Burrell

• 32 replies

Poison

Re: Burrell
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:08 PM »
I don't think we have one soft player on the roster.
What we have is upperclassmen that don't know what they're doing.

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »
I agree with that last post by poison.  We do not know what we are doing out there.  We make the same mistakes over and over and it always at a crucial point.  Case in point, we are up 3 w/ the ball going into the half against Nova.  We have time outs and evans gets trapped.  Instead of using a t.o smartly for once and calling it, we throw the ball away.  Next nova possession they score and cut the lead to one going into the break.  I am not saying that cost us the game but we see these mistakes game in and game out. 

We are also the worst team i have ever seen on a fast break.  We either miss shots or my favorite a charging call that ruins momentum.   

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
that WAS funny KOB.  maybe justin should threaten the selfish guys the way jayson williams did.  jayson wanted to be the man...

Thats what I been sayin. If you want the ball, DEMAND it!

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 10:16:13 PM »
I agree with that last post by poison.  We do not know what we are doing out there.  We make the same mistakes over and over and it always at a crucial point.  Case in point, we are up 3 w/ the ball going into the half against Nova.  We have time outs and evans gets trapped.  Instead of using a t.o smartly for once and calling it, we throw the ball away.  Next nova possession they score and cut the lead to one going into the break.  I am not saying that cost us the game but we see these mistakes game in and game out. 

We are also the worst team i have ever seen on a fast break.  We either miss shots or my favorite a charging call that ruins momentum.

These are all the basics of basketball that should be learned way before college. That being said, alot of these problems would go away had we had a starting PG

kob24

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:46 PM »
he has demanded it. u want him during a play to walk up to malik swipe the ball away from him and proceed to walk to the paint then post his man???????? none of our bigs get the ball in the post. hence sean evans going coast to coast hence brownlee shooting a bad shot.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »
he has demanded it. u want him during a play to walk up to malik swipe the ball away from him and proceed to walk to the paint then post his man???????? none of our bigs get the ball in the post. hence sean evans going coast to coast hence brownlee shooting a bad shot.

Tell him to grab at least 7 boards for the next 3 or 4 games then he would have a legit reason to gripe! Kob, with the way this team shoots 4 or 5 guys should be averaging 7 boards a game. Though becuase of TO's and our awful offense there is not a lot of possesions.

On second thought please tell Justin to start stealing the ball from Arnold. That would be the single greatest thing I can think of outside of throwing Norm off the bench and taking over as coach.

kob24

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
i have kept my mouth shut this season. but u know what i will try to motiavate him to grab at least 8 boards the next 3 games. but wasju he doesnt complain about not scoring. the fans complain more than him. its just the fact of them thinking if he demands it he will get it is like them demanding a new coach and they will get it...... aint happening

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 12:30:05 AM »
whatever you said...it worked against pitt.

kob24

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 12:58:02 AM »
no he only got 7 i told him 8

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 02:18:46 AM »
he didn't play 40 minutes either.  i'll take seven.

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »
Justin did a fantastic job against pitt.  Was aggressive both shooting and going after boards. Norm is still a f ing nice person about subs and rotations, but justin did his thing. If he keeps doing this, scouts will see his potential regardless of what norm does. Hopefully justin realizes this.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:38 AM »
no he only got 7 i told him 8

He played well. But that is the reason people get frustrated with him. I do not see any reason why he should not AVERAGE 13 or 14 points and 7 or 8 boards.

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »
Justin did a fantastic job against pitt.  Was aggressive both shooting and going after boards. Norm is still a f ing nice person about subs and rotations, but justin did his thing. If he keeps doing this, scouts will see his potential regardless of what norm does. Hopefully justin realizes this.

If a player makes 5/7 and as a team we shoot 30%, you'd think the strategy would be to get him more shots...especially in a low scoring game.

Norm is just a rah-tard. Allan said it best in "The Hangover."