Thinking outside the box

• 9 replies
Thinking outside the box
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »
I am throwing Mike Deane's name into the ring. Though he has struggled lately and was recently fired, he has enjoyed much more success than Norm and would come cheap. At the very least his post game interviews would be highly entertaining. He is a funny guy.  Other things going for him are he looks exactly like the Eagle from the Muppet show and he is a big time drinker. Sat at the next table from him at a restaurant and he was pounding. In addition to being a terrible coach Norm is boring and probably a lightweight. I see him drinking white wine spritzers or something.
The only problem would be if Dean would be willing to come here. Wagner College has a very pretty campus and going from there to ST John's might not be appealing to him.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Thinking outside the box
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
He got fired yesterday or today, so he's free to come!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »
if norm had a great record here and he was moving on to coach kansas or its equivalent, you could take the risk.

why would you take a chance of getting another five years of garbage hoops?

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:49:24 PM »
Damn when I saw the title of the thread " thinking outside the box " I was thinking it was about Norm designing plays coming out of timeouts

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 10:12:03 PM »
I believe he was the Siena coach when I was attending SUNY Albany. They had some good teams back then. They had a small pt guard who could score (Marc Brown). One of the best college basketball games i ever went to was Siena Pitt at the Pepsi Arena (i know i need to get to more college games lol). Went to OT and both teams hit big shots down the stretch.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
if norm had a great record here and he was moving on to coach kansas or its equivalent, you could take the risk.

why would you take a chance of getting another five years of garbage hoops?

I am pretty sure Norm is going to retire here or if not the admin won't make a decent hire. Since we are going to suck forever why not have an entertaining coach.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
when I was attending SUNY Albany.

Go Danes!

Poison

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
Damn when I saw the title of the thread " thinking outside the box " I was thinking it was about Norm designing plays coming out of timeouts

This play is called the "statue"

Paris, you inbound the ball to Malik.

Malik you stand at the top of the key, and dribble the ball for 32 seconds.

Everyone else, freeze.

When the shot clock hits 32, begin freelancing.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
This outside the box crap is ridiculous.

Think inside the box:

Spend money:  Donovan or Pitino
Limited funds:  Fran Mcaffrey

If a toilet does a good job, why think outside the box to install some outhouse-like closet? 

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »