Two more wins

• 19 replies
Two more wins
« on: March 01, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »
That is what Norm needs to have a shot to come back IMO. Now we could lose the final two games and our BET game and he could still come back. But I think that would be a death blow to the program and all but announce that basketball is a joke at SJU. I think 17 wins could be spun HOWEVER. At least to the dopes in the media. So I am thinking Norm needs a win at Depaul since Cuse is going to prison rape us, and in the first round of the BET.

Re: Two more wins
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »
It's over.  Norm's gone.  Leave the guy alone.   :'(

Poison

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »

We don't know that yet.

Why underestimate terrorists?

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

We don't know that yet.

Sorry, but what´s the relation between our Coach and terrorists?

Poison

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »

We don't know that yet.

Sorry, but what´s the relation between our Coach and terrorists?

I wasn't referring to our coach. Harrington is the guy who's been terrorizing the program since he fired Jarvis.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »
Norm is gone. 

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
Norm is gone.

NO ONE can definitively say what Harrington might or might not do!

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »

Poison

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 03:19:12 PM »
Norm is gone.

And that is why to truly fix the program, he must be removed first.

sjd8886

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
we'll prob beat depaul but i wouldnt be surprised if we get whipped by cuse by 25...unlike the headline on the homepage says, we can not catch cuse in the "glow" of their win over nova...no way this team isnt coming in on a mission this late in the season against anyone...boeheim may not care about a #1 ranking but he cares about a 1 seed, and losing to a team 13th in the conference needless to say, isnt helping...and beating depaul isnt helping norm either...nothing short two wins in the big east tournament is helping him keep his job...knowing this douche admin, that'll be amazing progress and norm will get another 4 years to continue to build his dynasty

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »
Objectively, no one can refute notion that Norm should be let go. I believe, even Harrington, has to see Roberts has not evidenced an ability to lead a D1 program and at least be competitive. That means competing for a chance at being in the top 1/3 of the league. That said, if FH chooses to keep Norm, I think we should move on to other interests. That comes from a member of the class of 69 and an avid fan of the program since the Tony Jackson/Alan Seiden days.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »
If we dont make the NIT I cant see how Norm is back. We would have to to win out and get to the Semis for that to happen. He is gone!!!!

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »
Norm is gone.

This is true, but I believe it's sealed.  There are so many things that have gone on that haven't in the past.  The players are irrated, Norm's body language/responses have become defensive, we have no excuses, etc. 

I'm almost positive he's gone.  Then again, I was the same way last year until I ran into someone as connected to Harrignton as it gets at a family party and that person looked me in the eye for 20 mins telling me how he 100% honestly thought Norm was doing well and was the man for the job.   I almost threw up. 

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
i would have bet my left nut two years ago that norm would be gone back then.

nothing surprises me after that.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 12:48:35 AM »
i have to say a win tomm vs #1 (even though highly unlikely), for ME at least would make up for this miserable season.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 01:15:39 AM »
i have to say a win tomm vs #1 (even though highly unlikely), for ME at least would make up for this miserable season.

How so? You're basically saying, they could be 1-29 every season but if that one win was against a #1 team in the BE, then its ok.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:33:24 AM »

i cant help but agree, i really hate cuse
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:34:03 AM by Glockinfora »

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 02:58:50 AM »

How so? You're basically saying, they could be 1-29 every season but if that one win was against a #1 team in the BE, then its ok.
not every season, i said 'this' miserable season. also its not just the #1 team in the BE, but the #1 team in the country.

Tha Kid

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 07:28:25 AM »

No offense buckeye, but as a st johns fan don't you have a little more pride than being cool w a season where we aren't even on the ncaa bubble provided we beat #1 at some point in the season?
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »

No offense buckeye, but as a st johns fan don't you have a little more pride than being cool w a season where we aren't even on the ncaa bubble provided we beat #1 at some point in the season?

Kid, how is Syracuse number 1? I thought they were supposed to suck?