Sean Evans

• 22 replies
Sean Evans
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
Ok, seriously...WTF?  You know, I've seen guys blow dunks like that,but I can not ever remember someone missing a layup like that. I still don't understand how that can happen, and the worst part about it all is that you knew he was going to miss.

Re: Sean Evans
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
He took off from the foul line for a dunk and then realized he's not Michael Jordan.  At that point he panicked and tried to lay it in.  I knew that was gonna be the difference in the game.  That's just our luck.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:17:35 PM »
we missed about 4 layups this game.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »
i was at the game, and from what i can tell (maybe im wrong, and i didnt see a replay yet), he was indecisive in mid-air as to whether to dunk the ball or lay it up and just blew it.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:50:49 PM »
i was at the game, and from what i can tell (maybe im wrong, and i didnt see a replay yet), he was indecisive in mid-air as to whether to dunk the ball or lay it up and just blew it.

yep, just saw the replay on SNY.  He jumped from the foul line for some reason, perhaps thinking he was super human and then realized he didnt have enough distance and couldn't adjust.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »
it was unbelievable to watch in CA...everyone was in shock

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 11:54:42 PM »
I just dont understand how this can happen to any player who plays above high school bball.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:55:08 PM by Mparty7441 »

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »
hes not a division 1 player. He has no low post game, no jump shot, cant make free throws, cant make layups, even wide open ones. he positions himself under the backboard every time..i played with a kid in middle school who always did that. Kid works hard but doesnt belong on a big east roster.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »
hes not a division 1 player. He has no low post game, no jump shot, cant make free throws, cant make layups, even wide open ones. he positions himself under the backboard every time..i played with a kid in middle school who always did that. Kid works hard but doesnt belong on a big east roster.

Look, to say he's not a D-1 player is absolutely ridiculous.  The kid almost averaged a double-double last year, if he had a better coach he would be an absolute monster.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 12:59:05 AM »
players develop their own skills...no coaches..coaches guide them along and create systems so that their talent can thrive in it. He has no low post moves, no passing skills, no touch whatsoever on his jumpshot, no handle. His big body and strength gets him by. Seen a lot better players get passed up by D-1 schools and had to settle for a d-2 program.

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 01:10:49 AM »
players develop their own skills...no coaches..coaches guide them along and create systems so that their talent can thrive in it. He has no low post moves, no passing skills, no touch whatsoever on his jumpshot, no handle. His big body and strength gets him by. Seen a lot better players get passed up by D-1 schools and had to settle for a d-2 program.

so you don't think Sean Evans would be a legitimate starter on a MAAC team??

jeeze, i knock the guy quite a bit, but even i think hes a D1 player
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 01:15:35 AM »
accoridng to rivals and scout...we were the only team to recruit him...maybe im wrong..but ill make assumptions off of that..guess MAAC teams passed up on him as well

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 01:18:14 AM »
he's a division 1 player.  there's no debate.  i wish i had a dime for every blown dunk i saw over the years.  it happens.

i thought that was the dagger...but the game was 45 minutes long...there were plenty of other missed shots that cost us.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 01:38:37 AM »
he's a division 1 player.  there's no debate.  i wish i had a dime for every blown dunk i saw over the years.  it happens.

i thought that was the dagger...but the game was 45 minutes long...there were plenty of other missed shots that cost us.

I thought Hardy's missed layup hurt us more

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 01:42:07 AM »
This was a HUGE turning point in the game this would have put us up by 6 instead they got the ball. I was ready for sportcenter and shank! Its just inexcusable.

Sean is a good player. He offers a lot of valuable things to a team but as much as he is an asset he is also a deficit. His IQ needs to improve and needs to learn what he has to do and what he simply shouldn't do.

In the first half he smoked Hayward right to the basket. BEAUTIFUL! He has a quicker first step than most guys his size. He also had at least 2 ill advised shots outside of the paint that made everyone go doh! Even these student chicks sitting behind me knew what Sean was and wasn't capable of.

If Sean worked on his outside J non stop in the offseason and improved then he'd be whoa but until then he needs to sit until he figures stuff out. Like I said before he offers a lot of good things but his +/- is just too - sometimes.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 02:50:24 AM »
what??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sjd8886

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 03:09:15 AM »
i havent seen the play but just bc the kid is a jackass doesnt mean hes not a d1 player...come on man, evans was our best player at points in the past...and btw, good to see burrell playing well again...kid was playing so soft and with so little intensity for so long...would love to know what turned him around...and i didnt see much of the game, was catching up on work all night, but i turned it on in time to see enough to kinda get a feel for the game lol...i saw two blown layups, malik boothe driving to the lane (as i pondered as to what way he was going to make an ass outta himself) and then get blocked, and i saw 3 offensive rebounds on one possession from marquette...well, we're in 13th place right, we might finish in 15th...heres to the new coach, whoever u may be sir

sjd8886

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 03:11:18 AM »

...ummm, sure  ::)

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »
2 points 6 rebounds 1-6 from the field..0 FT attempts and got blocked by a 6-5 player....

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 03:55:14 PM »
Evans should be a role player not a starter.  He can not defend the big men and he has no offensive skills whatsoever.  He is out of control half the time and cant shoot.  He is a guy that should be brought in for a spark not be on the court for tip off.