News Break...Post game fight in Taffner

• 69 replies
Re: News Break...Post game fight in Taffner
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:01 AM »
"Kennedy grew up in the tough Hill district in Pittsburgh but has never been in any trouble at St. John’s."

What kind of statement is that? Really what is he trying to say there?

Lenn has his lips all over Norm's butt but then he makes a questionable statement like this about a kid? Wow
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
"Kennedy grew up in the tough Hill district in Pittsburgh but has never been in any trouble at St. John’s."

What kind of statement is that? Really what is he trying to say there?

Lenn has his lips all over Norm's butt but then he makes a questionable statement like this about a kid? Wow

It reeks of racism.

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »
I heard Kennedy threw a punch but got blocked and that Evans was dancing around. Everybody else stood around and watched

Poison

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »
If DJ threw a punch that would be the 2nd fight in as many years.
He's frustrated, and we can all understand that, but he's got to keep his composure.

This really upsets me. That a fan would heckle our one good player. DJ is doing the best he can. He's not going to take over every game. It's not his thing. Fans need to show more class. He's an amateur.

Go heckle the Knicks. They've earned the abuse.

kob24

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
wasju justin is nuts. i mean freaking crazy i have gotten into 2 fights with him. and i get into fights every month because of my job. if there is two players i would want with me if we get into a fight with the crowd it would be justin and malik. one because malik is freaking strong as hell and two because justin be throwing haymakers just to take ur head off. ive seen it first hand

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »
I heard Kennedy threw a punch but got blocked and that Evans was dancing around. Everybody else stood around and watched

this is a joke btw

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »
wasju justin is nuts. i mean freaking crazy i have gotten into 2 fights with him. and i get into fights every month because of my job. if there is two players i would want with me if we get into a fight with the crowd it would be justin and malik. one because malik is freaking strong as hell and two because justin be throwing haymakers just to take ur head off. ive seen it first hand

Coker is a beast. He might rib an arm off and beat you with it

Poison

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »

Not funny.

Foad

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
DJ is doing the best he can.

I agree that heckling teenagers is stupid. But if DJ had merely phoned it in yesterday he'd have played better than he did. He played like he had money on the Hall.

kob24

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
coker is a lover not a fighter

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »

Not funny.

Lightin up Francis

Poison

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »

I agree that heckling teenagers is stupid. But if DJ had merely phoned it in yesterday he'd have played better than he did. He played like he had money on the Hall.

Who played well yesterday? Why single out DJ? Because he's the best we got?

Foad

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »

Who played well yesterday?

Evans and Boothe.

Why single out DJ? Because he's the best we got?

He's the player being discussed in this thread, so I'm discussing him. See, you mentioned him, and then in responding to your post, I mentioned him as well. It's not so much singling him out as social intercourse.

He was awful yesterday. He made a jump shot 10 seconds in and missed his shots for the next 39 plus minutes. He played atrocious defense. The ball went through his hands. He didn't hustle. It happens. I'm not suggesting he deserves to be tarred and feathered. I'm just mentioning that he stank. If it makes it more palatable to you, he stank also.

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »

Who played well yesterday?

Evans and Boothe.

Why single out DJ? Because he's the best we got?

He's the player being discussed in this thread, so I'm discussing him. See, you mentioned him, and then in responding to your post, I mentioned him as well. It's not so much singling him out as social intercourse.

He was awful yesterday. He made a jump shot 10 seconds in and missed his shots for the next 39 plus minutes. He played atrocious defense. The ball went through his hands. He didn't hustle. It happens. I'm not suggesting he deserves to be tarred and feathered. I'm just mentioning that he stank. If it makes it more palatable to you, he stank also.

Just make sure you practice safe social intercourse :D

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

Kob I pretty much based my post on nothing. Was just kidding around.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:49:54 PM by we are sju »

Marillac

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
hmmm if it was a "verbal" altercation, i dont see either of them getting suspended for it.

I wouldn't expect any different.  Basketball players can't fight.  Remember the joke that was the Knick-Heat scuffles?  They looked like a dance video met a slap boxing match.  How about Melo throwing a punch and then RUNNING away?

MAYBE 1/10 basketball players actually know how to fight for real.  It takes no courage to dance aroun and yell ish or throw one punch to somebody not looking. 

Foad

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
hmmm if it was a "verbal" altercation, i dont see either of them getting suspended for it.

I wouldn't expect any different.  Basketball players can't fight.  Remember the joke that was the Knick-Heat scuffles?  They looked like a dance video met a slap boxing match.  How about Melo throwing a punch and then RUNNING away?

MAYBE 1/10 basketball players actually know how to fight for real.  It takes no courage to dance aroun and yell ish or throw one punch to somebody not looking.

NBA Amazing: Where "The Punch Happened"

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
Yo I love this site.
But it seem a lil inaccurate to put this here subject up as a "Fight" when they was no real physical altercation. If y'all can change it, maybe its best you do.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
Most interesting post on this thread.
I'd go with Burrell and Evans.

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »
a "fight" doesnt have to be physical, by definition.  even if it was verbal, it can be defined as a fight.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap