RedStorm" (The only good thing about the Red Storm was our former mascot Thunder) and go back to our true name, the spirits of these Native American tribes will continue to haunt us with bad luck for all of eternity. Considering I don't see this happening anytime soon, there will always be a "Cloud" of BAD luck hanging over this program.    ;D

Poison

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »
we hired a new strength and conditioning coach still same old trainer...yes bad luck

Did we hire that guy who used to work for the Yankees?

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
Brian Macname?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

redstorm32

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »
its not the trainers

linfonte has been there for like 56 years and is one of the top trainers in the country

dixon is a great young sterength coach who has done wonders in the weight gain/loss department for larry, mase, cav, geno and the rest of the squad

its really just bad luck and rushing mase back from injury

hopefully mase really tighthens his shoes from now on out

nrb155

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 06:51:51 PM »
jungle fever you took the words right out of my mouth...

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
Look at my football team - USC. They have big bucks, hire the very best trainers and from pre-season to just a couple of weeks ago injuries have swept through the lineup like the bubonic plague of the 14th century. No team, I'm afraid, is immune. Thank God we've finally got enough depth to see our way through this and bounce back. I think it's just bad luck rather than any nefarious curse. USC - thought lost for the whole season - plays UCLA for a Rose Bowl berth on Saturday afternoon. Fight on Trojans and Go Redmen against the infernal Hurricanes!

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 01:24:48 PM »
an ankle is one thing.  some of the injuries are the result of wrong conditioning.  maybe linfonte should join rutledge on the golf course.

redstorm32

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
what injuries have occured this year that are a result of linfonte not doing a good job?
mase turning his ankle because he doesnt lace hius shoes all the way
larry wright bruising his hip after banging it
tomas' knee tendenitis

yea you're right linfonte has been terrible and is the reason for these injuries

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 01:47:56 PM »
an ankle is one thing.  some of the injuries are the result of wrong conditioning.  maybe linfonte should join rutledge on the golf course.

u really are "hysterical" krusty... the ONLY injury remotely related to "conditioning" is maybe Jasilonis. he "hypothetically" could have hurt his knee lifting too much weight or using the wrong technique. both of which i doubt because Dixon knows his sh*t..  ;D .. wright taking a spill onto his side/hip & mase twice twisting an ankle on someones foot have NOTHING to do with "conditioning" genius.. ::) .. plus, everyone knows Linfonte is one of the BEST around.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:29:44 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 03:46:37 PM »
most injuries come from improper training.  maybe mase was too winded to realize he was coming down on someone's foot.

maybe scotch should join rutledge and linfonte on the golf course. :o

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 11:38:57 PM »
most injuries come from improper training.  maybe mase was too winded to realize he was coming down on someone's foot.

I agree with this to an extent, at the beginning of the season these injuries should not be happening so frequently...coming into the season you should be better prepared to prevent situations like these as much as possible..especially with your supposed best player

redstorm32

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 12:58:08 AM »
you cant be serious

what can you do to prevent spraining your ankle

you jump up and land on someones foot you roll your ankle thats not the trainers fault especially when mase tapes his ankles and wears braces

linfonte is one the best trainers in the country stop finding a new scapegoat because the team is 4-0 and coach roberts has done a pretty decent job so far

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 01:05:31 AM »

I agree with this to an extent, at the beginning of the season these injuries should not be happening so frequently...coming into the season you should be better prepared to prevent situations like these as much as possible.. especially with your supposed best player.

Are u two for real with this NONSENSE?..  ;D .. Tell me, just how was the training staff going to "prevent" Mase from rolling his ankle after twice coming down on an opposing players foot?..  ::) .. Get a grip gents... btw - actually it might be time for u krusty/newsie to join ur "buddy" Jarvis at the track..  ;) .. peace!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 01:11:02 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

redstorm32

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 09:09:34 PM »
the only thing coach roberts and the team did wrong with mase was basically playing him too many minutes in a row

mase deff needed to get 20 minutes but perhaps the minutes should have been spread throughout the whole game and not just the 1st half

3 minutes here 5 mintes there

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »
the only thing coach roberts and the team did wrong with mase was basically playing him too many minutes in a row

mase deff needed to get 20 minutes but perhaps the minutes should have been spread throughout the whole game and not just the 1st half

3 minutes here 5 mintes there

what does that have to do with anything with his injury...he landed on someone's foot...maybe that happens the first 30 seconds he steps in the game...its bad luck...
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

redstorm32

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »
i know its bad luck but thats still the way mase should have been handled

kjd01067

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 11:38:55 AM »
Reading over this thread made me laugh!  You are ignorant if you think its the trainers or strength coaches fault that we have injuries.  Injuries happen!  Look at any team in college or even high school for that matter and you will find the same injuries.  If we had kids pulling their hamstrings or groins that would be something different but come on guys!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 11:44:47 AM »
  If we had kids pulling their hamstrings or groins that would be something different but come on guys!

Agree 100%