« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »
St.J 70
RU 62

Re: Rutgers Predictions...
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
Jeff Allen 70
Bill Clarke 64

who are they?
Poison..Jeff Allen is a center who played in the early 80's who transferred from Rutgers to St.John's Bill Clarke was a reserve on RU's final four team who transferrd from St. John's.  A bit mor obscure than Mkras' Duke transfer reference but fun for us old guys

Poison

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
Jpm, thanks, and impressive.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
The school is doing a road trip for the game, 100 students are going to the RAC, myself included.

I'm not sure how I feel. Like many others, I kind of want to lose, especially to a team like Rutgers, cause I just have a gut feeling that the admin won't retain Norm if this keeps up. However, once the game starts I just never have it in me to not root for them to win. The losses just don't hurt anymore.

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
The school is doing a road trip for the game, 100 students are going to the RAC, myself included.

I'm not sure how I feel. Like many others, I kind of want to lose, especially to a team like Rutgers, cause I just have a gut feeling that the admin won't retain Norm if this keeps up. However, once the game starts I just never have it in me to not root for them to win. The losses just don't hurt anymore.

You are about five years late.  It's kids like you why he is here this year.  How about a "Fire Norm" chant or are the students still too spineless?

Worst student section in the history of St. John's basketball....

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »

You are about five years late.  It's kids like you why he is here this year.  How about a "Fire Norm" chant or are the students still too spineless?

lol you're right, its the students fault that norm is still the coach...give me a break bro, this argument has been had over and over, im not getting into it again...

and incase you didnt know, the students did chant "norm must go" during the nova game, and we were right next to the st johns bench...the students have chanted for norm to be fired multiple times

the attendance for the games is downright pathetic...if all the losing, the dwindling attendance, lack of getting recruits, etc, hasnt brought the administration to fire norm, i guess the only logical thing to do is blame the students for being college students....nothing the students do will get norm canned, you just want another person to blame for him not getting canned

everybody likes to blame someone, but ive yet to see anyone actually step up and do something about getting norm fired...instead of complaining about the students marillac, why dont you try organizing a rally for the brandon tierney show?

boo3

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »

Its Father Harrington's fault Norm is still here, no one elses.  What Boooooothe said.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 01:05:13 PM »
Bill Mitaritonna 71
Andrew Kobalsavsky 66

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
2nd worst coach in the Big East 69

Worst coach in the Big East 63

Who do you feel will win the game?

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 02:59:25 PM »
If we lose tonight, I truly believe Norm won't recover.
I agree.
It's reminiscent of two older boxers fighting with the knowledge that the loser may indeed be looking for another line of work.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 03:11:48 PM »
Why do people think a loss tonight would mean the end of Roberts?

The Admin has ignored this program and it's fan base since Norm started.
It's downright pathetic.

I blame the students for not going to games. But if you want to point a finger at the group most responsible, it's the alumni.

The students at SJU aren't allowed to say whatever they want, and if they do, they'll just be removed. Boooooothe is right, they did start a Norm must go chant, but the only problem is that it came during a ten point loss to the #4 team in the nation.

Calling for his head at a game is classless, and it hurts the kids are playing for us. Justin Burrell needs to focus on the damn game. He has enough trouble without the students calling for Norm during the game.

No one goes to our games anymore. Our fans have shown their true colors.

The only way a change will be made now is if the lifeblood is cut off.
Stop giving, and stick to it. Are there other parts of SJU that are worth donating money to? Yes, but show some spine, and don't.

Consider this: Harry is holding your program hostage, and in this country,
we don't negotiate with terrorists.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:16:24 PM by Poison »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
poison makes good points.  I don't think anyone but the administration holds the keys to the team's coach, but if any pressure's going to come, it has to come from alumni.  And even then, there obviously hasn't been enough of an effect to make them do anything.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
What ever i happens i hope this game is over by halftime b/c LOST starts at 8. I can't make a reasonable argument for watching these two teams over the final season of LOST, so i will switch at the half

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 06:44:43 PM »
What ever i happens i hope this game is over by halftime b/c LOST starts at 8. I can't make a reasonable argument for watching these two teams over the final season of LOST, so i will switch at the half

8pm is just the recap show.  If you're a true fan you don't really need it.

boo3

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
  I like the re-caps,  with the pop up commentary.  Usually learn something new.  I guess i'm not a true fan then. :'(    STJ- RU  is not even close to peaking much interest from me tonight.  I wish i cared more.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »

Ive never seen 1 episode of Lost. Is it worth picking up the DVD set and starting from beginning?

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »
  I like the re-caps,  with the pop up commentary.  Usually learn something new.  I guess i'm not a true fan then. :'(    STJ- RU  is not even close to peaking much interest from me tonight.  I wish i cared more.

Hey, it's easy for me to say for a few reasons. 

First, I live in LA, I can watch both. 

Second, Juliet's first boyfriend and Friendly's sidekick Goodwin was my daughters softball all star team assistant coach one year and Sun's father is a real estate agent in my neighborhood who comes door to door once a month just to catch up and try and get me to sell so we get inside information out here.  ;)

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 06:53:46 PM »

Ive never seen 1 episode of Lost. Is it worth picking up the DVD set and starting from beginning?

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm not sure it's for you.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm not sure it's for you.

Ya I figured it was a queer chick show
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:56:54 PM by Marco Baldi »

boo3

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »

YES!