Connecticut Postgame Discussion

• 63 replies

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
Re: Connecticut Postgame Discussion
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 10:20:17 PM »
I say we worry about the future of the the team once the season is over, and as long as we keeping winning we can enjoy the present and forget about the future...

GO JOHNNIES!!! REVENGE IS OURS FOR THE TAKING!!!
Cougar O' Malley

kob24

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »
yeah with the peach polo

boo3

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »
 Think it will be easy to scoop up tix tomorrow outside MSG?

kob24

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
they was selling them like crazy outside i heard one of the guys charging 60

boo3

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »
they was selling them like crazy outside i heard one of the guys charging 60

Thanks, tomorrow might be tougher.  Whats the face on tix? 60 doesn't sound to bad.

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Brownlee was ferocious...loved the way he attacked the hoop.  Burrell's slam seemed to ignite everyone in the second half.

Great job all around...great effort by Evans...and game MVP goes to Boothe.

Welcome back Mr. Brownlee!  Where have you been?!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2010, 10:46:33 PM »
JB1 was an idiot with that tech as the call was an obvious, no brainer team control foul on us.
huh?????? was u at the game
+

No, but I saw it on the tube plus a replay.  It was an obvious illegal screen.  You don't think so? I don't think the officiating was bad in the first half either.  How bad could they have been?  We extended to a 17 point lead at one point.

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »
yeah with the peach polo

You got a little airtime bro....also there was an older women rocking a johhny jungle tee shirt that got mad up close airtime....anybody else see that?

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 11:57:56 PM »
Think it will be easy to scoop up tix tomorrow outside MSG?

dont need to. goto the tix counter with any student id and you will be given upto 4 tix for $15 a piece. try it, its always worked.

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2010, 11:59:05 PM »
buckeye, u think that will really work tmw?

kob24

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »
the refs was horrible omari made a hard layup while getting hit on his arm and head. the foul difference was crazy

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 01:24:23 AM »
Brownlee was ferocious...loved the way he attacked the hoop.  Burrell's slam seemed to ignite everyone in the second half.

Great job all around...great effort by Evans...and game MVP goes to Boothe.

Welcome back Mr. Brownlee!  Where have you been?!

benched by norm!!!
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 02:09:04 AM »
the refs was horrible omari made a hard layup while getting hit on his arm and head. the foul difference was crazy

With that hit and no call, I thought Omari needs a better lawyer...
Thats damm assault!!!!

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2010, 02:10:26 AM »
Just got back from MSG (went to the night session also).

All I have to say is WOW, what a fun and incredibly satisfying game to be at. I hate UConn with a passion, and this was just ohhh so sweet. I'm very proud of this team. While UConn faced adversity this year, they came out today with zero pride. Our guys have faced adversity through their whole careers at St. John's and played with tremendous energy, pride and heart. You can include EXTREME TOUGHNESS in their as well, especially in the 2nd half. We bullied UConn on the glass in the second half, Evans was an absolute ANIMAL and Malik got into the handle of Kemba and Beverley and caused havoc. Brownlee was also huge tonight when our guys got into foul trouble in the first half. I thought Norm's substitution patterns overall were good tonight. Only thing I really disagreed with was putting DJ and Mase into the game in the first half when we were up 9 and they both had 2 fouls.

I was SHOCKED with the culture of that UConn team. They have SERIOUS issues, and I'm not just talking about talent. There is a bad culture there, and laying down in a Big East Tournament game where you have to play your way into the Big Dance is disturbing.

I'll be back at the Garden tomorrow and once again rooting for the Johnnies!! Can't wait!!!
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

gonzalo

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2010, 02:14:33 AM »
i think it showed that he was tired of the bull shit. it showed emotion. be fore that i think it was 8 to 3 on the foul calls the refs wasnt calling nothing. he got fed up i loved it

I agree to kob24.

Each St. John´s player contact it was a foul. Players like Coker or Brownlee were fouled and no call.

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 02:30:17 AM »
i haven't enjoyed a st john's game like this in a long time.  i'm pissed off i didn't tape it.

we were getting a ref job...and were still kicking ass.  i think burrell's "t", calmed the refs down a bit.  we all should be glad he's playing with that freshman year passion.  if he keeps it up, he'll be killer next year.

i hope we can kick the shit out of marquette.  i know it'll bring norm back...but he's coming back anyway.   i'll leave it at that.  no time for negativity.

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2010, 02:38:56 AM »
i haven't enjoyed a st john's game like this in a long time.  i'm pissed off i didn't tape it.

we were getting a ref job...and were still kicking ass.  i think burrell's "t", calmed the refs down a bit.  we all should be glad he's playing with that freshman year passion.  if he keeps it up, he'll be killer next year.

i hope we can kick the shit out of marquette.  i know it'll bring norm back...but he's coming back anyway.   i'll leave it at that.  no time for negativity.

ESPN360 you can rewatch the game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2010, 02:46:32 AM »
thanks dave about to watch it now

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2010, 02:50:25 AM »
I was getting nervous about 5 min into the 2nd half.

We were getting some lucky baskets. Horne banked in a 3 and then UConn stormed back.

Twice on offense we were running our "stall" offense as I like to call it and I thought the drought was inevitable.

DJ got pushed out of bounds on the baseline and I enjoyed his hip thrusting complaint to the refs. Thought that was really funny. Then UConn cut it to 8 and had the ball.

THEN

DJ came up with a monster stuff from behind which turned into a loose ball and Malik Boothe darted for it and went the other way for 2 points.

I was like maybe we got this.

THEN

Brownlee pulled the whoooooops on the fast break turnover. Now I'm cursing at my TV again.

THEN

Brownlee no more whoooops but OOOOOOPS to Paris for the slam.

It was just a great showing by St. John's to keep answering back and creating offense. This was just such a fun game to watch. I love the BET.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2010, 03:14:51 AM »
cablevision sucks